Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I just saw the 'breaking news' this morning. I like to bounce from one channel to another when news breaks because it's interesting to see how the different networks handle it. ABC had some former counter-terrorism official on. They asked him if Americans should be any more worried about flying. He said no - this has nothing to do with terrorism, it was just a business deal, this happens all the time, it was a sting operation, the guy wasn't a terrorist, he wasn't selling to terrorists, he was selling to the FBI. (anyone for run-on sentences?).
This guy is an idiot. They called him the first counter-terrorism czar, whatever that means. I'm not going to stop taking flights, but if anyone thinks that these missiles don't go to the highest bidder, terrorist or not, they're nuts. Even Katie Couric (who usually asks stupid fluff questions) gets it. She asked her analyst about falling into the wrong hands and ties to known terrorist groups.
This is not so much a comment on the actual event, but more sheer amazement at how stupid some "experts" are. M

Upvote 0

Chuck_Darwin

Sep 21, 2002
Holland, Michigan
Visit site
✟1,023.00
Faith
Atheist
I have always thought that the perfect attack on america would be shoulder launched surface to air missle fired near an a major airport. then drive off in a pickup. I was saying this in 1988. It is fairily easy to acquire and portable. The market has lots of surplus soviet and american arms.

As a note to carnivore and Ashcroft. I am not a terrorist. I would never do any of this. This is just from my private musings about what would work.

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
Lawton Oklahoma, Officer Career Course
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They have him on tape calling the americans *******s and saying that he needed to cast a blow to the american econemy. Luckly the terrorist he was saleing the weapon to was really an undercover FBI agent and the russians had already made the missle unuseable. UK, Russian and the US have been working on this for over a year.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
alonesoldier said:
They have him on tape calling the americans *******s and saying that he needed to cast a blow to the american econemy. Luckly the terrorist he was saleing the weapon to was really an undercover FBI agent and the russians had already made the missle unuseable. UK, Russian and the US have been working on this for over a year.

Freedom of speech?? ;)

I am just being sarcastic showing a micro-side to the situation regarding our attack on Iraq.

Upvote 0

ZaraDurden

Comfortably Numb
Aug 5, 2003
Jersey
Visit site
✟3,702.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I feel that these "breaking news" reports are nothing more than another way to keep the american people afraid and under the government control. "We just stopped more terrorists, let us take more of your money and liberties and we can stop more!"

Turn on any news channel in America, what do you see? Murder, rape, terrorists... In other countries the news is adressed much differently.

I just cant buy into this terror alert warning system bunk. If they couldnt be alerted of 9/11, how do they know how in danger of terror we are now? They have no clue, its just another way for Bush to scare us so we are willing to give up more of our civil liberties so he can go to war, and then have more control over us.

My views may sound extreme, but think about them for a bit before you go off on me...

I call on any Canadian to respond to this question: When you leave the house, do you leave your door unlocked?

In America we would never dream of such a thing, because we live in fear of all these things that could happen... In countries where the government and media portray things in a different light, people arent afraid. We cannot let our own government scare us into submission, stand up for your rights.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
ZaraDurden said:
I call on any Canadian to respond to this question: When you leave the house, do you leave your door unlocked?

I'm answering for my friend in Oak Ridges,ON - she has been broken into 3 times, has deadbolt locks and a security system.

I live in NJ at the shore and small town FL and leave my doors unlocked in both places.

Upvote 0
ZaraDurden,

In America we would never dream of such a thing, because we live in fear of all these things that could happen... In countries where the government and media portray things in a different light, people arent afraid. We cannot let our own government scare us into submission, stand up for your rights.

Feeling secure is one thing, carelessness is another.

Tom

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums