These Actions do not make it into the news.......

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So after reading posts here on this forum on other forums internet news stories watching TV news reports reading an occasional newspaper if I can find one I see that the more Sensational political and sadly criminal actions tend to get the most news coverage. Even in sports someone cheating or doing something wrong gets much more coverage than someone doing something successfully. I was noticing that seemingly everywhere online a Pastime is to badmouth the president or his political party or badmouth the Opposition party even when an objective look at the issues with see that neither side is even close to being factual or accurate. That being said I was thinking of some things that happened over the past week that will never make it into the news.

I shop once or twice a month a day store in a very low income part of town because it's the best place to get Hispanic items. I have to have some Tacos on occasion. There was a lady there that wanted to buy some bananas and did not have enough money. I heard her say well put them back .... before she could leave I said wait and I handed the cashier a dollar and said give them to her. I have no idea who she was but I'm not going to let her go away hungry.

A person at the drive-in at a restaurant seemed rather upset that I had gotten in front of her and I was in a very big hurry. I had kids waiting for food. I assume that she wasn't so upset when she got up to the window and was told that the man in front of her paid for her food.

I was walking into a store that I absolutely hate. I won't say what it is but it rhymes with Fall part. I loathe everything about that store but I had to go in there because my son had an electronic item ordered and it was being picked up there. It was also raining not hard but just raining and I saw a young lady walking out in the rain looking rather upset she was clutching a very small babies to her trying to keep him dry. I handed her my umbrella and I said" here "and I went in without one.

My oldest son and I have a very strange and unusual Hobby. About twice a year we go into one of these big arcade restaurants in a nearby City and we spend the day there and usually in the course of the day we clean out the crane games, and have won enough tickets to leave with more junkie items than we can carry. And it's not that we want the items; we are just good at those games. I'm not bragging but we're just good at them. My son is the kind of person that will hit the jackpot on a Redemption game four or five times in a row and no cheating is involved. So as we had this gigantic pile of prizes more than the two of us could even carry. There were a couple of kids that were frustrated that they couldn't win what they wanted so we told them take a couple of ours and don't worry about it we'll be winning more before the day's over...... we won't miss them. The kids mom offered to buy us some rounds on the claw game but again I told her we are getting here to have fun every single thing that we win will be given away to charity.

These are things that happen that won't make the news but they're random acts of kindness. And I don't for one minute believe that I am the only one doing them. I know that other people are out helping other people. I hope it's happening more than I think it is but I know it's out there. I think that anytime someone does a good random act of kindness to another person than most of the time that person will turn into something good for someone else. And some people truly need this. Some people may not have enough money to buy food and buying them handful of bananas helps them out. Doing something with no reward with no sense of anything other than the pure joy of expressing love for Humanity buy a small item that helps or protects a person it's more newsworthy. I wonder if the news spent an hour talking about things like that how many people would watch the news and then be inspired to go out and try to get involved too?
It's sometime people need to put aside selfish behavior people need to put aside self hatred and fear and do things to be a positive white in the world. I know that is happening but we won't see it on the evening news.

Last edited:

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matt 25:39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0