Today the Stock Market took quite a hit.

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Firstly, I will let you all know that I am a beginner Invester, so I am prone to make mistakes and so far, I can tell you I lost more money than made. Do not take advice from me, or have this post influence your financial decision in any way.

I am learning vague concepts of:
1. Buying the dips
2. Looking at the RSI for oversold, to look for a buying opportunity.

For sure I never want to buy at the peak of a stock. I am unsure about what tomorrow may bring, or the future.

I bought 12 shares of apple stock (AAPL) at $162.95 a share. I am already down $15.96 dollars.

I am looking for a good stock to hold long term 4 months to a year.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
How is the Chinese housing bubble going? When it falls, and it must fall, I expect to see ripples worldwide. This is the biggest, by far, housing bubble that the world has ever seen. Maybe ripples is an understatement. A few months ago the Chinese government told their people to stock up on food.

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How is the Chinese housing bubble going? When it falls, and it must fall, I expect to see ripples worldwide. This is the biggest, by far, housing bubble that the world has ever seen. Maybe ripples is an understatement. A few months ago the Chinese government told their people to stock up on food.

it's quite bad, I am trying to find affordable housing for myself, and don't know at this rate if I could ever find one. I am thinking to myself will the housing market soon cool off? or may I, might as well land a mortgage on a house soon.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Firstly, I will let you all know that I am a beginner Invester, so I am prone to make mistakes and so far, I can tell you I lost more money than made. Do not take advice from me, or have this post influence your financial decision in any way.

I am learning vague concepts of:
1. Buying the dips
2. Looking at the RSI for oversold, to look for a buying opportunity.

For sure I never want to buy at the peak of a stock. I am unsure about what tomorrow may bring, or the future.

I bought 12 shares of apple stock (AAPL) at $162.95 a share. I am already down $15.96 dollars.

I am looking for a good stock to hold long term 4 months to a year.

When buying stock, buy with the intention of never selling. I heard that Buffett has 25% of his money in Apple. I don't like it myself. I don't understand Apples market.

How long should you hold a stock? Buffett says if you don't feel comfortable owning a stock for 10 years, you shouldn't own it for 10 minutes.Rules That Warren Buffett Lives By

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JohnB445
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it's quite bad, I am trying to find affordable housing for myself, and don't know at this rate if I could ever find one. I am thinking to myself will the housing market soon cool off? or may I, might as well land a mortgage on a house soon.
Another couple of years likely.
This "bubble" is not based on speculation like others have been. This ones is based on actual demand for secure housing where people don't sneeze on you. It's a desire to be able to live and not have your neighbors apartment on fire. It has many emotional motives that are far more stable than speculators. That's no guarantee. I'm just saying it's not driven by profiteers this time.

Just because the drivers are different, doesn't mean it will be more stable. Just that it's likely to be more stable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0