St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am from this area and have participated in some of the peaceful protesting. It appears as though the indictment decision is coming down very soon. My heart is heavy and my soul is weary.

Regardless of opinion, a man is dead. A community is more divided. Extreme racism is no longer dormant, the kkk is present. Gun sales are through the roof and everyone is full of venom. It's palpable.

I've lost friends over this. Family had become distanced. I have a feeling everything will get much worse before healing takes place.

I haven't posted here in 4 years. I need this community now. And words or scripture you can offer now would be so appreciated.

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
The matter was reviewed before a racially mixed Grand Jury. Many people are upset without really knowing the facts. They are being manipulated by spirits. It's good not to be caught up in suspicion based on an anticipation of misbehavior.

If you're praying, you're part of the solution.

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I question whther there are any grounds to even protest. None of us were there. Most Blacks weren't there. They believe whatever their heart is inclined to believe, based on their own biases and the false statements being published in the mainstream media intended to stir up racial tension.

My concern for you and any other Christian who think their version of facts are more accurate than what was available and presented to the Grand Jury through actual eyewitness accounts and forensic analysis are in grave error.

As Christians, we ought to place a higher value on truth. Since none of us witnessed the event, protesting against a uniformed officer with a gun and a badge who was being attacked by a 6' 4", 292 Ib. man who had just robbed a liquor store before the evidence is even presented is nothing short of bearing false witness against our neighbor.

Are there occurrences of misconduct by police officers? Absolutely. Was it so in this case? Not according to what the evidence presented. Stay true and vigilant, and don't let the government and media control you. Guard your hearts, and not your biases.

John 4:24- "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

Upvote 0