• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

this looks like a great place...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbits47

May 16, 2009
✟15,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I came here a few days ago while feeling very low on myself and my inappropriate content addiction. I read some posts and they really helped my soul. I have been struggling with inappropriate content for about two years now. I have been looking at some form or another since I was old enough to know what to do with it. It wasn't until I moved out on my own that it became a serious problem. I have been lucky enough that it has not completely ruined my life but I feel it still has the potential to. I have at times spent several hours in my routine, only to finish and wallow in guilt. It has affected my life in ways it should never have. I feel weak in its power.

Occurring almost simultaneously with this addicting has been a search for faith. I have begun to find it, but my analytical mind and stubborn adherence has made its influence minimal. I met someone who I honestly feel was sent from God to show me his love, and I have found it, but I am far from deserving. I feel his love, I search for it, I ask for forgiveness, yet I still crumble in the face of sin, complete and total failure in my ability to be strong. I know what I want, I know what He wants, I struggle daily to give it to him. Hopefully this will be a place I can come when the urge hits me to sin, and instead share love.

I hope this forum is active, I need your help. I need His help.

graeme72

Apr 13, 2009
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hey
i know what you mean about having an "analytical mind" that interferes with faith - it's annoying isn't it! but God knows your mind, your tendencies, your history, everything, and loves you where you are right now.
don't be too hard on yourself - if inappropriate content has been an issue for years, it can take some time to change. thankfully we have a merciful God who walks with us and helps us change, and doesn't require us to be perfect before he loves us. although you're 100% forgiven now, straightening out the bad habits can often take time.

thank God for the person He has sent you! stay in touch with them, with other Christians, this forum, your church, wherever, with people who can walk with you.

keep posting
Graeme

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
:hug:
Welcome, brother.
I am glad that you have found us:)
You might also find support in the men's inappropriate contentography addiction forum.

It is wonderful that you have come to God, and that you want to serve Him. That is an incredible thing... and admitting your addiction and your need to overcome it is a huge first step.
You don't deserve God's love and grace... but, neither do any of us. And yet, He still loves us, hugely and unconditionally. And when we fall, He doesn't stop loving us.. He picks us up, cleans us off, and gives us the strength to carry on.
You are incredibly precious to Him.. and nothing you do or don't do will change that.

Praying for you :hug:

Upvote 0

lbits47

May 16, 2009
✟15,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thank you both. The past few days have been rough, but I feel better, i feel strength and I feel love. Even though i still do it, I can feel the beginnings of the end.

With that in mind, I almost feel like I am taking advantage of forgiveness. I know I will be forgiven for my sins, so when i do it knowing I will be forgiven, it is almost a double whammy. How do you deal with this?

Upvote 0
U

UnitynLove

Focus on Scriptures that deal with sexual immorality and sexual sin then when ever you are tempted speak those scriptures out loud as Jesus did when he was tempted. Remember what Jesus did every time he was tempted, he said "It is written" also check out this quote by Joyce Meyer:

When you are struggling with problems/troubles you need to get your eyes off of your weakness/habit and get your mind on God. The bible says: "Walk in the spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh." What does that mean: Read the bible more, listen to good music, praising and worshipping God, less time worrying, less time trying to figure out your problems, less time struggling, less time being afraid that if you don't overcome this God will reject you and more time just Hanging on the vine. Guess what? God will give you the strength to overcome that weakness and that flaw. If you are struggling with something you don't need to put more effort in it you need to spend more time with God, you don't need to call up four friends ask them what to do you need to spend more time with God. - Joyce Meyer

Upvote 0

faithful follower

Sharing our Journey
Dec 10, 2008
United States
✟29,484.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The responses already given are all great. I just want to add that shame does not come from our heavenly Father. When we are struggling with a sinful behavior, the Father lovingly beckons us to come closer to Him. He does not get angry with us or disown us. He loves us. He wants us to overcome the flesh through Him. If we could do it ourselves, we wouldn't need Him. He loves you. He loves you the some no matter what you are doing at the time. Pray, come to the forum and write and read and find encouragement, draw close to God.

I am praying for you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.