Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I got that idea because I was talking about evolution theory out of a very highly rated book and people wanted to argue with me and disagree about it. We all know that evolutionists fight and argue about everything among themselves. They got a lot of theory but don't seem to have the evidence to back it up.
As I said, the book (and the argument) is about a specific hypothesis pertaining to a specific species within an evolutionary framework. That's not the same as arguing about evolution. Just like doubting that Bill is little Joey's father is not the same as doubting that people have fathers.

Upvote 0

rjc34

Feb 22, 2011
✟1,769.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Look at Gould and Meyer, both taught Evolution at Harvard and yet they did not agree on anything.

Disagreeing on the minutiae of evolution does not mean they "did not agree on anything". Both of them understood precisely all of the underpinnings of evolution and how it worked, and they both agreed upon it.

Upvote 0

rjc34

Feb 22, 2011
✟1,769.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
I got that idea because I was talking about evolution theory out of a very highly rated book and people wanted to argue with me and disagree about it. We all know that evolutionists fight and argue about everything among themselves. They got a lot of theory but don't seem to have the evidence to back it up.

No, you were taking a book about a hypothesis on the evolutionary path that humans took and how cooking food may have played a very big role in it. That's it.

You tried to conflate the very narrow field of the book into a very general category of the theory of evolution.

Upvote 0
J

Jazer

No, you were taking a book about a hypothesis on the evolutionary path that humans took and how cooking food may have played a very big role in it. That's it.
That is fine if you do not except the theory presented in the Book. It just makes it that much easier for us to show evolution is not true when evolutionists argue against their own theory. Or spend all their time to argue among themselves to try and establish just what it is they believe.

Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Unless your on the Jerry Springer show and you are testing 16 different men and none of them turn out to be the father. Usually it is fairly easy to determine who the father is. The test is 99% accurate.
Your point being?

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

I only exist on the internet
Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
That is fine if you do not except the theory presented in the Book. It just makes it that much easier for us to show evolution is not true when evolutionists argue against their own theory. Or spend all their time to argue among themselves to try and establish just what it is they believe.

And what do the 30,000 different sects of christianity say about what you believe?

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private

There is no theory presented in the bible. A there is no data, so no theory.

As for arguments within science about evolution, there is often disagreement about certain details, but as for the basics, no. so your statement on the subject is tendentious and misleading.

Upvote 0
J

Jazer

there is often disagreement about certain details, but as for the basics, no.
Yet the arguement is if micro evolution is true then that means macro is true. So the theory stands or falls based on how true the details are. Of course the problem really is not with the theory itself. The problem is when atheists want to use the theory to try to support their claim to atheism. The theory of theistic evolution is fairly well accepted and few people argue against it. For me if people want to argue against the catching fire book then that is wonderful. That leaves more room for special creation. It opens the door for intelligent design.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

Jazer

And what do the 30,000 different sects of christianity say about what you believe?
Not really. Often it comes down to pro or con. For or against abortion, for or against homosexual priests and bishops and so on. This can be a problem for evolution theory because some people may consider pro evolution to be anti christian. So even theistic evolutionists may deny evolution in order to try and associate themselves with Christianity.

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Yet the arguement is if micro evolution is true then that means macro is true. So the theory stands or falls based on how true the details are. Of course the problem really is not with the theory itself. The problem is when atheists want to use the theory to try to support their claim to atheism. The theory of theistic evolution is fairly well accepted and few people argue against it. For me if people want to argue against the catching fire book then that is wonderful. That leaves more room for special creation. It opens the door for intelligent design.

Yet the arguement is if micro evolution is true then that means macro is true.

Not really. Scientists dont bother talking about this imaginary distinction.

So the theory stands or falls based on how true the details are.

Details like what? Your statement is so general as to be meaningless.
Of course the problem really is not with the theory itself.

What "problem" are you talking about? But I agree that ToE does not have problems.
The problem is when atheists want to use the theory to try to support their claim to atheism

never heard anyone do this, but why is that a problem for you or anyone else? id say religion is way more of a problem, when people use it to justify atrocious behaviour.
The theory of theistic evolution is fairly well accepted and few people argue against it.

Its not really a theory as there is no supporting evidence. As to whether 'few" or "many" argue agaisnt it, how do you know?

I would not bother arguing against it probably, depending on what it is supposed to be of course... i suspect many many versions, all with no supporting evidence.
It opens the door for intelligent design

the door is always open for truth and reality. the problem for ID is that like all the other varied forms of creationism, it has not one data point to work with.

IF its true, then present some data; otherwise its nothing but idle speculation.

Upvote 0
J

Jazer

Details like what? Your statement is so general as to be meaningless.
If it's "meaningless" then there is nothing for you to argue against.

never heard anyone do this, but why is that a problem for you or anyone else? id say religion is way more of a problem, when people use it to justify atrocious behaviour.
It's only a problem if the students learn one thing in their science class and something else in the sunday school or religion class. It is not unheard of for evolution to be debated in the court system. The Ohio Board of Education voted in 2004 to alter its science standards to allow the teaching of criticisms of evolution, including intelligent design, only to reverse course less than two years later. The Scopes Monkey Trial—was a landmark case. Religion ends up in court also. There was Madeline O'hara for example.

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
If it's "meaningless" then there is nothing for you to argue against.

It's only a problem if the students learn one thing in their science class and something else in the sunday school or religion class. It is not unheard of for evolution to be debated in the court system. The Ohio Board of Education voted in 2004 to alter its science standards to allow the teaching of criticisms of evolution, including intelligent design, only to reverse course less than two years later. The Scopes Monkey Trial—was a landmark case. Religion ends up in court also. There was Madeline O'hara for example.

f it's "meaningless" then there is nothing for you to argue against.
there is nothing to argue against if you make a vague statement with no details. if you have none to give, thats fine.

It's only a problem if the students learn one thing in their science class and something else in the sunday school or religion class
Well that is a problem for the kids whose parents are cultists. but its among the least of their problems.

did you have some sort of data for you "intelligent design" for which the door is always open? Idle speculation is not suitable material for a science class.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Are lions better when cooked? Either way, I don't think they're known as being great distance runners.

Almost anything but a turtle can outrun a person.

We recommend against uncooked lion they would be vector for diseases and parasites.

Upvote 0
J

Jazer

did you have some sort of data for you "intelligent design" for which the door is always open?
Intelligent design would be William A. Dembski & Michael Behe. Their books often can be gotten for the cost of the postage. Most people would agree there is an Intelligent Designer. But I do not think there are many followers of any theory for ID. Most Christians would be theistic evolutions to some degree. This simply says God used evolution when He created the Universe. I think the christians that tend to be against evolution are really against atheistic evolution as well they should be. God knows the end from the beginning and any sort of random process would contradict that. When you plant a seed for a mighty oak all the genetic information for that oak is contained within the seed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Intelligent design would be William A. Dembski & Michael Behe. Their books often can be gotten for the cost of the postage. Most people would agree there is an Intelligent Designer. But I do not think there are many followers of any theory for ID. Most Christians would be theistic evolutions to some degree. This simply says God used evolution when He created the Universe. I think the christians that tend to be against evolution are really against atheistic evolution as well they should be. God knows the end from the beginning and any sort of random process would contradict that. When you plant a seed for a mighty oak all the genetic information for that oak is contained within the seed.

Nobody has any data for "intelligent design" or the "designer".

Simple.

There is no "theory of ID" due to this complete lack of data.

Upvote 0
J

Jazer

Almost anything but a turtle can outrun a person.
We are talking about distance. People can run up to 25 miles in a day. Most anyone can do 12 miles in a day. I do not think a lion can cover that much distance in a day. I go out on the bike trails and see tiny little kids on tiny bicyles going up to 5 miles in a day.

Upvote 0