Belfast
✟16,390.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
DW1980 got the best of my shotgun of truth about being gay and a Christian today. Both barrels....dripping with sarcasm and full of hate.

I want to apologise.

I have hated homosexuals for years and seen them as nothing but dirt - enemies of Christ and fit for nothing but hell.

I was sitting at tea tonight and for no reason my post came into my mind and I felt such sadness. I've no idea if it was God, or the badly cooked dinner but I actually feel hurt inside.

I'm a tough cookie...I don't feel much.

DW1980 for some bizarre reason I think I'm feeling what you're feeling about your situation and about the words that I sent like a sword to your heart and I want to ask forgiveness and I take back and retract the things I said. I realise I've nothing. I love Romans chapter 1 - can quote it word for word. But Paul also said that without love I literally am nothing.

You're probably closer to Christ than I am right now. I literally am empty, loveless and dead.

I want to offer a sincere and heartfelt apology to you, and also to the wider community. I don't know if I'm ready to be best pals with the LGBT community but I know I'm feeling so sad and upset. If Christ died for you then who the hell am I to sit in judgement?

Please forgive me as I extend a feeble but O so sincere apology. This old fool has a lot to learn and maybe today it's a step in the right direction.

I'm going to consider leaving the forums (only been here a week or so anyway so won't be any great loss) but I'm realising that I'm in no place to post. I have nothing to offer except empty words and a bad attitude.

~David

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Nice post. You are a true Christian.

We all explode at times my friend. Rightly or wrongly so.

LGBT is something I loath too. Just not natural. But, it's their life. I have plenty of big logs in my eyes before I go looking for splinters in others.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We all explode at times my friend. Rightly or wrongly so.

And even if it's "rightly", that doesn't mean we like what we feel we have to do, I know I don't, but when we really care about our brother or sister we do what we must in order to get through to them.

The heat goes up as the situation requires, and it's hot in there for everyone.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm going to consider leaving the forums (only been here a week or so anyway so won't be any great loss) but I'm realising that I'm in no place to post. I have nothing to offer except empty words and a bad attitude.

Oh, hush. :)

Don't you dare run off. Look at the lesson you learned there...priceless. You need to be here, we all need to be here and learn/take heart the best of what others have to teach as well as by our/others experiences as Christians.

And did you happen to notice what you just "offered"/may have taught others? Not bad for someone who has nothing to offer. :)

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
DW1980 got the best of my shotgun of truth about being gay and a Christian today. Both barrels....dripping with sarcasm and full of hate.

I want to apologise.

I have hated homosexuals for years and seen them as nothing but dirt - enemies of Christ and fit for nothing but hell.

I was sitting at tea tonight and for no reason my post came into my mind and I felt such sadness. I've no idea if it was God, or the badly cooked dinner but I actually feel hurt inside.

DW1980 for some bizarre reason I think I'm feeling what you're feeling about your situation and about the words that I sent like a sword to your heart and I want to ask forgiveness and I take back and retract the things I said. I realise I've nothing. I love Romans chapter 1 - can quote it word for word. But Paul also said that without love I literally am nothing.

You're probably closer to Christ than I am right now. I literally am empty, loveless and dead.

I want to offer a sincere and heartfelt apology to you, and also to the wider community. I don't know if I'm ready to be best pals with the LGBT community but I know I'm feeling so sad and upset. If Christ died for you then who the hell am I to sit in judgement?

Please forgive me as I extend a feeble but O so sincere apology. This old fool has a lot to learn and maybe today it's a step in the right direction.

~David
If I might butt in here, but you need to confess that to Jesus Christ and then ask for his grace and Mercy to better understand your position. He is just to show you. He is just to forgive you. I know when I screw up and confess it, relief comes almost instantly. Even if with a learning curve after LOL. I'm no fan of the gay lifestyle myself but God has shown me to not hate the persons involved. They are trying to get through this world too, like you and I are in our own sinfulness, what ever that might be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP

I want to apologise.

~David

David, I'm heading out shortly so don't have time for a full response.

I'm in tears right now. I've literally no words other than thank you. :) you are the first Christian who has ever said anything like that to me. THANK YOU. :)

I'm not asking you to be best friends with the LGBT community,or maybe even friends if you're not comfortable with that. But I would like to offer you my hand in friendship, (as best I can online) maybe you'd start with me? It's only by listening to each other that we start to build bridges. We don't have to agree. Just understand - or try to. What you've said above is brave, and I respect you so much for it.

Please don't leave. I'm new here too, we both have lots to learn. And I think we both want the same thing, a genuine relationship with God, to live for him, and help others find the freedom and forgiveness Christ offers.

I'll polish this later but I wanted to acknowledge this, and to make sure you know there are no hard feelings.

Bless you brother :)

Upvote 0

SeraTaru

Dec 5, 2017
Belfast
✟16,390.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much,

God has done a miracle in my heart. I shared your message with my wife and she was in tears as well (she's had to endure my rants on many occasions sadly).

Let's talk on PM and start to build those bridges - I have much to learn and understand.

In Love
David

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

I want to apologise.

~David

This is beautiful.

No need though to leave, although that's anyone choice to.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I understand and had similar disdain for decades. Hopefully you'll notice that
any hateful people you learned from have room to mature past their hate
and you can take the path they have not yet taken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I want to apologise.

~David

... Wow.

I know I haven't posted in this forum section in a long time (I was fairly active here in Whosoever Will May Come when I first joined CF years ago) and you might be long gone already, but, still I want to say: It takes a big man to admit to that.

Upvote 0

Decanus

I don't even know anymore
Mar 21, 2012
West Midlands
✟40,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As an LGBT Christian who has struggled in the past with acceptance from other Christians, especially being raised in a denomination who's language about LGBT peoples has been very damaging, thank you for this! It truly means so much to somebody like me and really does give me hope.

You're not a bad person and it takes a lot of courage to admit when your behaviour has been wrong. We all struggle with this, myself included.

Upvote 0

godenver1

Christian
Jul 12, 2015
✟29,119.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
What a fantastic reminder of the unity we all share in Christ, whether in the UK, USA, or online.

SeraTaru: it's not your theological views that demonstrate your faith in action, it's the humility you have shown in acknowleding your wrong doings and seeking a more loving path. After your post, and DW1980's Christ-like forgiveness, I feel inspired to be a better Christian. Just wanted to let you know.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I guess I don't understand "hating" a group of people for any reason. But it hits closer to home for me because my youngest child came out to us last year. He's no different than he was before he spoke up. He's exactly the same person in fact. To hate or disdain or even love him any less would be impossible and would make a mockery of what love is. If anything, I love him more for being honest because that was a hard moment for him, no matter that he knows how much we love him. Remember that these people you might hate or disdain are someone's child - could be yours in fact - someone's brother or sister, someone's niece or nephew, aunt or uncle. They're just people, and deserved to be seen as individuals and not as a group of "bad" people.

Upvote 0