Things I have lost...

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Since this is posted in the widow/widower section, yes, my husband died. It was 8 years ago and of cancer. He was 41. Since then, I have moved to a new state and have become a nurse and our children have almost grown up. I was simply happy that after 2 years I was able to read at all if only for information or I wouldn't have made it through school. Over the years, answer the phone has become harder...maybe because more bad news comes over the phone than good news. I currently have 15 unheard messages on my phone.

• Prayers
Reactions: Star Dancer
Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Can relate to not feeling like you belong.

I also lost (this is long-term, not things I lost initially btw, which is a bigger list, and bypassing the obvious biggies, like "my best friend" etc etc):

- countless hours of sleep; I'm only now years later not totally dreading going to bed (still doesn't wow me)
- all those little inside jokes that nobody else would ever understand...and so mostly aren't very funny any more
- most of our "friends" who it turns weren't really friends (and therefore no great loss, actually)
- any desire to return to my (and our) favorite vacation spot
- pleasure from shopping at Lowes or similar places, which we visited often for this or that (the first time I went in without her I broke right down...luckily nobody was in that aisle and I was able to regroup pretty quickly to get the bleep out of there)
- my birthday. What I mean is I lost her very near my birthday and so I have no desire to ever celebrate it or even really acknowledge it again

There's probably more, but that's off the top

• Agree
Reactions: blackribbon
Upvote 0