findinghope06

Child of the Risen Lord
May 17, 2005
✟16,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
ok i recently met a guy about 3 weeks ago. we started talking the day we met but nothing more than friendly conversations. well basically he has become a great friend to me and i care about him a lot. i recently found out that he cares about me the same way. he is an amazing, God-loving guy (and also catholic...which is awesome) and he has the same set of beliefs that i do when it comes to just about anything, especially w/ seeing someone (courting). so we recently told each other our feelings and decided that we both liked each other and that we really have been courting for a while. we have grown very comfortable w/ each other in the past few weeks and he has become one of my closest friends.

i just was wondering if you guys had any advice on how to maintain the friendship in this and not let temptation hinder our courtship. he also lives 6 hrs from me, so if any of you have gone through a long distance courtship, how did you make it work? we have already set some guidlines too just so we are both clear about certain things as well. any guidance or prayers would be awesome! thank you!!

God bless each of you and continue to live for Him

Pope Gonzo

Jul 14, 2003
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟16,540.00
Faith
Christian
When you say courtship, do you mean dating, but just without saying dating?

One big help in my relationship is praying together. Yes, we read the Bible together sometimes, but the prayer really keeps our relationship God-centered. And don't be afraid of the I'm-so-ashamed prayers. If you messed up and crossed your boundaries, God doesn't want you to wallow in your guilt. He wants to talk to you about it :)

Upvote 0

findinghope06

Child of the Risen Lord
May 17, 2005
✟16,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pope Gonzo said:
When you say courtship, do you mean dating, but just without saying dating?

One big help in my relationship is praying together. Yes, we read the Bible together sometimes, but the prayer really keeps our relationship God-centered. And don't be afraid of the I'm-so-ashamed prayers. If you messed up and crossed your boundaries, God doesn't want you to wallow in your guilt. He wants to talk to you about it :)

well we are "dating" but we dont have labels and we are taking things very slow! very very slow! i dont like the term dating. lol

anyways thanks for your advice. Bless you!

Upvote 0