This is what happens when bigotry dominates the main conservative media platform

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is not a liberal problem but a human one. Conservatives are just as likely to have blind spots and struggle to solve the problems they encounter. Most problems are not political.

In my county this is a ideological problem.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's a political problem in Madison, WI where OWG lives.

Not political, as neither party when in power has solved it. It's ideological, and economic.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Correlation is not necessarily causation, but the educated are more likely to know what reality is like than the ignorant. They can read and study and base their decisions and preferences on reality instead of just making things up or relying on "common sense." Maybe that's why they become more liberal.

When are they going to start making these great decisions? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
It proves "paralysis by analysis" is true for one thing.
I fully disagree. Modern life has only progressed by higher education and expertise. Pointing to outlier examples where educated people struggled to solve a problem is not compelling evidence. We have no better hope for a better world than education and learning.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟31,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The more education a person gets the more liberal they become.

I have heard that. I don't think the causation you are inferring, however is the correct one.

Ya know, after 12 years of primary through high school and an additional 11 years in undergraduate and two graduate degrees I didn't see a lot of "bias" per se in the classroom. It could be that I was insulated mostly in science classes, but I generally think this fear Conservatives have of some liberal "re-education camp" in the form of our education system is probably as overblown as their fear that Obama was a secret Muslim born in Kenya.

What I've seen in my many years is the systematic denigration of education and expertise by the Right as some sort of "liberal elite" concept, so now we've ended up being the richest most powerful nation on earth with one of the worst performances in response to the COVID pandemic and we are quickly giving up leadership roles in important topics like climate change. All because we've largely abandoned education and no longer value expertise.

We are quickly becoming a nation of people who sit in an arm chair telling other people what their problems are without actually reading, investigating or trying to understand.

And then we voted to elect the avatar of these anti-values to become our President.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Sure--we all have those. But what does that prove?
That wicked educated elite Liberals are trying to thwart the efforts of good old common sense conservatives to end weed pollution in the Yahara Lakes.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
That wicked educated elite Liberals are trying to thwart the efforts of good old common sense conservatives to end weed pollution in the Yahara Lakes.
Its hard to take your analysis seriously when you use words like "wicked."

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟734,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I guess--it's hard to tell what a person on this forum might think.

Well, given Speedwell's track record and stated views, it's pretty safe to say.

But yes, it's difficult to read snark and sarcasm on a discussion forum, hence Poe's Law.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Caliban
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟214,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, just no.

The black community goes with the Democrats because the current Democrats deliver some rights and some help to the blacks. The GOP has stopped doing that, and under Trump, they are trying to take back rights given to blacks.

The reason blacks vote left is that the right doesn't give them anything. The black community does lean conservative, but because the right keeps spitting on them they vote left.
Also because the Democratic candidate is far more likely than the Republican one to actually be black, to represent.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I fully disagree. Modern life has only progressed by higher education and expertise. Pointing to outlier examples where educated people struggled to solve a problem is not compelling evidence. We have no better hope for a better world than education and learning.

The present social crisis doesn't support your opinion.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems to me that the Dems might in fact want a race war. They have been grooming the black community for this for decades by encouraging anger in their ranks. Fortunately most are smarter than that. Of course they would have a better chance if the nation's police forces were weakened.
I saw another poster dismiss this but there is truth to this and the devil is known to deceive so as Christians i dont think conspiracy theories should be ignored, nor should they over consume us

From my own personal viewpoint the fact that there has always been some whites who have fought alongside blacks, the media doesn't push this. I do believe there is an agenda thats trying to influence blacks to believe all whites are against them and some will even say whites are inherently racist. And perhaps one could argue the whole nation is being encouraged to show anger and to shame others, and cancel others

I dont hate any blacks that hold that viewpoint, the same way i dont hate whites that are racist. I hate the racism, not the racist. Theres bad spirits trying to recruit each and every one of us. Its so easy to be misled especially in these modern times with social media, fox news, cnn, hollywood, the music industry, etc.

As a Christian i feel im obligated to have compassion for these people, not to hate them or look down on them. The Lord granted me grace in the area of racism but i have other areas where i struggle. Who am I to judge anyone? I can discern and say that racism is a sin but its important we stay away from the shame culture and avoid playing the role of God

Just one more thing, in my opinion the Republicans have just as much of a role as the Democrats in this race war

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0