Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Old clip of Biden speaking about the danger Trump poses to international relations with Iran...

Trump, famously, killed Iran's best general in a direct strike....removing one of our most dangerous enemies in that region. The resulting counter strike from Iran gave some soldiers concussions...but that's about it.

One might think Biden has a much clearer plan for dealing with Iran, who is suspected to be in part behind the October 7th attack.

Apparently, that plan involves 6 billion for some prisoners.

I don't know why our enemies are making moves during this administration. Perhaps the clear decline in Biden's mental state has emboldened them to attack our allies. Perhaps they see our military and financial commitments to the Ukraine and figured that when combined with this administration’s failure to meet even bare minimum military recruitment efforts...we're finally too weak to help our allies.

I'm glad we're finally out of Afghanistan, glad Trump had the sense to make that happen....and it's unfortunate that Biden bungled the exit so badly, but at least we aren't wasting money there anymore (and it probably shouldn't have taken so long....we should have left under Obama).

Given that war in the middle east, potentially with Iran, is now a real possibility....

Does anyone trust the guy who failed to successfully exit a war zone to succeed in avoiding a conflict or winning one?

Thoughts?

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Let me start by saying it's Iran's money. If we "freeze" it it's essentially stealing it.
So to allow Iran only to get back its own money for closely supervised humanitarian purposes is not aiding terrorism.
Is it regrettable? Yes.
But we are watching Israel kill 8,000 Palestinians, wound 21,000 (so far) and level 40% of the people's homes to get back prisoners, and that is devastatingly regrettable, too.
The Palestinian people are themselves innocent, and we need to stand up for their human rights.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Apparently, that plan involves 6 billion for some prisoners.
Wasn’t it Iran’s money? That was being held by America? And Trump getting his rocks off by killing a guy to very little effect hardly seems to make up for his bungling of the Iran Nuclear Deal he scuppered to get back at Obama for existing.

Odd flex post but okay?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Let me start by saying it's Iran's money.

You mean we stole the money from Iran and traded it for hostages?

If we "freeze" it it's essentially stealing it.

How can we freeze "their money"?

So to allow Iran only to get back its own money for closely supervised humanitarian purposes is not aiding terrorism.

Again....who's money is it? Did it originate with the US or Iran?

Is it regrettable? Yes.

Indeed.

and level 40% of the people's homes to get back prisoners,

Reference? Also, they aren't really trying to get back prisoners. They were invaded by a hostile nation. This is a war....Israel declared war.

The Palestinian people are themselves innocent, and we need to stand up for their human rights.

Innocent of what? They elected the group that invaded Israel.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Wasn’t it Iran’s money? That was being held by America? And Trump getting his rocks off by killing a guy to very little effect hardly seems to make up for his bungling of the Iran Nuclear Deal he scuppered to get back at Obama for existing.

Odd flex post but okay?

I don't know if you recall...but one of the main criticisms of the agreement was that it allowed Iran to gain billions in additional funds which it could used to support Hezbollah and terrorist projects.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
From the first paragraph of the referenced article:
Democrats are being forced to play defense on President Biden’s controversial deal to free up $6 billion in Iranian assets in exchange for the release of five American prisoners, which Republicans are now demanding be reversed after terror attacks by Hamas.

It says clearly that the money is Iran's---but because it was invested abroad we have the power to put a freeze on it.

As for the Palestinians voting for Hamas, a weak, sick excuse to defend Israel's actions:
50% of the population of Gaza is under 18.
The election choosing Hamas to represent the Palestinians in Gaza took place in 2006.
So do the math.
Almost 50% of the population wasn't born in 2006. A small number of the 50% is now 17--in infancy when the vote took place.
So at the moment 8,000 have been killed and 21,000 wounded. 40% have lost their homes. The rest of the 3.6 million are trapped, hungry, dehydrated, without medicine or medical care.
So, using your info, 1/2 of those people were unborn or infants at the time Hamas was elected.

Let's put it in American terms. I am a senior citizen, but I was born after WWII. Are you blaming me for Truman detonating atomic bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Was it my fault that LBJ enacted the Voting Rights Act and Medicare?

You can't blame people for votes that took place before they were born--hence, 1.8 million Palestinians are totally innocent--being murdered, starved, dehydrated, and rendered homeless as we speak.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Biden Administration has deployed two Aircraft carrier groups to the Eastern part of the Mediterranean Sea and issued clear warnings to Iran.

A US crusier intercepted rockets from Yemen.

Iranian proxies were hit by an airstrike last week in Syria in response to attacks on US forces.

I have no issue with the administration's respone to date.

It's clear.
It's backed by force.
And Iran has thus far exercised caution.

Last edited:
Upvote 0