To Honour the Dissidents- Sargon of Akkad on why free speech matters

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Many people on this forum see it as rude and unproductive to start a thread by posting a link to some youtube video without any commentary or context. They ignore such threads as a matter of principle.

If we wanted to watch youtube videos and argue about them, we would be on youtube.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,263.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Many people on this forum see it as rude and unproductive to start a thread by posting a link to some youtube video without any commentary or context. They ignore such threads as a matter of principle.

If we wanted to watch youtube videos and argue about them, we would be on youtube.
Many people think it's fine. What's your beef? Look at the title, hear the intro, if you don't like it move on. Over the years I've discovered interesting stuff occasionally by people who just want to share ideas even if not their own. Sharing is what the internet's about.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Many people think it's fine. What's your beef?
Just wanted to explain to the new guy why nobody would debate in this thread and about the video.

Upvote 0

ThievingMagpie

Jun 5, 2018
London
✟64,205.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Oh it's the guy that said "I wouldn’t even rape you" to a female MP and then followed up with "With enough pressure, I might cave.”

Free speech is important, it's just a shame you've just got to wade through this sort of gutter filth to find anything worth listening to.

Upvote 0

Kevin McCabe

Jul 1, 2019
London
Visit site
✟15,975.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Old Calendarist Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh it's the guy that said "I wouldn’t even rape you" to a female MP and then followed up with "With enough pressure, I might cave.”

Free speech is important, it's just a shame you've just got to wade through this sort of gutter filth to find anything worth listening to.

Is this guy a rapist?

Upvote 0

Kevin McCabe

Jul 1, 2019
London
Visit site
✟15,975.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Old Calendarist Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not that I'm aware of, just odious and not particularly good at winning elections
Couldn't agree more. Hitler won an election and never tweeted a rape joke.

Upvote 0