May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Why do you suppose Jesus claimed to Have Fulfilled Zechariah 14:8 during His earthly ministry?

If you're going to try to say it's because they both use the term 'living waters', don't bother. It's absurd.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you're going to try to say it's because they both use the term 'living waters', don't bother. It's absurd.

Please provide then, the alternative OT scripture that you believe Jesus was claiming to have fulfilled when He said "as the scripture has said"... (John 7:38)

Are you still waiting for Living Waters to be made available to you?
I'm not.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not.

I am parousia... I expected Jesus to transform my mortal body to become like Jesus and put his spirit within me ... to live forever ie living waters....I expect a future fulfillment

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am parousia... I expected Jesus to transform my mortal body to become like Jesus and put his spirit within me ... to live forever ie living waters....I expect a future fulfillment
So the Living waters that Jesus made available to all during His earthly ministry, where if you take one drink you shall never thirst again, are somehow inferior to the future living waters?

...and when you say "become like Jesus Body", does that mean you expect to retain any wounds you may receive in death "like Jesus' body" did?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ezekiel temple will serve as a new shadow of things to come
The Christ is already come, the Shadow is gone forever.

Colossians 2:16-17
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

See also Hebrews 10, ALL.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Urim and Thummin means what?

You tell me.. They are biblically necessary to discern priestly genealogy of purported Jews who lost their familial records after being scattered (which would be every and any purported Jew alive today)

Whatever they are, someone who already has proven priestly genealogy (which would be no one today) needs to find them and consult with them before any Temple rituals can take place, according to the Law...

Now, since Modern Jews don't follow the Law (which Biblically makes them uncircumcised heathen in Gods eyes according to scripture) they probably don't much care.

• Informative
Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Please provide then, the alternative OT scripture that you believe Jesus was claiming to have fulfilled when He said "as the scripture has said"... (John 7:38)

I'm not.

I'm not following down your rabbit trail. Anyone with an ounce of curiosity can do a quick Bible search and see that the term 'living water' is used a number of times and in a number of contexts. And they can see that the context of John doesn't match the context of Zechariah, or Jeremiah, or Song of Solomon.

This is a "nothing" point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Christ is already come, the Shadow is gone forever.

Colossians 2:16-17
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

See also Hebrews 10, ALL.

Parousia I believe the barley harvest is yet to be fulfilled ... which is the church rapture

I believe the wheat harvest is yet to take place ...which is the gathering of end time saints

And I believe the grape harvest is future

So not all shadows of things are yet completed ... but yet to come

But Ezekiel temple will be a new temple a new worship system a new covenant temple for a specific purpose of shadows of things to come after the millennium

For 1000 years the temple will teach the world of things to come and everyone living should take heed in those days

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the Living waters that Jesus made available to all during His earthly ministry, where if you take one drink you shall never thirst again, are somehow inferior to the future living waters?

I believe there are 2 things being refered to ..

the living waters Jesus made available "in part" is the Holy Spirit....and because he made it available, I believe he will one day fill us with the "full measure" of the Holy Spirit when we are to be transformed from earthly to heavenly from corruption to incoruption from mortal to immortality ... it's a future fulfillment for the church

Now the river flowing out of the temple during the millennium will be for mortals to drink to live healthy long lives ... this is literally pure water ... the finest only God can make available

and when you say "become like Jesus Body", does that mean you expect to retain any wounds you may receive in death "like Jesus' body" did?

No ... I expect a new body ...Jesus has obtained all the worlds wounds on his own body

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You tell me.. They are biblically necessary to discern priestly genealogy of purported Jews who lost their familial records after being scattered (which would be every and any purported Jew alive today)

Whatever they are, someone who already has proven priestly genealogy (which would be no one today) needs to find them and consult with them before any Temple rituals can take place, according to the Law...

Now, since Modern Jews don't follow the Law (which Biblically makes them uncircumcised heathen in Gods eyes according to scripture) they probably don't much care.

I don't know either ... I was just wondering ... thanks

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not based on 2 Peter 3:10. It's based on the prophecies in Zechariah 14 that you avoid as being superseded by other prophecies. It's intermingled with the promises of His earthly return, residing in an earthly Temple in Jerusalem.

This is the same chapter that talks of the earthly Jerusalem being lifted up and the surrounding area reduced to plains, that you started arguing against. At least you believe something Zechariah said...

Zec 14:4-5 - On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives that lies before Jerusalem on the east, and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley, so that one half of the Mount shall move northward, and the other half southward. And you shall flee to the valley of my mountains, for the valley of the mountains shall reach to Azal. And you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.

Since Peter and the other New Testament writers were not looking for Christ to return and dwell in a temple on this rotten, sin-cursed world, maybe you think they were the ones who are confused about the Old Testament...

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not following down your rabbit trail. Anyone with an ounce of curiosity can do a quick Bible search and see that the term 'living water' is used a number of times and in a number of contexts. And they can see that the context of John doesn't match the context of Zechariah, or Jeremiah, or Song of Solomon.

This is a "nothing" point.

So you can't answer the question.
Noted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums