Thinking this is going a little too fast...

chava

Veteran
Nov 19, 2004
Ohio
✟16,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My fiance and I are against birth control in any form. We're not trying to concieve at this point because we just had our first son 9 months ago. I may be pregnant again. (We're pretty sure of it). I don't know that we can financially support another child right now. In fact I'm certain we can't. Is this really what God is intending? Or are we just nuts?

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟964,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your own strength won't be enough to do this job, whether you have many or few.

Mal. 2:15 says,

"Has not the LORD made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring..."

God intends a couple to be one flesh (that is, married) before they begin childbearing. Otherwise, the duties of parenthood will be in your own strength and wisdom, instead of His.

Upvote 0

MommaBuckaroo

Feb 14, 2008
✟16,666.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your own strength won't be enough to do this job, whether you have many or few.

Mal. 2:15 says,

"Has not the LORD made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring..."

God intends a couple to be one flesh (that is, married) before they begin childbearing. Otherwise, the duties of parenthood will be in your own strength and wisdom, instead of His.

I totally agree!!! And I am gonna leave it at that:)

Upvote 0

KiriAshra

Mar 18, 2005
✟7,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why dont you keep track of your periods and ovulation days and try not to be as sexually active on those days. Or is that considered a form of birth control also?

I know a catholic family who ban's things like birth control pills and stuff but they do have knowledge of their cycle and they use that knowledge to help them with their choices. I'm not sure how everyone else does it though.

In my opinion that wouldn't be so bad. It reminds me of a famous quote I love.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed
us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My fiance and I are against birth control in any form. We're not trying to concieve at this point because we just had our first son 9 months ago. I may be pregnant again. (We're pretty sure of it). I don't know that we can financially support another child right now. In fact I'm certain we can't. Is this really what God is intending? Or are we just nuts?
You asked if this is what God is intending and I will answer you honestly. NO! God isn't intending for you to have two children out of wedlock. The bible clearly says that fornication is a sin. Rather than not using birth control you should be using abstinence until you are married.

Upvote 0

KiriAshra

Mar 18, 2005
✟7,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I must have read your post to quickly. I did not realize you were not married. Now that I read it again I notice you said your fiance and I agree, you should not have children unless you are married.

Although, If you do not seem to be having any help from anyone else I still want to offer my advice. A person should help someone even if we dont always agree with their choices.

Upvote 0

Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You asked if this is what God is intending and I will answer you honestly. NO! God isn't intending for you to have two children out of wedlock. The bible clearly says that fornication is a sin. Rather than not using birth control you should be using abstinence until you are married.

I agree that sex should be saved until marriage.

Upvote 0

Lexi

Feb 17, 2004
Michigan
✟15,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Though I had sex before marriage too, I have to agree that it's preferable to wait until you are married before having kids. But it's not like you can go back into the past and change things now, right? ;) I found out that I was pregnant with my son when my daughter was only 2 months old. It's a big shocker, huh?

Upvote 0
A

AJ29

I have come back to this post, because quite frankly, it disturbs me.

Here, we have a young woman, mother of 1, with another baby on the way. She is worried and feeling stressed about having another baby and the responses she gets here are to slam her for her past decisions.

Perhaps she posed her question poorly - perhaps she could have asked for help, rather than asking God's will for her situation.

I agree that sex before marriage is far from ideal, but what is done, is done. God knows that, and God can turn things around.

I believe that God's will for your situation Chava, is that you become the best mother you can possibly be, and that you raise children who love and serve Him.

Given that I also think sex is designed for marriage, and given that you are engaged to the father of your children, I would suggest that you go ahead and formalise that commitment and get married - sign a piece of paper ASAP and make your fiance your husband (even if you can't afford the wedding of your dreams just now).

I won't get into the pros and cons of quiverful. I don't think that is something you really need to consider RIGHT NOW - if you are already pregnant, what matters now is your children, your relationship with your children's father, and your relationship with God. Get those things sorted, then worry about the rest.

I know that is a little vague, but I just wanted to offer a "shoulder" for support if you feel that you need one. I am willing to listen, even if I don't have all the answers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here, we have a young woman, mother of 1, with another baby on the way. She is worried and feeling stressed about having another baby and the responses she gets here are to slam her for her past decisions.

I've seen plenty of threads where moms say hey I made a mistake, support me, but she just asked, is it God's intention? No, its not....

I may be pregnant again. (We're pretty sure of it). Is this really what God is intending?

Upvote 0

chava

Veteran
Nov 19, 2004
Ohio
✟16,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow I haven't seen this post in ages. Sorry I put fiance' instead of husband. I am married. And he's Catholic I'm Evangelical. Which is why we're against BC. Yeah I know that was a bad turn of words there and I probably would be mad at an OP posting this unmarried too.

But we found out that we are pregnant again. Our second son. Due this April. My first son was out of wedlock. We got married when he was about 3 months old.

And to whoever said to watch my cycles and avoid sex then I think that would be a great idea. But everything worked out so I guess it was meant to be. My husband has a good job now and we've moved into a better neighborhood. We've still got all of my son's old stuff (clothes crib etc) so seeing as this is a boy we don't even have to buy much.

Upvote 0

godanswers

Like Mary at His Feet
Jan 28, 2009
✟7,686.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged

Wow. This could be me!
My fiance' and I are getting married in June and we have an 11-month old. We are anti-birth control not because of religious reasons but because my hormones don't need to be messed with and condoms hurt me. We take "preggie risks" here and there but mostly we use the withdraw method (bit of an overshare, but hey).

Yet, I wouldn't mind being pregnant at my wedding. Call me a floozy or whatever but I've been married twice before. When I met my current and final fiance, I knew this was God's man chosen for me. I never would have gotten pregnant the first time if I thought I wouldn't be with him forever. In my heart and his we are already married.

As for pregnancy always being God's will...
I think He knows everyone that will be born but He doesn't will everyone to be born. I'll start another thread for this...

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟964,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow...

As for pregnancy always being God's will...
I think He knows everyone that will be born but He doesn't will everyone to be born. I'll start another thread for this...

If you look at the rules for the QF forum, you will will need to start your other thread somewhere else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

svl3p

Jul 27, 2006
ontario
✟8,218.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God will provide...I know it's easier to say and hear than truly believe at times, but He will. Rely on Him, though. Don't just sit back with an "Ok, you do the work, Lord" attitude...He's already providing, from what you said about not needing to buy too many baby things. Just keep your focus on Him...pray, and He will listen. Just keep God first, don't push Him aside in an attempt to take care of things on your own. One of my biggest struggles with trusting God is with finances, and we made the mistake of stopping tithing in order to pay for other things...go figure, that's when we stopped making progress on killing our debt...and congratulations!

Upvote 0