✟1,356,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Corinthians 11:1-4 ESV

“I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ. But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough.”

Wow! This is happening right now among Christians within the church. And the “another Jesus” being proclaimed, which/who is being worshipped as though it/he is God, is the physical nation of Israel. And many Christians are following this deception and are even threatening the lives of other Christians who don’t follow suit. And this should not be!

2 Thessalonians 2:4 ESV:

“He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.”

Quotes from Facebook posts I read today about the nation of Israel:

Genesis 12:3: “And I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse.” Another translation: “I will bless those who bless you, but the one who disrespects you, I will utterly destroy.”

“Pray Psalm 122 over Israel.”

“Lord remember Israel, the people of your covenant. Assign your angels to protect them against their enemies.”

“Praying for the peace of Israel will directly affect your life. As a matter of fact, it will also affect your ability for peace! Don’t take this lightly when we are not praying for peace or protecting Israel!

“Pray for Israel!!! Repent on behalf of our nation that currently is destroying the peace we have with this nation and intercede in repentance prayers for those who don’t take this seriously!

“Pray for the peace of Jerusalem!
‘May they be secure who love you!’” Psalm 122:6
“That means we are secure when we love Israel!

“Israel belongs to God Himself and anyone that messes with Israel will pay big time.”​

This is speaking of Old Covenant Israel. And this is Old Covenant teaching. We, as followers of Jesus Christ, are not under the Old Covenant, and God’s people under the New Covenant are NOT the physical nation of Israel, but they are followers of Jesus Christ, the only children of promise.

These are threats, and they aren’t from God. Christians under the New Covenant are not told that they must give homage, honor, blessing and respect to the physical nation of Israel or that they will be destroyed by God.

We are not to pray for the peace of any nation which does not align with Christ unless we are praying that they find peace in God through faith in Jesus Christ.

We are not taught in the New Testament to pray for the physical peace of the physical nation of Israel, and that this will directly affect our lives. And our ability to have peace is not impacted by us praying for the nation of Israel. These are veiled threats, not from God.

Do you see what this is all about? They have made the physical nation of Israel into a god, and if we don’t worship that god, we will not have peace, and we will be destroyed, and we will pay big time, and our security is not secure if we don’t love the physical nation of Israel. This is all a lie of Satan.

According to Jesus Christ, those who deny him as their Messiah (the Christ) are the antichrist and their father is the devil, not Abraham, and not God. Jews who do not believe in Jesus Christ are no different from anyone else who does not believe in Jesus Christ. Thus, if we disrespect, dishonor, and disobey Jesus, and we go our own way, instead, we will be destroyed.

We who believe in Jesus Christ are God’s covenant people, not non-believing Jews. Thus, we are to pray for the protection of our fellow believers in Jesus Christ who are serving him with their lives. And we are to pray for the peace of those who are following Jesus Christ with their lives.

And living in disobedience to God/Jesus is the only thing that will affect our ability for peace. And we are to take God and his gospel seriously, and we are to take his warnings under the New Covenant to heart and heed them. And this has nothing to do with paying homage to physical Israel.

And we are not to repent on behalf of our own nation, whatever that nation may be, for not being at peace with physical Israel. We are to repent of immorality, adultery, slander, murder, incest, lying, cheating and all willful and habitual disobedience to Christ, our Lord.

Our security is not dependent on us loving the physical nation of Israel, but it is dependent on us loving and obeying God. And if we contend with God, and we refuse him, and we continue living in our sins, we will pay big time!

So, what they are doing here is putting the nation of Israel in place of Almighty God (in place of Jesus Christ) and they are teaching that our peace and our security are dependent on us paying homage to and loving the physical nation of Israel. But they, as a nation, are not God’s covenant people. They, as a nation, are of Hagar, the slave woman. And they are not God, or of God, unless they believe in Jesus Christ as their Messiah.

So, don’t be threatened by their threats. And don’t give them the place of God in your hearts. What this sounds like is the antichrist, and we do need to take that seriously.

See also: Who, then, is Israel?

Oh, to Be Like Thee, Blessed Redeemer

Lyrics by Thomas O. Chisholm, 1897
Music by W. J. Kirkpatrick, 1897

Oh, to be like Thee! blessèd Redeemer,
This is my constant longing and prayer;
Gladly I’ll forfeit all of earth’s treasures,
Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear.

Oh, to be like Thee! full of compassion,
Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting,
Seeking the wandering sinner to find.