Thick Sheik on the warpath again

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
The issue isn't the fact that he's said stupid things.

The fact is, he's said something that is false and used to inflame tensions esspecially on the war in Iraq.

Not that we should be telling the Sheik to say only positives about australia.
But to lie about Australia, and say that our patience with their attitude comes down to nothing, whilst they rape and bash other cultures and they accuse us for being racist...
That may be so, but unless he is breaking the law and can be tried, in court, for doing so there isn't much one can do about it.

Thats inciting terrorism.... thats what australians are thinking
See above.

Well you are questioning on the Arabic language experts expertise...

I can't question them... but if you're willing I'll happily give them word that a guy named "ebia" questions your position and methodology on translating the sheiks message.
I think you must have misunderstood something I said.

Upvote 0

Nooj

Senior Veteran
Jan 9, 2005
Sydney
✟19,215.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
AU-Greens
According to today's West Australian, I gather he also had the audacity to claim that Moslem's were here before the Aborigine's, or at least were occupying this country concurrently. (don't quote me, I'm relying on memory) Therefore Halali claims Moslems have some sort of prior rights to this country, just like our aboriginals. This is what I gather. Hope I'm wrong, hey!
Well Muslims believe all peoples were Muslims before the message got corrupted, just like they believe Abraham and Adam to be Muslims (belief in one God and such). That's why Muslims call people who turned to Islam 'reverts'.

Of course, archaeological evidence shows that Australian Aboriginals have lived here for more than 40,000 years and have polytheistic religions.

Also, I think Muslims have had earlier contacts with Aboriginals than white settlers because of the Polynesian traders up in the north. I think anyway.

But to lie about Australia, and say that our patience with their attitude comes down to nothing, whilst they rape and bash other cultures and they accuse us for being racist...
I've heard of Muslim women harrassed (sometimes physically) and shouted at by other Australians...racism is still wide-spread in all circles.

His apologists keep insisting that everything he says is being misinterpreted, mistranslated, or what have you. Okay, then tell us what he really meant to say? I'm not sure how many ways you can interpret a sentence.
He sort of is being misinterpreted. Some of the newspapers say that the Sheik is saying white Australians are liars when he actually said Westerners and the English are the most dishonest and unjust peoples...SBS and SMH are the best news sources.

It is different when you say:

White Australians are liars

Westerners and English are the most dishonest and unjust peoples.

Because not only did the Sheik insult just Australians, but all Westerners with the second phrase.

Upvote 0

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
AmazingLoveAmazingGrace said:
Everyone is equal in the eyes of the law (theoretically speaking)

Theoretically speaking is right. We seem to have some problems in this country with the law treating people differently due to race or religion. It's been happening for years with our indigenous people.(don't flame me please, I am only stating fact) now we're seeing different rules in schools and other institutions for Muslims.

Once we have decided to treat all citizens (and legit refugees) equally under the law, maybe then we can deal with this tosser.

Upvote 0

The Bad Templar

Oct 20, 2004
✟8,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the fish keep biting because the fish dont know any better.

That's right people... don't question the Sheik, people.

He's a Muslim. And beyond scruitiny.

if the fish stopped biting, then the fisherman will stop fishing.

And I'm sure that if all the daily newspapers in Australia published the 12 Mohammed cartoons... there would be dignified silence from the little fishies in the Muslim community... wouldn't there?

pity those who try to push him

Yeah, they might get shot... that would serve them right wouldn't it Charlie?

about 200 men had assembled outside Lakemba Mosque - some armed with Glock pistols

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/armed-gangs-on-rampage/2005/12/12/1134236005902.html

Upvote 0

The Bad Templar

Oct 20, 2004
✟8,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Muslims didnt shoot up/rape/exterminate the local population when they got to Australia. well, prehaps some do. but at least it wasnt government sponsored like the white's crusades were.

prehaps there's a reason Islam is becomming very popular with the Aborigines?

What's this got to do with anything?

It's completely irrelevant in reference to the Mufti's statements.

The Mufti was refering to the incidents of Macassan traders who happen to have come in contact with Top End aborigines before European settlement.

Muslims often argue they have more claim to Australia than Christianity because of this... however the implications for animistic aboriginal religion is the same... you've been 'discovered' by a dominant religion.

No favours for aborigines there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Hey ! The " clerics" can say whatever they want as far as I´m concerned...but Christianity is the only religion on Earth that has managed to defeat Muslims and throw them out of Europe. It took us like 700 years (750 AD - 1492 AD) but we did it. If push ever comes to shove again, Christianity will certainly be up to the challenge.

So let´s stick to the facts people l!!!!

Upvote 0

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I doubt it, unfortunately.

I've found many of my Christian brothers lacking in loyalty, commitment and guts.

Hmmmm....I´d say its got more to do with leadership. Strong , clear leadership within the Church. Plus we Christians cannot simply dismiss our heitage which, like it or not, includes The Crusades and our battle against ISLAM.

Upvote 0

The Bad Templar

Oct 20, 2004
✟8,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmmm....I´d say its got more to do with leadership. Strong , clear leadership within the Church. Plus we Christians cannot simply dismiss our heitage which, like it or not, includes The Crusades and our battle against ISLAM.

I find it amusing when Muslim-appeasers (many of who are Christians), who know nothing about the Crusades, always say, 'what about the Crusades?' implying that Christianity is just as bad as Islam.

What they don't know is that militant Muslim Turks actually sparked the initial Crusades in 1093 by violently invading Christian lands and laying seige to Constantinople... the centre of the Eastern Church.

As for Christians... from experience they're more interested in what is best for their comfortable lifestyle and being entertained ... than what is best for the Kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Hey ! The " clerics" can say whatever they want as far as I´m concerned...but Christianity is the only religion on Earth that has managed to defeat Muslims and throw them out of Europe. It took us like 700 years (750 AD - 1492 AD) but we did it.
Maybe you haven't noticed but they are still there.

If push ever comes to shove again, Christianity will certainly be up to the challenge.
Oh, yeh, right, lets rush back to one of the most violent, shameful, blatantly political, episodes in Christian history and repeat it all.

So let´s stick to the facts people l!!!!
Seems the facts you wish to stick to are a bit selective.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Bad Templar

Oct 20, 2004
✟8,841.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christianity is the only religion on Earth that has managed to defeat Muslims and throw them out of Europe. It took us like 700 years (750 AD - 1492 AD) but we did it.

Maybe you haven't noticed but they are still there.

And it's quite possible that Europe will be majority Islamic in a few decades due to immigration and higher Muslim birth rates.

Upvote 0
G

googled

It's pathetic for muslims to be whinging for such discrimination.

The chinese have been thrown bricks for years, and all we did was continue living.
And now, we forgive the aussies that hated us in the past. Because they're a lot more open now than before.

In the past muslims were considered "white" along with many caucasians, and it was the asians that were singled out.

As far as I know, their whinging is causing them a lot more damage to their future.

As for the crusades...

I agree with the Templar... most people have no idea what the indepth details of the crusades are. They all say it's bad based on a brief history lesson in the common textbook.

Fact is, islam was holding a lot of nations hostage with economic trades. The reason islam spread isn't because it's influential in its message, but because of economic trade along the silk road.

In the process, a lot of villages were slaughtered.

Thats a known fact, and it's what the pope was referring to which annoyed a lot of muslims.

And thats interesting, muslims get annoyed at the truth... so...

I'm happy for them to live on pluto, but they have no right to tell me that Christ is a false prophet and force me to submit to them, whilst they constantly deny the Bible in front of my face.

The liberal muslims are more open... but they seem to be a silent group.

Upvote 0