THEY CALL IT THE GREAT COMMISSION , REALLY ?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many say that the GREAT COMMISSION so called , in Matt 28:19 is for all BELIEVERS ,

#1 So when is this GREAT COMMISSION TO BEGIN ? And some say it is already in operation ?

#2 Who are these people that will carry this GREAT COMMISSION forward .

#3 I wonder if any one has seen it in operation , YET ?

#4 All should TEACH / MATHETUO and what are they to TEACH , pray tell ? That Jesus is coming for them and to REPENT .

#5 And they are to teach all NATIONS / ETHNOS ,

#6 You are to BAPTIZE / BAPTIZO , in the PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE , PARTICIPLE , NOMINATIVE CASE , and PLURAL .

#7 BUT verse 16 Christ is speaking to the 11 disciples , NOT TO THE BODY OF CHRIST as the B O C has NOT yet been formed .

#8 The Greek word NATION / ETHNOS is also found in John 11:48 , and they want to be rid of Him and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and NATION / ETHNOS , so what does NATION means then ?

#9 NATION / ETHNOS can be translated b y the following words , PEOPLE , HEATHEN , NATION , GENTILES , so which one is IT ? Read John 11:48 and 51 and tell all what NATION / ETHNOS then means ?

#10 I believe that the so -called GREAT COMMISSION is to the Jews that are scattered all over the world i.

#11 And that preaching will happen BEFORE the GREAT TRIBULATION , which makes me a PRE - TRIBULATIONIST.

dan p
For forum respect and clarity, can only Dispensationalists comment on this thread? I am always at odds with what is being posted here. Thanks for sharing!
Blessings

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Many say that the GREAT COMMISSION so called , in Matt 28:19 is for all BELIEVERS ,

#1 So when is this GREAT COMMISSION TO BEGIN ? And some say it is already in operation ?

#2 Who are these people that will carry this GREAT COMMISSION forward .

#3 I wonder if any one has seen it in operation , YET ?

#4 All should TEACH / MATHETUO and what are they to TEACH , pray tell ? That Jesus is coming for them and to REPENT .

#5 And they are to teach all NATIONS / ETHNOS ,

#6 You are to BAPTIZE / BAPTIZO , in the PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE , PARTICIPLE , NOMINATIVE CASE , and PLURAL .

#7 BUT verse 16 Christ is speaking to the 11 disciples , NOT TO THE BODY OF CHRIST as the B O C has NOT yet been formed .

#8 The Greek word NATION / ETHNOS is also found in John 11:48 , and they want to be rid of Him and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and NATION / ETHNOS , so what does NATION means then ?

#9 NATION / ETHNOS can be translated b y the following words , PEOPLE , HEATHEN , NATION , GENTILES , so which one is IT ? Read John 11:48 and 51 and tell all what NATION / ETHNOS then means ?

#10 I believe that the so -called GREAT COMMISSION is to the Jews that are scattered all over the world i.

#11 And that preaching will happen BEFORE the GREAT TRIBULATION , which makes me a PRE - TRIBULATIONIST.

dan p
Christians (not just jews) are to point others to Jesus .... whether one chooses to accept them as their Lord and Savior is up to them.

Many of the original jews lost site of that and were ingrained in their ethnicity (their decent) the main responsibility of spreading the gospel was given to the gentiles (at the stoning of Stephen) .... the apostles were of jewish decent (and they struggled with this at times) .... but they saw their higher calling in Jesus .... they were christian jews ... they put Jesus first (as we all should do)

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There were other apostles besides the 12.

There can only be twelve apostles because the holy city, the New Jerusalem, has only twelve foundations. As Jesus revealed to John: “The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.” (Revelation 21:14)

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There can only be twelve apostles because the holy city, the New Jerusalem, has only twelve foundations. As Jesus revealed to John: “The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.” (Revelation 21:14)

I can prove that there are more than 12 apostles.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Read the verse my friend.

Are you asking me to? Sorry confused about what you mean. But here is my proof nonetheless.

"But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of it," (Acts 14:14)

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you asking me to? Sorry confused about what you mean. But here is my proof nonetheless.

"But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of it," (Acts 14:14)
Luke described Barnabas as someone distinct from the Twelve. He was sent with Paul to proclaim the gospel, and in this sense, he was an apostle. He cannot be used an example of someone who received an apostleship that was the same as the Twelve or Paul and thus be used as precedent for anyone to claim a similar apostleship today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Luke described Barnabas as someone distinct from the Twelve. He was sent with Paul to proclaim the gospel, and in this sense, he was an apostle. He cannot be used an example of someone who received an apostleship that was the same as the Twelve or Paul and thus be used as precedent for anyone to claim a similar apostleship today.

My argument has never been that Barnabas was the same as the 12. But he was an apostle.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For forum respect and clarity, can only Dispensationalists comment on this thread? I am always at odds with what is being posted here. Thanks for sharing!
Blessings
It is for anyone that wants to reply ,

dan p

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,941.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, if you want to say it is only the apostles and Jews, then I guess only apostles and Jews can baptize and make disciples.

When you read Matthew 19:28

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

you have no problem believing that the them in that verse only refers to the 12 correct?

So what makes Matthew 28:18 them different, that you want to apply it beyond the 12?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
He is talking to His disciples. He tells them: " teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. That is rare today that anyone teaches that we are to obey all the commandments that Jesus gives us. Even Paul had a: The Lord says vs what Paul says. "Now to the rest I say (I, not the Lord)" 1 Corinthians 7:12.

1 Corinthians 7:6
I say this as a concession, not as a command.

Jesus said that they were to teach them to follow the commandments. The issue with the religious leaders is they did not know what the commanments are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There were other apostles besides the 12.
Eph 4:11 And He gave , indeed , the APOSTLES , and the PROHETS , and the EVANGELISTS , and PASTORS , and TEACHERS .

This means that in the BODY of CHRIST there were the above and the Greek word APOSTLES / APOLOSTLOS just means that they are MESSENGERS ,

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not only Jesus but the prophets had constantly reminded the jews that it was offered to them and the gentiles equally, to be grafted into the stock of Jesse.
It would help , if all would write the verse where the GREAT COMMISSION was offered to Gentiles ?

If we are to go to all NATIONS / ETHNOS what does NATION are they taking about ?

dan p

Upvote 0