✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Bushmaster said:
What the hey ever to both of you! Purify the atmosphere! Yea right.

Look my dearest Richard, listen up, like I said many times, it doesn't mean anything when you stick that "Cross" next your username. It is the thoughts and knowledge that speak for themselves. Christianity is lived by following the footsteps of those men who taught us what it was like. They taught us about Christ. I am talking about the Apostles, the very men who walked the earth with Christ. They passed down to us only but only what Christ taught. No integration of other blasphemous religions into Christ's Truth, there is a clear distinction between Christianity as a religion and blasphemous teachings, there is no OM, MOM whatsoever and OM is NOT the Alpha and the Omega... Don't let these people confuse you, you are on the right track with your observation I can tell. Keep holding on to your faith, keep it pure from the liberal attacks like these. Unfortunately you are just witnessing the by products of reformation in a politically correct world, as whatever they interpret from the Bible is their understanding and it must be true. Everyone has the right to interpret the Scriptures, so you will see many pictures like the one above, many OM arguments, or all religions are the same universalism nonsense. Turn your face away from confusion, it is devil's work. Christ is the head of the true Church, turn to Him and His church, not falsehood.

You know Bushmaster, when you bring up points like this, you almost convince me to go Orthodox (almost...). I think you're right to say that sola scriptura causes much confusion. This is not to say that I don't believe in the doctrine, but I recognize the problems that it can cause.

Upvote 0

Clark_98C

Allah'u'Abha
Mar 21, 2006
Missouri
Visit site
✟1,650.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Jerusha_Girl said:
So you're objecting to the image all together?

I'f I'm correct, a true Muslim would be offended by an image of any holy prophet.

A Muslim should be equally offended should a newspaper print cartoons of Jesus riding in the Crusades chopping of Arabian heads, as with the whole debaucle with the Mohammed cartoon.

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
arunma said:
You know Bushmaster, when you bring up points like this, you almost convince me to go Orthodox (almost...). I think you're right to say that sola scriptura causes much confusion. This is not to say that I don't believe in the doctrine, but I recognize the problems that it can cause.

Heh heh brother, you are on a good track... Of course the Orthodox Christians believe in the authority of the Scriptures and hold it high, what reformed churches are missing is the Holy Tradition (and this is not to say Holy Tradition is required to achieve salvation) and knowledge that was passed down to us. So when the church has a problem, it turns to the founders in the first century, this kind of got out of hand with the reformation as everyone was their own authority. You already knew this though I am positive. Take time and visit an Orthodox Church or come to TAW, I have been missing you there.

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Skillganon said:
2. Thou shall make no
image of God.

Of the invisible, unknown God we do not make images of. You will not see a Holy Icon of God the Father in Eastern Churches. Never! However Jesus Christ was God in flesh, He was God's image, God's incarnation, humans saw Him and they touched Him and certainly they made images of Him. Christians do not worship the image, but the person in the image. Do you carry a picture of your loved one in your wallet? Why? because you love the Kodak paper?

Upvote 0

Skillganon

Veteran
Feb 28, 2006
London
✟17,372.00
Faith
Muslim
Bushmaster said:
Of the invisible, unknown God we do not make images of. You will not see a Holy Icon of God the Father in Eastern Churches. Never! However Jesus Christ was God in flesh, He was God's image, God's incarnation, humans saw Him and they touched Him and certainly they made images of Him. Christians do not worship the image, but the person in the image. Do you carry a picture of your loved one in your wallet? Why? because you love the Kodak paper?

Whatever your desire or what ever excuse you make this still stand. Think about it.

2. Thou shall make no
image of God.

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Skillganon said:
Whatever your desire or what ever excuse you make this still stand. Think about it.

2. Thou shall make no
image of God.

That was not an excuse. That was the info passed down to us by the early Christians, it is believed that first iconographer was Saint Luke, the evangelist. Read what I wrote. I am talking about Christian history and Theology of which apparently you have no clue. Stop trying to teach Christianity to Christians in the Islamic perspective. Like you obey and hold the Ten Commandments any higher than of Muhammad's. What a joke!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyway so you don't follow any of the ten commandment?, or is it some of it you follow and the rest you commit it to the bin?

Your mockery is amuzing. Ten commandments are not applied to a Christian's life in the strict religious sense but as a guideline, as Christ also informed us of the GREATEST commandment. Incarnation of God, brought a lot of changes to the picture which you are not following unless you are a Christian of course. So I am positive that I will get a similar response like the "whatever excuse" above and we will continue to run in your circles. I shall pass...

Upvote 0
C

Catechumen

RichardT said:
Anyway, World Peace is a bad thing for sure, the bible says that in the end times there will be a one world government ( I forgot where, it says something about the whole world being in peace before his comming )..

Actually, doesn't the Bible talk about there being wars and famine and hardship as signs of the end times? Also, I don't see how having one world government has anything to do with world peace. In fact, it's my belief that with government you can't have peace, so you don't have anything to worry about there.
Also, I find it interesting that many Christians will say that they want the whole world to be Christian, but they deny that world peace is a good thing at the same time. It seems that either they are contradicting themselves, or they are admitting that Christianity doesn't bring peace.

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Catechumen said:
Actually, doesn't the Bible talk about there being wars and famine and hardship as signs of the end times? Also, I don't see how having one world government has anything to do with world peace. In fact, it's my belief that with government you can't have peace, so you don't have anything to worry about there.
Also, I find it interesting that many Christians will say that they want the whole world to be Christian, but they deny that world peace is a good thing at the same time. It seems that either they are contradicting themselves, or they are admitting that Christianity doesn't bring peace.

It is impossible for everyone to be saved, and I would not want a christian theocracy..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also, I find it interesting that many Christians will say that they want the whole world to be Christian,

One thing evangelists rather use is that Lord will come back when everyone on the globe has heard the Gospel. I don't know where they are coming up with these theories but they are pretty laughable!

Ah world peace is a great thing! I wish it was not a dream.

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But aren't all things possible with God?

Yea but you are forgetting the free will clause God threw in there. God's word only seems to be contradicting to those who are preoccupied with other nonsense rather than finding it out honestly and those who think they are smarter than anything on the face of the planet. No pun intended here. That has been my experience!

Upvote 0
C

Catechumen

Bushmaster said:
One thing evangelists rather use is that Lord will come back when everyone on the globe has heard the Gospel. I don't know where they are coming up with these theories but they are pretty laughable!

Ah world peace is a great thing! I wish it was not a dream.

I agree. I myself used to be an evangelical Christian and these theories are part of what ultimately led me to leave that belief system behind. I then became Orthodox for a while, and I see that you are currently Orthodox. :)

World peace doesn't have to be merely a dream.

Upvote 0