• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

THIMEROSAL (a cause of autism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
thank you 2scoop and the others who gave there witness of the mercury injury. i've always suffered cronic fatigue since i can remember, constantly feel this brainfogyness that makes it hard to focus well and a bunch of other symptoms that i came to associate with fibromialgia, so when i became pregnant, i feared that my kid could be more suceptible to vaccine injury and so i refused all vaccines from being administered to him.

at around 2 1/2 years old, he was diagnosed with high functionning autism none the less. and i realised that i have silver amalgams and the metal exposition must come from me. this summer we went for a forced urin metal test. there is indeed some mercury showing up in the test result but much less then i expected. evaluated within the "normal" range, what ever that mean for such a toxic substance. but levels of lead showed up to be very elevated. they also showed up to be elevated in my test results, along with a high level of alulminum. there are a bunch of other metals that are showing up at various level that are not elevated in themself but i can't help but think that they all compound each other's effects.

For the first time in my life, did i find releif, just for the fact the result of the test explained a great deal of my health and his. all my life, seeing doctor saying that there was nothing wrong with me and it was all in my head was very frustrating. now we can focus on the treatments available. i find that pinworm drug effect quite interresting. i will keep that in mind. right now we've started chelation with DMSA

Lead is an other metal i scratch my head wondering what corporation are thingking when you hear about all the toy recalls these days because of elevated lead level in plastic or paint.

Upvote 0

Gizoux

GizouxAce
Sep 9, 2006
✟7,661.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Although I have few doubts that mercury is a significant factor in autism, there's something else I'd like to add.

My son was diagnosed with high-functioning autism and my wife began doing research into the condition. It's not just mercury, although it is a terribly potent poison, there are others like lead, cadmium and others that agitate the symptoms. My wife has chronic fatigue, and there are a few studies that link the two.

My son wasn't just rushed into chelation, we decided to test him. The results of the forced urine test was my wife had three times the safe amount of lead in her system.

Our son, whom my wife suspected was suffering from mercury poison found out that his mercury levels were safe. He had seven times the safe amount of lead locked into his tissues. We have a theory that when she was pregnant with him, that the calcium that was being used to build bones also had a jackpot of lead which wound up interfering with his mental/social development.

It gets more interesting, but it's late right now and I'll have to continue tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Gizoux

GizouxAce
Sep 9, 2006
✟7,661.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Nothing has proven to be fact yet,has it?
No, it hasn't been proven as a fact, but he had to get that lead from somewhere, and she isn't showing quite as much lead in her test results, but it is certainly there.

What's more is the doctors around here don't recognize a forced urine test as valid. They think that if it's not registering in their blood, then it's not a problem.

When chelation started, my son was working out fine with his treatments. There does seem to be an improvement in his behavior, but it's hard to determine what "normal" is with a four year old.

My wife broke out into a nasty rash after her third week. In outpatients, she was told that it was it was an allergic reaction to a dust, they gave her a prescription for an antihistamine. The pharmacist looked up DMSA and the possibility of it being the problem. He said that it was unlikely but the symptoms sound like a reaction to toxins being drawn out of her body too fast.

Her family doctor said "I think it may be an onset of some arthritic condition." On a subsequent visit, and the results of the forced urine test in hand, she negotiated for an hour and a half with the doc and the intern about the possibility of rapid detox, "It's out of my scope," she says and writes another prescription for an antihistamine.

She's got an appointment with the naturopath (the one who gave her the forced urine test) in January to discuss any changes in her treatment.

The pharmacist, who's an apothecary, is willing to consider a broader perspective of her condition more than three medical doctors. At least the pharmacist looked up what DMSA is and what possible side effects could be involved.

You might say I'm getting pretty cynical about the medical profession.

Upvote 0

Telrunya

Student of the Word
Jun 24, 2004
Bainbridge Island Washington St.
✟2,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have three children. My oldest is 7. He was vaccinated, we are told, with mercury free vaccinces. He is autistic. I put in that we are told this because I dont believe it for a second. I watched my bright, laughing and engaging 2 year old boy shut down and shut out the world over a 2 week period just after he was vaccinated. My other two children, a 4 year old daughter and a 3 year old son have not been vaccinated. They have been diagnosed with PDD, but they are both talking, both extremely smart, and both socially engaging. I shudder to think what they would be like if we had gotten them vaccinated with the "murcury free" vaccines.

Do genetics play a role in autism? I believe so, but not a predominate role.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.