Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have another look at Luke 5 from verse 4...

Did Peter have faith that there would be a humungous catch of dish ??

Clearly not - so it is clear the necessary response from Peter was to obey - it was not about belief.

This in context was confirming the humongous growth of the Church to come.

I believe often the modern church has put faith as being more important than obedience when it is obedience that is foundational and faith follows.

Peter must have been thinking that Jesus's instruction, from a human point of view, was completely nuts.

But he obeyed without expectation or hope of such an outcome.

Now the result was totally overwhelming and Peters response was notable - an overcoming sense of personal depravity in the presence of a Holy God.

Again the reverse of what many notable Christian leaders project - Confidence, esteem, righteousness, rather than self abasement.

Sure post pentecost Peter was a changed man, preaching powerfully, and greatly confident.

May I suggest however that obedience remained foundational in Peter's life but with so many leaders falling today, this is clearly not the case.

So I believe that seeing multitudes return to faith and full churches will need to be preceded by a return to obedience and humility rather than the implementation of standard strategies for church growth.

He may require you to cast your net on the other side.

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I believe often the modern church has put faith as being more important than obedience when it is obedience that is foundational and faith follows.

Judaism believes something similar. It should be one of the things that makes it two different religions.

So I believe that seeing multitudes return to faith and full churches will need to be preceded by a return to obedience and humility rather than the implementation of standard strategies for church growth.

Humility is an aspect of faith.

Upvote 0