• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Things God Can't Do

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by ZiSunka, Jul 26, 2002.

1. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    After reading the atheists' favorite question about "can God make a rock so big he can't lift it" for the millionth time, I started to realize that there are a lot of things God can't do. Here's one:

God can't forget you!
    Can a woman forget her nursing child? Will she have no compassion on the child from her womb? Although mothers may forget, I will not forget you. I have engraved you on the palms of my hands. Your walls are always in my presence. Isaiah 49:15-16

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Blynn

Blynn Well-Known Member

+78
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Good thread lambslove!

GOD cannot reject anyone who comes in the name of Jesus.

God does not punish twice. No one could bear the punishment for sin except Jesus, and He bore it all. If you accept the sacrifice of Jesus for your sins, you will never be condemned.

There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1)

Whoever comes to me I will never drive away . . . For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life. (John 6:37, 40)

3. MizDoulos

MizDoulos <font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I like your thread, lambslove. :)

These will help to keep in our minds how great our God truly is!

God is not fickled. Whatever God has spoken in His Word, He cannot and will not change His mind.

James 1:17

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

Isaiah 40:8

The grass withers, the flower fades,
    But the word of our God stands forever.

4. kersejohn

kersejohn Retired Fire Station Officer.

+0
    :clap: new user just looking but like the thought.

Should it be "what God can't do" or should it perhaps be "What God will not do"

5. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+11
    Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

6. Martin

Martin Senior Veteran

+12
    Christian
    Married
    God can't get saved!!

7. george

george Veteran

+75
    Non-Denom
    God cannot be unfaithful.

<B>2 Timothy 2</B>
    <SUP>12</SUP>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;If we endure, <SUP>(1)</SUP> we will also reign with Him;
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;If we <SUP>(2)</SUP> deny Him, He also will deny us;
    <SUP>13</SUP>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;If we are faithless, <SUP>(3)</SUP> He remains faithful, for <SUP>(4)</SUP> He cannot deny Himself.
    &nbsp;:bow: