The Wild West
✟476,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I myself particularly like the Sunday of Christ the King. I remember when, prior to the current bland 1989 Book of Worship being published, the Methodists (and also a few other denominations that revised their service books around the same time) celebrated the second half of the season after Pentecost as Kingdomtide, which culminated in the Sunday of Christ the King. Interestingly, red vesments were worn during the post-Pentecost season, and the use of green was limited to Kingdomtide, which I also like.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
This Sunday is not Saturday, and the post has nothing whatever to do with Sabbath beliefs. So, please do not attempt to make this into a Sabbath thread.

Also the 25th was the Eve of the Feast of Christ the King, which is important, and the feast technically begins with first Vespers, since the liturgical day starts at Vespers.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I think this is sufficient to understand what an indulgence is.
Hello Xeno, thank you for your continuing help with this! The thing is, I understand what an indulgence is. The question that remains unanswered for me is this...............
..........what the 'point' of an indulgence is :scratch:
You know what, we seem to be talking past each other here, so I will do as you suggest and look over some of the sources again, and I'll be back (hopefully tomorrow sometime) to let you know what I've discovered.

God bless you!!

--David

Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,536.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hello Xeno, thank you for your continuing help with this! The thing is, I understand what an indulgence is. The question that remains unanswered for me is this...............

You know what, we seem to be talking past each other here, so I will do as you suggest and look over some of the sources again, and I'll be back (hopefully tomorrow sometime) to let you know what I've discovered.

God bless you!!

--David
Goodness me, General Theology is being filled up with new threads ...

The research will be helpful even if you never change your perspective.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Goodness me, General Theology is being filled up with new threads ...
Yes, and mostly from a single source (AlightSeeker) who appears to be posting 130-140 posts per day, and that since he joined us (about 11 days ago).

The research will be helpful even if you never change your perspective.
Agreed. Looking forward to learning more, one way or the other (though beginning, much less finishing the study did not happen today, I am hopeful that it will tomorrow).

Talk to you then (Dv).

--David

Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,536.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and mostly from a single source (AlightSeeker) who appears to be posting 130-140 posts per day, and that since he joined us (about 11 days ago).

Agreed. Looking forward to learning more, one way or the other (though beginning, much less finishing the study did not happen today, I am hopeful that it will tomorrow).

Talk to you then (Dv).

--David
Looking at your avatar, I hope you don't kill the wabbit. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0