• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Thoughts on Defining My Sexuality

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This world has a way of confusing a lot of us sometimes. I have been wondering for years about what my "sexual orientation" is because of a lot of confusion in my life, but I think that I can safely say that my "sexual orientation" doesn't actually matter. I think that maybe that's a worldly sort of thought, at least in my case. The point, however, is that no matter what my attractions could be, God has set out certain rules and regulations that are to be obeyed by us. Whether I am heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual, it doesn't actually matter because, at the end of the day, I believe that God commands that only one man and one woman are to be together in the union of matrimony. So anything else that isn't that is something that I can just toss out the window. It doesn't have to be something that I struggle with.

This is just a matter of my own perspective. I know that for others things might not be this clear-cut or "easy", but for me, I think that maybe it's okay if I don't explicitly define my sexuality. In the end, GOD defines my sexuality, not me.

Reactions: dms1972

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
She was a pioneer in ministry for personal wholeness. Her early books such as The Broken Image addressed christian spiritual formation and sexual identity from a healing prayer perspective. Some of her other books are The Healing Presence and Restoring the Christian Soul.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just thought i'd mention them, in case there might be something there to help you at this point in your christian life. There was this quote in her book The Broken Image : "Sexuality and sexual behaviour are dimensions of humaness, but they do not constitute a person as a human being." (from Bishop Bennett J Sims). She also writes about the true feminine, true masculine, and how they are to be balanced in the psychic make up of each individual. Her thought is similiar in some respects to that of Karl Stern, and CS Lewis.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The worlds life is all about sex, sex, sex. Sexuality can be defined by attraction. But Gods says what is right and what is wrong on this topic. But do you think peoples sex drive is so strong that they can be so moved as to change their bodies? Confusion I think would dull the sense of it. I hope you are not living with a strong sex drive that you can’t fulfill. Ya know?

Upvote 0