This is why they see us as a joke...

Shave his beard by force?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So, if "everyone knows" he's guilty, why even bother with a trial? Just rally the lynch mob and be done with it already.

I mean seriously, the Constitution -- who needs it?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And you don't undestand rules of conduct in a military court.

Were you a JAG officer or legal assistant?

Or did you wind up on the bad side of a Court Martial or Captain's Mast?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟919,868.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the 1st covers terrorists wanting to use their beard as a ploy to delay the trial and get aquitted.

You think you have standing to second guess a military judge? A military judge who recused himself because people felt that he had too much animosity towards the defendant?

And if you think growing a beard is a ploy then how about we just let him keep the beard and get on with the trial?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's against military code for him to have a beard, and makes it harder for him to be identified by eye-witnesses. It's a ploy to get himself off that shouldn't be allowed.

Really? Beards are covered by the UCMJ? Silly me, I just remember it being an Army regulation and one which some soldiers could get profiles for if they have trouble with ingrown hairs.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
...we are being laughed at because we can't see how silly it is.
We're being laughed at because we're spending months fighting over whether to let a terrorist keep his beard. I say shave it, and waterboard him. Lets see what he knows.

Again, who is laughing at us?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'd like to them forcably shave him, and accidentally slit his throat while he's struggling.

Oh, that's right, you're not a big fan of due process.

Because I pay attention to things. Who else would oppose his being shaven except for muslims?

Erratic behavior by accused criminals in court cases is handled by removing them from the court, not by forcibly causing them to stop acting out.
Brian David Mitchell turned the court into a circus during the Elizabeth Smart trial.
Elizabeth Smart kidnapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Despite all that, he was found guilty and punished in accordance with the law, not base anger or a desire for vengance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't think the 1st covers terrorists wanting to use their beard as a ploy to delay the trial and get aquitted.

How would his antics delaying the trial lead to an acquittal?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He's not crazy. He a radical Islamist. Waterboarding him, in addition to giving him some justice, might yield some reward.
Fair enough. But still, the only people that have a problem with this lunatic being forably shaven is bleeding heart, politically correct liberals.
Huh. I always thought that "lunatic" was synonymous with "crazy". Also, "crazy" and "radical Islamist" are not mutually exclusive.

Waterboarding him, in addition to giving him some justice, might yield some reward.
Eh, sadistic torture is its own reward.

Upvote 0
M

muslimsoldier4life

Silly me, I just remember it being an Army regulation and one which some soldiers could get profiles for if they have trouble with ingrown hairs.
Unless you're an officer who is either a Muslim Doctor or Chaplain, or a Sikh with the same MOS'. Or possibly a psycho Psychologist who declares Jihad on all those who do not look Arab.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Unless you're an officer who is either a Muslim Doctor or Chaplain, or a Sikh with the same MOS'.

I just learned about Spc. Simranpreet Lamba a few months ago.
Sikh Soldier answers lifelong calling to serve | Article | The United States Army

Or possibly a psycho Psychologist who declares Jihad on all those who do not look Arab.

I was going to note that his job now is prisoner, but there actually is an officer MOS that would cover him.
- 00C Relieved from Duty; Sick in Hospital or Quarters

Upvote 0