United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Happy Birthday Cody!

Are you enjoying it or done anything special?
Yes, I made first use of my fly fishing kit and did my first fly.cast ever on Friday. That night, I watched Bumblebee. Even though I knew I was going to watch it that day, the movie to me was quite a Birthday surprise because the movie way waaay much better than what I have expected. I didn't expect the movie to be as good as I have saw it.The
Tonight my family and I are going to eat at Benihana and then tommorow I might go kayaking.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am Thankful for being alive in Earth for exactly 24 years thanks be to God!
Happy birthday! Ahhh! My 24th birthday was so long ago in a galaxy far, far away! :)

At 71 years of age I thank the Lord for every new day!

• Friendly
Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I made first use of my fly fishing kit and did my first fly.cast ever on Friday. That night, I watched Bumblebee. Even though I knew I was going to watch it that day, the movie to me was quite a Birthday surprise because the movie way waaay much better than what I have expected. I didn't expect the movie to be as good as I have saw it.The
Tonight my family and I are going to eat at Benihana and then tommorow I might go kayaking.

Wow, I'm glad you're having a good birthday weekend. Flying fishing to possibly kayaking, I hope it all goes as planned and continue to enjoy your exciting twenty-fourth year. :)

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I received Christ as my Saviour in 1966, when I was 19 years of age. I looked at all the years I had left in my life and I wondered how I was going to be able to remain faithful to the Lord all that time.

Now, at the age of 71, 52 years later, I praise the Lord and am so thankful that He has kept me and given me the grace to persevere with Him through all the ups and downs of my life. I can truly say that the Lord has never forsaken me, and my family has never got to the stage where our needs have not been met.

There have been times when I have thought, "I have blown it now! I'll never get to heaven!" But the Lord has always come back to me with Scriptures like: "By grace are you saved through faith, not of yourself. It is the gift of God." He has shown me that in the times I have not been faithful to Him, He has always been faithful to me.

I went through a period where I was not living up to His standards, and we discussed it and He acknowledged that, but said, "Don't stop talking to Me about it. We can work through this." And He did through some remarkable events to bring me back to the right path.

He has had to carry me through a time of my life when I was so deeply grieving that I felt I could not live through it. Like Paul who said in 2 Corinthians 1, that he despaired of life. I remember praying all the way through the book of Psalms during that time, and discovered that God is the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort.

So, from a guy at the other end of life: Be encouraged, don't give up, but hold on to the Lord with all your heart, and you will see His love, grace, and mercy all the days of your life, as David said in Psalm 23.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I spent many happy hours fishing for trout in New Zealand rivers and lakes when I was younger. May you catch the big one!!!

Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟436,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
http%3A%2F%2Fwww.desicomments.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F02%2FHappy-Belated-Birthday-Cake.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums