Today Marks Five Years That My Girlfriend and I Have Been Dating.

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
All I can say is that it has been a wonderful five years and I wouldn't give them up for anything!

When you come from a marriage where you are walking on eggshells constantly, and arguing constantly. Where your spouse was mentally abusive and on several occasions, physically abusive. Having a relationship where none of those things happens and you actually lift each other up, encourage and talk out disagreements without fear of walking on eggshells or having hands go around your neck, is truly a blessing.

I cannot say it enough! This relationship is the best I have ever had!!

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Your situation sounds like all those You-tube channels, Facebook groups etc. for people who grew up with Narcistic parents, had NPD spouses and the rest of the "Dark Triad" of such disorders. Sometimes those groups have some good memes etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
hurt people.jpg

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
All I can say is that it has been a wonderful five years and I wouldn't give them up for anything!

When you come from a marriage where you are walking on eggshells constantly, and arguing constantly. Where your spouse was mentally abusive and on several occasions, physically abusive. Having a relationship where none of those things happens and you actually lift each other up, encourage and talk out disagreements without fear of walking on eggshells or having hands go around your neck, is truly a blessing.

I cannot say it enough! This relationship is the best I have ever had!!
Congratulations! Is there a reason why you haven't proposed to her yet? It seems to me that there isn't much that either of you would learn in a 6th year that you haven't already learned that would sway your decision about whether or not you want to get married to each other. You sound extremely pleased with your relationship, so it doesn't appear like you are on the fence, but if you are still hesitating after 5 years, then you might as well move on so that both of you have more time to find someone who you aren't so hesitant to get married to.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Congratulations! Is there a reason why you haven't proposed to her yet? It seems to me that there isn't much that either of you would learn in a 6th year that you haven't already learned that would sway your decision about whether or not you want to get married to each other. You sound extremely pleased with your relationship, so it doesn't appear like you are on the fence, but if you are still hesitating after 5 years, then you might as well move on so that both of you have more time to find someone who you aren't so hesitant to get married to.

We're waiting till my bankruptcy is done and over with. After that we'll get married.

I have been trying to pay the lawyer for the last two years, but it's been tough because something always comes up and I cannot pay her.

• Prayers
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Christian4252

Jul 6, 2021
MO
✟10,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I hate to say this. But I feel like I should as a warning. It is my belief that the Bible says after you divorce, you are to either remain unmarried or get back together with the original spouse.

Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.
1 Corinthians 7:10-11

A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 7:39

I'm not sure it's smart to have a new girlfriend (unless your original wife has passed away). Sorry.

The choice is totally yours though.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I hate to say this. But I feel like I should as a warning. It is my belief that the Bible says after you divorce, you are to either remain unmarried or get back together with the original spouse.

Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.
1 Corinthians 7:10-11

A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 7:39

I'm not sure it's smart to have a new girlfriend (unless your original wife has passed away). Sorry.

The choice is totally yours though.

That's fine for you to believe that. I was basically abandoned by my spouse and she has since remarried. She basically acted like an unbeliever when she abandoned me, divorced me and then remarried.

I refuse to live alone the rest of my life because of her choices.

Plus, this relationship I have now is the best one I have ever been in. We rarely argue, if we do we actually talk about it. We build each other up and not tear each other down and if it wasn't for her encouraging me to take the next step and actually get out of EMS, I wouldn't be where I am now, in a better job and bettering myself for our future.

Her and I prayed to find the person God has for us and three days later her and I met and started talking. God put us together, and the evidence is all over the place to show that he did.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums