This Just in:Dolly Madison out of touch with Americans

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You are correct: Dolly Madison WAS out of touch with pioneer women just as Rachel Jackson was out of touch with Eastern society women.

I love this "out of touch" vagueness. Do you think Obama, for example, is more "in touch" with tobacco farmers than Dolly Madison was with hog sloppers?

Question: was Dolly Madison ever touted as James' main adviser on women's affairs?

I doubt it. Why would you ask that? Was Ann Romney ever touted as Romney's main adviser on women's affairs?

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
But since she never said she spoke for most women, why would you type such an irrelevant opinion?
Romney claims that she is his advisor on what's important to women. Apperanty, Mitt thinks she's speaks for most women, and, apparently, Ann doesn't correct him.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love this "out of touch" vagueness.
Of course you do. Isn't that why you chose it?

I doubt it. Why would you ask that? Was Ann Romney ever touted as Romney's main adviser on women's affairs?
You've already backtracked made excuses on this one. The criticism wasn't on Ann Romney, it was on Mitt. It was gratuitous, sure, as many men do consult their wives. To hear Nancy tell it, she was far, far more involved with White House matters than Hillary ever claimed to be.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Said "point" apparently being something that cannot be explained, other than calling it a "point."

Ann Romney did not work a job as well as be a mother. She therefore lacks a firm understanding of what it is like for working mothers.

Was that really hard to grasp from the statement?

Upvote 0

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Of course you do. Isn't that why you chose it?

No, I'm not a vague guy. I elaborate. If I were to use the phrase "out of touch," at least I'd try to give an example, or at a minimum explain what being in touch would entail in this particular case.

You've already backtracked made excuses on this one.
There you go, being vague again. Tell me:

(1). What excuses you think you're seeing coming from me, since I can't recall anything in this thread that requires excusing, and

(2). What "backtracking" you're talking about.

The criticism wasn't on Ann Romney,
Not true. It was my OP and I was talking about Hilary Rosen's criticism of Ann Romney.

Upvote 0

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ann Romney did not work a job as well as be a mother. She therefore lacks a firm understanding of what it is like for working mothers.

Why would anyone have a hard time grasping that? Were you somehow struggling with it? Anyway, if anyone knows why Jackie Kennedy never got that sort of criticism, let me know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why would anyone have a hard time grasping that? Were you somehow struggling with it? Anyway, if anyone knows why Jackie Kennedy never got that sort of criticism, let me know.

Probably because there still was a large gender gap in the workforce, and the vast majority of mothers didn't work, or even have to?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There weren't 24/7 news channels back then. :wave:
tulc(have to fill those hours with something) :)

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Even if you look at Ann Romney as a house wife she lacks a firm understanding of what an average house wife expereriences as she's had help in the form of nannies and housekeepers.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
First of all no one is criticing Ann Romney. Second, did JFK ever claim that he relied on Jackie to determine what's important to average women?

Upvote 0

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There weren't 24/7 news channels back then. :wave:
tulc(have to fill those hours with something) :)

I see. The increase in news media means that today's stay-at-home Moms are more out of touch with women than stay-at-home Moms in the early '60's, and therefore Jackie Kennedy is not as open to the charge of being out-of-touch as Ann Romney is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Even if you look at Ann Romney as a house wife she lacks a firm understanding of what an average house wife expereriences as she's had help in the form of nannies and housekeepers.

Why would she need that understanding in the White House? It's not like she'll be vaccuuming the Blue Room carpets and dusting the furniture in the Oval Office.

Upvote 0

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
First of all no one is criticing Ann Romney.

??? So you're not even aware of what the OP was referring to?

Second, did JFK ever claim that he relied on Jackie to determine what's important to average women?

I wouldn't know. If he was a normal husband, I'd think so. Any man who does not value his wife's opinion on matters primarily of the opposite gender is probably a fool, unless he thinks his wife is.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
That's right anything that is politically damning to the DNC is "totally not news".

Both parties do politically damning things all the time.

But that's irrelevant, because this isn't politically damning for the Democratic Party.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
True, BUT women who chose to stay at home having never worked for a living should not be held up as examples of what women who do work to support their families want and need.

This is true. I agree with you there.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
??? So you're not even aware of what the OP was referring to?
I'm well aware that the OP is referring to.

I wouldn't know. If he was a normal husband, I'd think so. Any man who does not value his wife's opinion on matters primarily of the opposite gender is probably a fool, unless he thinks his wife is.
Why would any man take his wife's opinion as anything other than that of women of a similar socio-economic status. Romney's wife's opinion on women's issues only relates to women in multimillionaire households. In the same way my wife opinion on women's issues only related to upper middle class women. And so on.

Upvote 0