London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kanye is an interesting case. No idea what to think of the guy. I'm a cynic by nature, so I automatically assume that the move to Christianity was done out of self-interest. That said, I can't really think how it really benefits him materially.
As a personality.... well, I wouldn't teach my kids to emulate him. As an artist, he's innovative. Not my bag. I thought College Dropout was off the charts when it came out, but it hasn't aged with me.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I didn’t listen to his music. I became aware of the weekly service through the album. Water was the first track I heard and it hit home. I listened to others and recognized the influences. Including the samples. He’s from Chicago. We’re close in age. He brought me back to my roots and for that I’m thankful.

On a practical level he’s one of a kind. You won’t experience the same in your local church. He’s operating in a level of gifting beyond the norm. Whether you like his music or not. He knows how to reach his audience. That’s half the battle.

He made a comment I never forgot. “The devil took all the producers, the musicians, the designers. He moved us all out to Hollywood, moved us all out to New York. Chasing gold statues. Literally signing a contract and selling our souls.”

He’s right. The most talented in the room is rarely a believer. Nor is the hardest worker or the person with the best mindset. As someone who loves the grind the truth was hard to accept. I want to run and scale while others are content with talking.

In a roundabout way he helped me make peace with my calling and the necessity of going all-in. I realized I had a lot in common with the people I’m meant to serve. I brought my family on board and we’re on the same page.

Spiritually speaking, my heart grieves for him. I wish he was unencumbered and safe. He’s needed elsewhere.

Upvote 0