Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Um, my wife and I watched a movie about drones...some guy was raping a Muslim woman in her yard all the time over in Iraq or someplace..the American dude locked himself in the control room and used drone to take dude out..saved her from rape..
answer is yes

So some wars are good. I agree. The strong must act to protect the weak from the evil.

Reactions: Starcrystal
Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No I am not..people of all religions have killed. I am not discriminating, nor am I anti Catholic...

Your opinions the inqusitional courts are clouded by anti Catholic propaganda. Perhaps you are not anti Catholic, but you don't know the full truth about this issue.

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your opinions the inqusitional courts are clouded by anti Catholic propaganda. Perhaps you are not anti Catholic, but you don't know the full truth about this issue.

It doesnt matter..just love everyone..thats what Jesus said to do..no war, no propaganda..forget the past

Philippians 3:13 - 14

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Reactions: J Cord
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Naw, don't move the goalposts.

This is what we're discussing:

Christianity has similar atrocities. Is it also a so-called religion that doesn't deserve free speech protections?
No moving the goal post on my part.
The only Christianity I know is the one that I experience. My experiences have so far have been very positive, experiences with pseudo-Christians notwithstanding.
If your experience of Christianity is different, I suggest that it is time for a change.
And there are many resources right here, right now that would be able to help you with that change from a Christianity filled with atrocities.

'Raping for Jesus' is simply not a group that I would recommend belonging to.

You know, if someone ever did advocate raping for Jesus, Yahoo, God is GREAT! and all, I would suggest that you punch them in the mouth.
So what if the Constitution abides by their right to advocate whatever they heck they want to, and does not advise punching them in the mouth?!! Most men would be able to live with themselves a lot easier even if it means doing the time, and not having to put up with that kind of atrocious behavior.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You know it was just today that someone was making the claim that the rise of the Religious Right was all about racism. Having lived through that rise, watching Jerry Falwell and Lary Flyn to go at it in the wake of the Sexual revolution, it was pretty easy to call that hand as BS.
I can't say that I could do the same with anything that happened in the Middle Ages. For all we know, the history books have all been written with the same factual accuracy as the guys going around here avowing that the rise of the Religious Right was all about racism.

I can only say that I have not now, nor have ever witnessed or experienced the use of thumbnails in any of the parishes that I have attended. My experience of Catholicism is not like that.
And believe me, it is not because I am either sinless, or even a remarkably good and devout Catholic. I can imagine that there would be scads of Catholics actually, who fantasize about bringing out the thumbnails and the rack to deal with me, but in the end, nary a one would actually ever do such a thing, especially not in the name of Jesus.

But if my experience was like that, that would be a pretty good reason to become a Nazarene, or a Mennonite, or pretty much anything else, other than Catholic.

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having lived through that rise, watching Jerry Falwell and Lary Flyn to go at it in the wake of the Sexual revolution,

Jerry Falwell is dead..if we wanna go into televagelists how about Pat Robertson when he was running for president...700 club circa 1987...
"I can envision a Holy Spirit filled police force that will arrest someone before they commit a crime.."

Dude actually said that on 700 club..you cannot find it online..me and many others watched and saw it..it has been completely destroyed..Pat said that..i watched him say it, so did many of my friends.. I think this movie exposed him though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minority_Report_(film)

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
As far as I know, Jerry Falwell is dead. His influence died long before he did.

There was a big chunk of my life though where he was alive and kicking, face planted squarely up the butt of a donkey in Larry Flynt's Hustler magazine.
On the other hand, Torquemada has not been a part of the history of any Catholic that I have ever met, even the ones who were very old when I was very young.

Since people are even now snowing us on what the rise of the Religious Right was all about, I will take anything that anyone has to say about the Medeival ages with a grain of salt, or even a teaspoon or two.
At any rate, thumb screws are not a part of my Christian experience. When they become a part of yours, I suggest that you find a new group of people to pray with.

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There was a big chunk of my life though where he was alive and kicking, face planted squarely up the butt of a donkey in Larry Flynt's Hustler magazine.
On the other hand, Torquemada has not been a part of the history of any Catholic that I have ever met, even the ones who were very old when I was very young.

Since people are even now snowing us on what the rise of the Religious Right was all about, I will take anything that anyone has to say about the Medeival ages with a grain of salt, or even a teaspoon or two.
At any rate, thumb screws are not a part of my Christian experience. When they become a part of yours, I suggest that you find a new group of people to pray with.

----

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Another sheep in wolves clothing? Cool..I spotted your avatar..I know, Fox..same thing..Do you know I fed a Fox in 1982 in the woods..poor thing, wanted chicken and hot dogs ..2 nights in a row

from our campfire.. at 4 am
WOLF.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"he should fix that stupid law to say Muslims cannot evangelize, and Christians can"
so much for religious freedom....
I remember a day when Mohamed Ali came to my high school auditorium for a basket ball game (when my girls were attending there) and passed out islamic tracts. Both my pastor and I protested to the school board (me via a signed petition) saying that if Ali got to pass out tracts for islam, we should be allowed to pass out christian literature.

No deal.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It doesnt matter..just love everyone..thats what Jesus said to do..no war, no propaganda..forget the past
But what about this:

2 Cor 10.3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

We are constantly at war.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No moving the goal post on my part.
The only Christianity I know is the one that I experience. My experiences have so far have been very positive, experiences with pseudo-Christians notwithstanding.
If your experience of Christianity is different, I suggest that it is time for a change.
And there are many resources right here, right now that would be able to help you with that change from a Christianity filled with atrocities.

'Raping for Jesus' is simply not a group that I would recommend belonging to.

You know, if someone ever did advocate raping for Jesus, Yahoo, God is GREAT! and all, I would suggest that you punch them in the mouth.
So what if the Constitution abides by their right to advocate whatever they heck they want to, and does not advise punching them in the mouth?!! Most men would be able to live with themselves a lot easier even if it means doing the time, and not having to put up with that kind of atrocious behavior.

According to Google, "raping for Jesus" has never appeared on this messageboard except for in your post. So congrats on your groundbreaking. I guess.

Whenever you're ready to get back to discussing what somebody here actually said, let me know.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
how about Pat Robertson when he was running for president...700 club circa 1987...
"I can envision a Holy Spirit filled police force that will arrest someone before they commit a crime.."

Dude actually said that on 700 club..you cannot find it online..
That would entail a complete re-working of the legal system to be able to arrest someone BEFORE the crime.

But having people with that degree of prophetic unction is going to be required before too long, IMO.

Like Trump, Robertson liked to shoot his mouth off, and sometimes got away with it. His staff would sometimes go back and edit out the most outrageous stuff; but since the show was carried live, that only worked for the re-runs.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Jerry Falwell is dead..if we wanna go into televagelists how about Pat Robertson when he was running for president...700 club circa 1987...

Dude actually said that on 700 club..you cannot find it online..me and many others watched and saw it..it has been completely destroyed..Pat said that..i watched him say it, so did many of my friends.. I think this movie exposed him though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minority_Report_(film)

My favourite was Oral Roberts. IIRC, a 600 foot Jesus appeared to him, and threatened to kill him if his supporters didn't send him their money. A classic "SMH" moment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
According to Google, "raping for Jesus" has never appeared on this messageboard except for in your post. So congrats on your groundbreaking. I guess.

Whenever you're ready to get back to discussing what somebody here actually said, let me know.

Well, raping for Jesus certainly has not been MY experience of Christianity either. :)

It is good that you are fact finding to in order to make the apt comparisons between Christianity and Islam.
Now look up jihad rape on Google and get back to me on what your research discovers on that.

Let's compare the atrocities, since that is the topic being raised here about Christianity.

or to quote... "Consider the atrocities done in the name of Christianity."...

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Another sheep in wolves clothing? Cool..I spotted your avatar..I know, Fox..same thing..Do you know I fed a Fox in 1982 in the woods..poor thing, wanted chicken and hot dogs ..2 nights in a row

from our campfire.. at 4 amView attachment 180574
Foxes tend not to go for the jugular though.
Wolves on the other hand have mainly gotten a bad rap from humans, since they do mostly avoid humans in real life.
Although I am sure sheep have enough to fear from them, with or without being disguised as a sheep.
My hats off to any wolf who does take it upon himself to disguise himself as a sheep in real life though. It is a pretty graphic metaphor in the purely literary sense, but if any wolf ever did engage in that behavior in real life, it would be hard not to respect a wolf that would go to those lengths for a rack of lamb. ;)

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, raping for Jesus certainly has not been MY experience of Christianity either. :)

It is good that you are fact finding to in order to make the apt comparisons between Christianity and Islam.
Now look up jihad rape on Google and get back to me on what your research discovers on that.

Let's compare the atrocities, since that is the topic being raised here about Christianity.

or to quote... "Consider the atrocities done in the name of Christianity."...

You're the one trying to make comparisons. Islam is a valid religion, and it is (and should be) covered by the exact same constitutional protections and legal limitations as Christianity.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Upvote 0