Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
1990 years? I have no idea what you're referring to.

The point is that the Bible clearly states we will all still be here until the last day.
It has been 1990 years since Jesus died on the Cross. Where in the NT does it state the church will be around for the next 1990 years?

Upvote 0

FPhelps

Sep 9, 2022
CHADSTONE
✟22,248.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Replacement theology is a pejorative term and often used as a tool against those who believe in the "New Covenant". Supersessionism is the proper term when speaking of "one" people in Jesus Christ of Nazareth both Jew and Gentile. The danger of twisting scripture once again with this system is that it invites the dual covenant theory that the Jews can live under the Mosaic Law while the rest of us who have been regenerated can live under the New Covenant of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. This, IMO, is the most wicked part of this system. The most prolific proponent of this theory is John Hagee. He believes that just merely being a Jew brings you to salvation and that any attempt to bring the "Good" News" to them is "a waste of time". Very dangerous person.
correct!

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It has been 1990 years since Jesus died on the Cross. Where in the NT does it state the church will be around for the next 1990 years?
Ephesians 3:21
Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I agree that Hagee missed in here. But this brings up a question: will God send a Jew that believes in Him and strongly believes the Old Covenant to hell? I find this very hard to believe. Perhaps Abraham's bosom is filling up again.

Upvote 0