TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Labor has never lied about the role it is prepared to play in combating world poverty.
If the age you display is correct then you are certainly old enough to remember labours by 1990 no Australian child will be living in poverty promise. Oh how quickly we forget. Sorry if I'm a little sceptical considering Hawke has a high profile in this election campaign.

the most uncharitable (don't forget he refused compensation to victims of the Bali bombing :mad: )
and why should they pay compensation? That would be the same as me bashing someone and making you pay compensation to the person I bashed. Let us not forget that he also paid for family of victims to go to Bali for memorial services. I'm not going to be voting for Howard but please at least try to be factual and unbiased.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gays and abortion are serious problems in Australia just as much as in America. Much more so than poverty which only affects a small potion of the community here as we are very well off compared to some other less fortunate countries around the world. If you want to see real poverty go to places like Africa where people live on less than a dollar a day.
Can you provide your source for this info please. Can you also provide a comparison of cost of living between the countries. Every source I've seen in regards to a dollar a day is a US dollar. I know that still isn't much but if you are going to do a comparison then you should at least make sure it is a fair comparison.

Along with your other posts you come across as the sort of person that is resentful of others who have worked hard and enjoy a higher standard of living. People who studied hard through school and university and have successful careers.
and with this comment you come across as sounding as if it is all so easy. For example I have a medical condition that makes learning a bit more difficult and in the education system you just get left behind. Also teachers often accused me of daydreaming despite the fact I was having epileptic fits. In one place I worked pay rises were done by performance review. For three years running I got the largest pay rise of anyone in the four departments my manager was in charge of. despite this people were not willing to give me a job when I went for interviews solely on the basis I did not have a uni degree. It didn't matter what kind of degree you had they just wanted proof you could apply yourself. If my consistant performance reviews can't do that then people are plain stupid. I have seen many a uni grad get a job and do virtually no work. Also despite an indpendant assesmant done showing we were the most efficient workplace the assesor had ever come across we were still given the flick and replaced by contractors (for those wanting to jump on anti IR law bandwagon this happened under a labour govt). You make it sound so easy but at the end of the day you can work your guts out and still get done over. I don't resent people who have worked hard and enjoy a comfortable lifestyle as a result but someone else could put in the same effort but not get the same return.

Upvote 0

cloudstrife007

Jun 13, 2006
✟8,007.00
Faith
Christian
Note: I only read the first post. About the whole issue of election, I feel that every leader does make an effort to provide what they feel is best but this may not necessarily please everyone in the country. Which leader is better is up to our own views and opinions on it but I feel that we all need to pray that God will give wisdom to whoever is the elected leader and party.

May God bless our country.

Upvote 0