Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The only reason I can come up with for your being tired of Tebow is he's making you look bad.

I commend Tebow for his Christian stance. Since when is it okay to hoot and hollar and cuss and make all sorts of gang and satanic signs when someone is good at what they do, yet when a Christian makes one consistent effort, he is ridiculed even by other Christians? Has the world so tainted your tastes?

He didn't do anything outside of what his faith accepts and expects. Would you be so hard on him if he did what the worldly players did, and then tried to talk about how much Christ Jesus means to him? Would you even believe him then?

He's got a rough row to hoe, and we should all pray that the world and the devil don't take him down to try and shame Christ Jesus, but protect his witness.

I'll never get over how the Christian army is the only army in the world that shoots it's wounded... Tebow is being shot at and you're feeling embarrassed? What's up with that man? How's the working out for you and God?:confused:

Amen sister!

Upvote 0

Common Sense

Feb 23, 2012
✟15,769.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Amen sister!
I believe the world has gotten to the point where they expect negative and want to erase away anything positive. We do shoot our wounded and have been doing so for a long time. I think we know what forces are at work here but we don't resist. Could it be that God allows all this so we can experience the results of our descisions and hopefully learn just a little bit. Think about the things the world is in favor of and what they are against, what is politically correct and what isn't. Can you see where we are?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I can and have seen it coming for some time. Praying harder brother. God picked my jaw and heart up from the floor where both crashed. I am still reeling from the stark reality of the HUGE-NESS of the effects of the enemy. The atmosphere is thick with his influence.

Yeah, we got a knock-out punch, but it prompts us to pray even more fervently, amen?

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." ~James 5:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTdHTfs4rYg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1Prophetess

Amazing Grace, How Sweet You Are Lord Jesus!
Jan 17, 2010
California USA
✟17,661.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am in awe and admiration for Tebow. He is a man among men when he can kneel in front of millions before his "battle" and during it in order to pray. I pray God's perpetual blessings on him now and for generations to come. I pray that he will be strong enough to not allow the devil to take him down because he does represent us. And we tend to have clay feet.

Everyone I know admires him. Many of the NFL players are harlots, drunks, and drug addicts. He stands so far above many of them that I would be proud to be called a "Tebow" any time.

OP: I'm sorry that you feel offended when someone calls you Tebow. I would suggest that, instead of allowing the devil to mock you, you say, "Yes, I am part of the same group. And we are bold like our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!"

I admire him as much as any athlete in the nation--probably any in the world if I think about it for a half second.

Upvote 0

1Prophetess

Amazing Grace, How Sweet You Are Lord Jesus!
Jan 17, 2010
California USA
✟17,661.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like idol worship :bow:

"But it put Jesus Christ in front of the world!!!" No it did not, it was a mockery just as the OP of this thread had said.

God's word puts Christ in front of the world.

The Sponsors flocked to Tebow so Tebow agrees to do shirtless sensual layouts for Vogue magazine (amongst others as well)? Christians call Tebow a hero. Jesus is THE hero and the only thing I really need to remember about the word 'hero' is that "He Rose"

Holy ... or sensual? Love ... or lust? Holy Spirit worship ... or human worship? There's a thin line between the two.

Oh good grief! I think your comments are extremely rude and condescending and completely uncalled for in light of the fact that I said he represented my Lord.

You don't even know me like that!

What you think it sounds like is my way of expressing my feelings. I do not have sexual feelings or lust toward any man excepting my husband (which is proper before the Lord).

Maybe you're speaking your own reality. I have not seen any "shirtless" advertising. However, if I even so much as had a fleeting thought about a sensual, love, lust for him, I'd sure get that idea fixed in a quick hurry. I don't need to let the devil in to my life by way of sexual sin.

Maybe you should consider 1 John 1:9 in your judgement of me. You are completely wrong! In fact, if I saw Tebow on the street, I wouldn't even recognize him. But I am still in awe of the man! He stands up for Christ like I've not seen another athlete do.

I love the Lord. Tebow is awesome since he chooses to love my Lord. The Lord is the most awesome of awesomeness.

Tebow is a man who love the Lord. I respect him for showing it. The man is awesome! King David was awesome! Other men in history have been too.

Upvote 0