Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Not really. The context of post # 53 that you are quoting from is to post # 51 linked where the scriptures are provided. What is it there from the scriptures that have been provided that you disagree with, or are you only here for a disagreement? If you are in disagreement with the scriptures that have been provided, then your argument is with God not me as they are Gods' Words not my words that you are in disagreement with but unable to show why you disagree.
"Now you tell me, according to the scriptures, if someone has been given a knowledge of the truth of Gods' Word and they then choose to reject the truth of God's Word in unbelief in order to now continue in known unrepentant sin, are they in a saved state with God or an unsaved state with God according to these scriptures just provided? Sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments in James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4 and Romans 7:7 and not believing and following what God's Word says in Romans 14:23."

You did quote scripture. However, the above quoted section contains swaths of conjecture not contained in the scripture. So the rhetorical statement "I only quoted scripture" followed up with, "kindly advise how you disagree with scripture" is a common rhetorical device, but as the subject of the thread talks about .. is a lie about God's word.

• Useful
Reactions: mailmandan
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"Now you tell me, according to the scriptures, if someone has been given a knowledge of the truth of Gods' Word and they then choose to reject the truth of God's Word in unbelief in order to now continue in known unrepentant sin, are they in a saved state with God or an unsaved state with God according to these scriptures just provided? Sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments in James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4 and Romans 7:7 and not believing and following what God's Word says in Romans 14:23."

You did quote scripture. However, the above quoted section contains swaths of conjecture not contained in the scripture. So the rhetorical statement "I only quoted scripture" followed up with, "kindly advise how you disagree with scripture" is a common rhetorical device, but as the subject of the thread talks about .. is a lie about God's word.

According to the scriptures it is written; "Therefore to him that knows to do good, and does it not, to him it is sin." - James 4:17 and again "In times of ignorance God winked at; but now (when we receive a knowledge of the truth) commands all men every where to repent because he has appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he has ordained; whereof he has given assurance to all men, in that he has raised him from the dead." - Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31 Now compare the above two scriptures in James 4:17 and Acts of the Apostle 17:30-31 with Hebrews 10:26-31 which says; "For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries." - Hebrews 10:26-27. Perhaps you tell me, if someone has been given a knowledge of the truth of Gods' Word and they then choose to reject the truth of God's Word in unbelief in order to now continue in known unrepentant sin, are they in a saved state with God or an unsaved state with God according to these scriptures just provided? Sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments in James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4 and Romans 7:7 and not believing and following what God's Word says in Romans 14:23.

May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Do you? AND...do you understand the implications? Christians who worship on Sunday AREN'T going to stop. Like ever, until they die.

So, apparently YOU "know" what that means, because you're all too ready to tell everyone about it.

Anyway, I'm done. I'm not reading anything you've written---not more than one paragraph---if you're not going to reciprocate in bilateral fashion. So, get you're act together, then we can talk.

Feel free to just keep wasting your time in the meantime.
According to the scriptures that are God's Words not my words, Jesus has His people in every Church *John 10:16 that are living up to all the light of His Word that He has revealed to them *James 4:17; Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31. But the hour is coming and now is that His true worshipers will worship Him in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24). God is calling all that have ears to hear and eye to see to come out from following man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from God and His Word to worship Him in Spirit and in truth. According to Jesus if anyone knowingly follows man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God we are not worshiping God. Our God is calling us all back to His Word to worship Him in Spirit and in truth. According to Jesus Gods' sheep will hear His voice (the Word) and follow Him (obey). Those who do not hear will not follow because they are not His sheep *John 10:26-27. "Fear God therefore (and not man), and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters." - Revelation 14:7. Now what is your argument dear friend? - You have none. Then why not believe the scriptures provided and shared with you out of love that are God's Words not my words. Our God is calling us out from following man-made teachings and traditions back to His Word to worship Him in Spirit and in truth to seek him today while He may be found, so that we can all be ready for His soon return.

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to the scriptures that are God's Words not my words, Jesus has His people in every Church *John 10:16 that are living up to all the light of His Word that He has revealed to them *James 4:17; Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31. But the hour is coming and now is that His true worshipers will worship Him in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24). God is calling all that have ears to hear and eye to see to come out from following man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from God and His Word to worship Him in Spirit and in truth. According to Jesus if anyone knowingly follows man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God we are not worshiping God. Our God is calling us all back to His Word to worship Him in Spirit and in truth. According to Jesus Gods' sheep will hear His voice (the Word) and follow Him (obey). Those who do not hear will not follow because they are not His sheep *John 10:26-27. "Fear God therefore (and not man), and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters." - Revelation 14:7. Now what is your argument dear friend? - You have none. Then why not believe the scriptures provided and shared with you out of love that are God's Words not my words. Our God is calling us out from following man-made teachings and traditions back to His Word to worship Him in Spirit and in truth to seek him today while He may be found, so that we can all be ready for His soon return.

Take Care.

...Oh, my argument is that you think you're sitting snug over there in Australia, and you think you're high and mighty 'cuz you're talking to "a Sunday worshiper in the good ol' U.S of A."

And when you're SDA like you are, we all know what that ....... means, don't we?

But I disagree with you and your denomination that the Mark of the Beast is "Sunday Worship."

That's WRONG!! Try again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
GOD'S WORD OR MAN-MADE TEACHINGS AND TRADITION - A BIBLICAL VIEW

GOD'S WORD vs TRADITIONS OF MEN

The very same topics that we discuss here today were also discussed in the days of Jesus. The mainstream preachers of Christ's time all claimed to be Children of God because their claim was that they were the Children of Abraham right? This was their claim to being God's people according to the scriptures....

JOHN 8
[33] They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how say thou, Ye shall be made free?​

They claimed belief on the God of Abraham, they claimed to be in bondage to no man and they claimed to be God's children and His people because Abraham was their father. But what did Jesus tell them?

[34] Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever commits sin is the servant of sin.
[39] They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
[40] But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
[41] Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
[44] Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
[45] And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

There is more on this engagement between Jesus and the Mainstream God of Abraham preachers of His time in John 8. Certainly the Pharisees studied the bible as it existed then. As did Jesus.

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.​

Yet these two factions, Jesus and the Mainstream preachers of His time had almost opposite understandings of the Bible. It is fair to say not all Jews of that time had the same understanding as the Mainstream Preachers.

Luke 1:5-6 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. [6] And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

So there seems to be a trend here. The Mainstream Preachers claimed to be God's people, they read God's Words, yet they "Transgressed the Commandments of God by their own doctrines and traditions." (Matthew 15:3-9). Yet there is no indication that Zacharias or Jesus did this and followed them. So we have one example of understanding that was gained by study in obedience to the instructions in God's Word, (Zacharias and Jesus) and another example of study in disobedience to the instructions of God's Word. (Mainstream preachers of that time)

There were more than just Zacharias.

Matthew 2:1-2 [1] Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, [2] Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.​

Here is another example of people who had a completely different understanding than the Mainstream preachers of that time. Is it wrong to assume that they, like Zacharias, also studied in obedience to the instruction?

And Peter, which side of this topic did he fall on?

Acts of the Apostles 5
[29] Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
[32] And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
[33] When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.​

Now why was it that the Jews sought to persecute Jesus and the prophets? It was because they refused to obey the instruction of God, and created their own instructions, and the other example did not. So fast forward to today. We have a Mainstream Christianity teaching that "Transgresses the Commandments of God by their own traditions and doctrines"

This is not a judgment, rather, a simple fact.
  • It is Mainstream Christian Tradition to transgress God's Sabbath Commandment and replace it with the Catholic Sabbath (Sunday worship).
  • It is Mainstream Christian Tradition to create images of God in the likeness of some long haired men's shampoo model, transgressing the first and greatest commandment.
  • It is Mainstream Christian Tradition to transgress God's Food Laws, and create their own definition of clean and unclean.
So it seems that even today, if a person studies in obedience to God's simple instructions he see's the scripture one way. If a person studies scripture in disobedience following the traditions and teachings of man in place of God's Word and to God's simple instructions, he sees the scripture in another way.

I believe what Peter taught, that the Holy Spirit (Spirit of Truth) is given to those who do not "Transgress the Commandments of God by their own religious doctrines and traditions. But I also know from Peter and Jesus that this belief will infuriate "many" who come in Christ's/God's name.

[23] "When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them."​

Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endures to the end shall be saved."​

My hope is that you might consider these words and understand.

John 3
[19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. (Is it evil or righteous to transgress the commandments of God by doctrines and traditions of men?
[20] For every one that doeth evil (Transgress God's Commandments by their own Traditions) hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Is this why the Mainstream preachers of Peters time set about to kill or silence Peter, so he wouldn't expose their transgression of God's Commandments?

[21] But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest,.(let your light shine) that they are wrought in God.

So a circle complete once again. Those who live a doctrine created (wrought) by God have a different understanding than those who live a doctrine created by man who follow the traditions of man. The above was shared with me recently by a friend. I hope it was a blessing to you as it was for me.

Now the important question is who should we believe and follow God or man?

May God bless you as you seek him through His Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We rest in Jesus by believing and following what God's Word says according to the scriptures, which is why Jesus says; "Come to me (the Word), all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest (through believing the Word). Take my yoke on you (believe and obey), and learn of me (through the Word); for I am (God) meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest to your souls (believing the Word). For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." No one therefore can rest in Christ by not believing and obeying what Gods' Word says because it is written; "The wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. There is no peace, said my God, to the wicked." - Isaiah 57:20-21. Your welcome. May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word. Ignoring it will not make it disappear. According to Jesus the Words of God we accept or reject will become our judge come judgement day *John 12:47-48.
Ok but I take" rest" the same way in both cases. Rest in Him.
Thanks for engaging!

• Friendly
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments
That's not the only definition, so this is an interpretation skewing perception.

• Useful
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's not the only definition, so this is an interpretation skewing perception.
The definitions of sin were already provided through scriptures near the OP showing showing that sin is defined in the bible as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments *James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7 and not believing and following what God's Word says *Romans 14:23 so no I am not skewing perception. In fact what I have written here was in the very post you were part quoting me on. So is it you that is misrepresenting what I posted and skewing perception. I was only providing God's Word showing what sin is. So what is it that you do not believe and if I am telling you the truth why do you not believe me?

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gods' Word does not teach lawlessness (without law). According to the scriptures in the new covenant. The purpose of God's 10 commandments is to give us a knowledge of good (moral right doing when obeyed) and evil (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); sin (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and righteousness (moral right doing when obeyed) *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172 and to lead us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith *Galatians 3:22-25 so that we can be born again in Gods' Spirit of love *See John 3:3-7 compare with 1 John 3:4-9; Romans 13:8-10; 1 John 5:2-4 to be obedient to God's law through faith in God's Word *Romans 3:31. This is God's new covenant promise to love and love is expressed in obeying what Gods Word says not disobeying what God's Word says. That would be sin and unbelief.

Context and meaning of 2 Corinthians 3 added in here linked.

Take Care.
The new covenant replaces the old useless one.

Romans 7:6
But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

Hebrews 8:13
In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TIME TO UNLEARN THE LIES ABOUT GOD’S WORD

Welcome dear friends. May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.

All you have to do is turn on the news today to see that the signs of the times of the end of the world are being fulfilled in quick succession.

Jesus will return very soon. This will be true 10,000 years from now as well.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not really, I have already posted and provided scripture showing that sin is defined in the bible as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments....

It has already been defined:

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it,
for him it is sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It has already been defined:
James 4:17 So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.
Here is the rest of the post and the scriptures that define what sin is.

SIN IS THE BREAKING OF ANYONE OF GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS AND NOT BELIEVING AND FOLLOWING WHAT GOD'S WORD SAYS.

"Sin is defined in the bible as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments *James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7 and not believing and following what God's Word says *Romans 14:23."

Sin is breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments and not believing what Gods' Word says.
  • James 2:10-11 [10], For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11], For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if you commit no adultery, yet if you kill, you are become a transgressor of the law.
  • 1 John 3:4 [4], Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
  • Romans 14:23 ..... whatsoever is not of faith is sin

God's Word does not teach lawlessness (without law or no law) as it is through the law we have a knowledge of what sin is *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 in the new covenant.

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The new covenant replaces the old useless one.
Agreed but according to the scriptures the new covenant includes all of God's 10 commandments but does not includes the "shadow laws" of the Mosaic book of the covenant's *Exodus 24:7 laws for remission of sins *Exodus 21 to Exodus 34: Leviticus 11 to Leviticus 23; Numbers 28:3-8; Numbers 28:11-13; Numbers 28:11-24; Numbers 28:26-31; Numbers 29:1-6; Leviticus 16:5-10; Numbers 29:7-11; Numbers 29:12-40 etc that are now fulfilled in Christ to who they all pointed to *see Hebrews 7:1-25; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-27 and Hebrews 10:1-22. Your mixing up God's old covenant "shadow laws" for remission of sins (e.g. earthly Sanctuary laws, Levitical Priesthood laws, the laws of animal sacrifices and sin offerings, circumcision and annual Feast days) with Gods' eternal laws that in the new covenant give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing when obeyed) and evil (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); sin (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and righteousness (moral right doing when obeyed) *see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172.
Romans 7:6 But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.
The context provided around Romans 7:6 has been provided here linked. Romans 7:6 does not teach God's 10 commandments have been abolished. That teaching would contradict pretty much the whole bible. This is a good example of why we should not try to pull a single scripture from it's context to justify a false teaching of lawlessness (without law). This is a teaching that is not biblical or supported in the entire bible. Romans 7:6 is talking about being released from the laws sin and condemnation to serve God's law in newness of the Spirit. - Context matters see the linked post.
Hebrews 8:13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Agreed we are in the new covenant now not the old. No more laws of circumcision, and earthly Sanctuary laws for remission of sins from the Mosaic book of the old covenant *Exodus 24:7. Gods' 10 commandments however are all repeated and are a part of Gods' New covenant (scriptures here) that give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing when obeyed) and evil (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); sin (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and righteousness (moral right doing when obeyed) *see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
Agreed a new creature in Christ is not one who any longer practices sin (see 1 John 3:4-9; Romans 6:1-23; Romans 3:31; Romans 8:1-4; Galatians 5:16). Sin is defined in the scriptures as the transgression of God's law and breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments *1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Romans 7:7 and not believing and following what Gods' Word says *Romans 14:23. God's Word does not teach lawlessness (without law or no law).

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus will return very soon. This will be true 10,000 years from now as well.
Carefully read these scriptures if you are not aware of them...

2 Peter 3:3-4 [3], Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, [4], And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

1 Thessalonians 5:[2], For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.[3], For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail on a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know I once visited a friend and his wife they wanted to ask me about something I believed. So before we started he goes in the back and brings out all this books. I had this thought to ask who wrote all those? Mormons he answered back. Everything he believed he also backed up only by scripture. So for me no offense "according to the scriptures" means exactly what? Just two believers can quote the same scriptures and not believe the same thing. You must know this right? Its not my word to tell any one what GODS word really says. I say spread the good news.. as He told us to. See Hes real. He by the sweet sweet holy Spirit leads He guides. What Christ has started He will finish.

OT NT theres a difference. Matt-John when Christ walked here they all were still under the law. The word SPIRIT should means something today. Anyway.. no clue about these lies .. really I don't it seems they are something you personally disagree with yet.. others kindly spoken up and..well seems yours just sharing what you personally believe. thank you for that :)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You know I once visited a friend and his wife they wanted to ask me about something I believed. So before we started he goes in the back and brings out all this books. I had this thought to ask who wrote all those? Mormons he answered back. Everything he believed he also backed up only by scripture. So for me no offense "according to the scriptures" means exactly what? Just two believers can quote the same scriptures and not believe the same thing. You must know this right? Its not my word to tell any one what GODS word really says. I say spread the good news.. as He told us to. See Hes real. He by the sweet sweet holy Spirit leads He guides. What Christ has started He will finish.

OT NT theres a difference. Matt-John when Christ walked here they all were still under the law. The word SPIRIT should means something today. Anyway.. no clue about these lies .. really I don't it seems they are something you personally disagree with yet.. others kindly spoken up and..well seems yours just sharing what you personally believe. thank you for that :)

Hello Blade nice to see you.

No offense taken. I would like to also tell you a story which is a part of my personal testimony of how I came to know Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior of my sins. I remember reading one day as prospective new Christian in a bible at home before attending any Church some scripture from Jesus that says that in the last days, there will be many false prophets and false Christs showing great signs and wonders so that if it were possible they shall deceive God's very elect in Matthew 24:24.

Just before reading this scripture I was thinking about going out and joining a Church to fellowship with other believers to learn more about God and Jesus because I was only very new to God's Word and to the faith. When I read these scriptures at the time I remember it was just like God was speaking to me and warning me, saying how are you going to know who what the right Church is? I saw at the time in these scriptures that these false Christs (representing what the Church believes and follows as Christ the Word being the head) and prophets (false messengers of God) can mean any Church that has a false message from God that is able to deceive Gods' very elect. When I was thinking about these scriptures they troubled me. I remember thinking to myself and being troubled in my mind praying to God, how Lord am I not going to be deceived? I do not even know your Word. I looked out and saw what I thought at the time to be 100's of Christian Church's all professing to be the only true Church's and the chosen ones of God. I thought to myself obviously not all of them could be right. I saw another view in my mind of the fulfillment of Matthew 24:24 as these false prophets and Christs representing false Christianity that will deceive if possible Gods' very elect.

Troubled in mind I did not go out at this time but prayed to God telling him I did not know what I should do and that there is no way in the world that I could ever find who His true Church was not ever realizing at the time there is over 40,000 different variations of the Christian religion today according to some censuses. Well to cut a long story short. I did not find the truth of God's Word through any Church. Instead of going out to find a Church I prayed about it and in distress of mind not knowing what to do continued seeking God through His Word. As I continued reading Gods' word I came across scriptures that would fill my heart with hope, like "You shall seek me, and find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:13. I knew I had to seek God through His Word and prayer. As I continued doing this God revealed more of His Word to me telling me not to worry by saying to me through His Words; "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself." - John 7:17 and again; "I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come." - John 16:12-13 and again; "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you." - John 14:26 (see also 1 John 2:27; Hebrews 8:11).

Right then and there, as I came across these scriptures in my stress of thinking there is no way I can ever know the truth of Gods' Word, I felt perfect peace in God's promises and it was just like God was talking to me personally and knowing how I was feeling saying to me Don't worry I will teach you my truth if you want to know it. These promises of course are all conditional on continuing in Gods' Word and believing and following what His Word says according to John 8:31-36; James 2:13-26. So this is what I did I continued seeking God through His Word claiming Gods' promises that he will be my guide and teacher and resting in His promises to me and praying that God would be my guide and teacher before going to any Church.

This is a part of my personal testimony on how I came to know Jesus. It was through His Word and prayer and trusting in His promises that God taught me the truth of His Word. My message to you here is that just because someone may not know the truth of God's Word it does not mean that God cannot teach us the truth of His Word for all those who turn away from the teachings and traditions of men and seek Him for themselves through His Word. You see my friend you will not find in any of my posts that I am telling you or anyone here to go out and join any Church. That would be the very opposite of what my message is here at CF. My message from the scriptures is that God has His people already in every Church *John 10:16 who are living up to all the knowledge that God has revealed to them. He loves us all but the hour is coming and now is that His true worshipers will worship Him in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth *John 4:23-24.

God is calling us all no matter where we are to come out from following man-made teachings and traditions back to worship Him in Spirit and in truth through His Word (see John 17:17). God is calling us all back to His Word so that he can reveal Himself to us and use us in helping the world prepare for His soon return. God is calling us now to return to His Word. It is time to unlearn the lies we have all been taught from Sunday school and find Jesus for ourselves through His Word. If we are Gods' sheep according to the scriptures, we will hear His voice (the Word) and follow Him. Those who do not hear His voice will not follow because they are not His Sheep *John 10:26-27. Many are called but only the few will be chosen - Matthew 22:14. The few that are chosen are all those who hear His voice (the Word) and follow it

God bless :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Hi Blade,

I know this was not directed to me, but I do believe we can find absolute Truth in scripture if one is seeking to put away all personal bias and seeking to do the will of God wherever the scriptures lead. This is one of the promises of the scriptures. John 16:13, John 14:17, John 16:13 For every Truth, the devil has made a counterfeit and the devil has deceived the whole world. One of the most clever deceptions is the false teaching that we do not need to keep the commandments of God, written by God's own finger which includes the Sabbath commandment that God told us to remember, but the devil has trained everyone to "forget" the opposite of what God said, just like in the gardened of Eden.

The Spirit is given to those who obey God's commandments so another false teaching that has been handed down is that the Spirit will lead us to not keep the commandments of God which you will not find that in scripture, but the opposite, just like in the garden of Eden.

1 John 3:24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Acts 5:32 And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

There is no commandment in the entire bible about Sunday-keeping. This is a tradition of man, but there is a commandment about Sabbath-keeping written by the finger of God and God told us to "remember" the Sabbath day to keep it holy. Exodus 20:8. Who do you think really wants us to forget God's holy day? Jesus addressed this issue of keeping traditions over the commandments of God quoting right from the Ten and said those who keep traditions over the commandments of God worship in vain. Matthew 15:3-9, Mark 7:6-8. Most people have harden their hearts to God's Truth because it doesn't fit their lifestyle or they go along with the majority and ignore God's Words which in my opinion is not one of those hard-to-understand scriptures.

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. Once God blesses something man canot reverse no matter how hard they try. Numbers 23:20

The Sabbath is a perpetual covenant and a sign between God and His people and how we are sanctified. Exodus 31:16-17, Ezekiel 20:12 Ezekiel 20:20

The Sabbath will continue to be the chosen day of worship for the Lord for eternity on the New Heaven and New Earth. Isaiah 66:22-23

God's will for us is not different in Heaven as it is on Earth Matthew 6:10

God bless.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Not really, I have already posted and provided scripture showing that sin is defined in the bible as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments *James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7 and not believing and following what God's Word says *Romans 14:23 so no I am not skewing perception. In fact what I have written here was in the very post you were part quoting me on. So is it you that is misrepresenting what I posted and skewing perception. I was only providing God's Word showing what sin is. So what is it that you do not believe and if I am telling you the truth why do you not believe me?

Take Care.
However, the scripture also speaks of sin being "anything not of faith" (Romans 14) and not transgressing the commandments is summed up by "not harming your neighbor" and "loving your neighbor as yourself" (Romans 13)

Sin is also disassociated as an entity in the same letter (Romans 7) in that Paul states "it is no longer I who sin but the sin within me that sins"

So the idea that it is transgressing a list of offenses is dimensionally lacking in definition.

Not providing all of the information in favor of a bias, is what skewing is.

• Useful
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Carefully read these scriptures if you are not aware of them...

2 Peter 3:3-4 [3], Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, [4], And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

1 Thessalonians 5:[2], For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.[3], For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail on a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Paul advised people not to get married because there would be a lot of disruption of their families when Jesus returned. It would be very hard on pregnant women.
1 Thessalonians 4:13–5:11

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.