bind on pick up
Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A trial can cause sin and God does not tempt us with sin,unless your a Calvinest.

And yet sinning is exactly the thing Peter did in his trial after the devil asked permission from God to try him, and even though there was sin on his part, Peter still got through his trial with his faith intact.

So, apparently, God allowing a trial where one might sin is not the same as God tempting that person to sin.

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

Dear brothers and sisters.
I dont know if this is at all a good place to post this..
There is so much nonsense on the internet, also on these Christian pages of every sort. So many people who speak, who have a lot of pride.
What I need is some people with a good lenght of life experience, visdom and above all humility.
Those who truly have nothing to say, who havent experienced what I have, please hold back..

I've been a personal believer for some 10 years now. Especially during the first few years I was so on fire, I told everyone about the beauty of the Gospel and the Love of Jesus. I even experienced a healing during prayer and had a lot of expectation.. I spend a lot of time in prayer and in church because I wanted it and loved it.
But over time, the zeal got less, I spend less time with the Lord.. I dont know what came first, the loss of zeal or the abandon of disciplined prayerlife. I got disillusioned because I sensed that my prayer was mostly a monologue and I fell into the habit of seeking comfort with human beings who end up hurting me, because I really needed a tangible love.

Fast forward 7 years and I am barely hanging on.. I pray more out of obligation than anything else.. I am one of those lethargic stone faced people that I couldn't imagine I'd turn into. One of the people who look half asleep in church. I mean, I can keep doing this, going through the motions.. I am there intellectually, but my heart is not burning at all.

I have read much in the Bible and read, seen and heard so many great testimonies about miracles and salvation in every area of life. For a very long time I prayed fervently for the baptism in the Holy Spirit.. but it didn't happen.. I mean I know I have the Spirit in me, otherwise I couldnt believe in Jesus. But visions, hearing Gods voice, spoeaking in tongues, being led to give words of wisdom or knowlege, being led in terms of where to go and whom to marry.. these things I read about and I found so cool... but it didnt happen at all to me. And I end up just feeling disapoointed and left out.

I think there just must be more than this. I begged God to touch me, but he seems to not do it.
I was also recently so disappointed because he didnt heal my dearest family member and a family friend.. we truly believed he would, we called upon his name and confessed his Word of power and authority very much.. But death, empty hard death and suffering was the only result we saw on this side of eternity, much to our shock and sorrow.

Anyone been in this situation?
I cannot live without Jesus.. but this mediocre, boring, never experiencing really truly seeing or hearing him, or his supernatural power, its just wearing me out.

And please, dont give an answer unless you really have something meaningful to say. I am so tired of the superficiality .. its so easy to write something..

Kate
My first thought was 'deliverance'. I know Christians don't want to hear this but I can tell the type of spiritual fatigue you're describing may either be due to clinical depression or spiritual oppression. You can PM me if you'd like to discuss it more otherwise Derek Prince was a wonderful godly man who taught how to break an oppression or a curse and has many wonderful teachings on You Tube.
I have a blog (link on my signature line) I am part of, that describes my long and somewhat colorful walk with the Lord. I have come to a point of genuine joy in the Lord, but it was quite a struggle for many years.
God bless, andrea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkQn30Qt1Cc

Upvote 0

OldDogDiver

Living the Good Life
Nov 27, 2012
Southern California Coast
✟7,831.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You might want to familiarize yourself with it, because you are unknowingly promoting it on this thread.

No I am not. I am promoting - and quoting - the promises of the Word - nothing more, nothing less.

You, my friend, are the one reading into every thing I say. As my wife says about me, "what you see is what you get, you don't need to read between the lines with him."

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

No I am not. I am promoting - and quoting - the promises of the Word - nothing more, nothing less.

You, my friend, are the one reading into every thing I say. As my wife says about me, "what you see is what you get, you don't need to read between the lines with him."

Hey guys, this OP is not the place to have your argument… start a new thread please. You've got a new member here that has some personal concerns and you've turned this into a debate off topic. Thanks, andrea

Upvote 0

OldDogDiver

Living the Good Life
Nov 27, 2012
Southern California Coast
✟7,831.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys, this OP is not the place to have your argument… start a new thread please. You've got a new member here that has some personal concerns and you've turned this into a debate off topic. Thanks, andrea

Andrea,

I only posted helpful scriptural advice to the OP, with a pure heart. I am not debating; I have been attacked and falsely accused by Faulty.

I do not post often in these forums, but read the OP and only wanted to help.

I won't post again, but please do not accuse me of arguing when I did nothing except be provoked.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
And yet sinning is exactly the thing Peter did in his trial after the devil asked permission from God to try him, and even though there was sin on his part, Peter still got through his trial with his faith intact.

So, apparently, God allowing a trial where one might sin is not the same as God tempting that person to sin.

When did the devil ask permission from God to tempt Peter?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
This classic 'prosperity gospel' error.

It's simplistic and unbiblical to believe that God only wants to prosper you with health, wealth and happiness.

The twelve disciples were stoned, imprisoned and persecuted; eleven were killed in various gruesome ways. Was this because they were bad Christians who lacked faith?

peace,
Simon

Peace to you as well,but judging my post by my faith icon and then shifting up to a straw man about the disciples,has no relevance to the context of our discussion.

I don't want to beat the old dead horse about criticism of WOF,after all this entire forum is filled with the same presumption.
The context would be for the person who started thread,in that her feeling separated from God,and the reasons for that.
The other poster stated God puts you through trials I disagree.
Do you have thoughts on that subject that may help the original poster?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

I agree her need for advice is the priority,I hope she will PM you and talk.
When we enter this forum I guess we overlook what we should be doing and start to debate.

Thank You

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
KatyDanes, a verse that helps me is John 6:63. "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

From this verse which states my spirit man believes The Word, I learned to use audiobibles (such as at biblegateway.com) and hear Scripture (love Psa 145).[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Peace to you as well,but judging my post by my faith icon and then shifting up to a straw man about the disciples,has no relevance to the context of our discussion.

I don't want to beat the old dead horse about criticism of WOF,after all this entire forum is filled with the same presumption.
The context would be for the person who started thread,in that her feeling separated from God,and the reasons for that.
The other poster stated God puts you through trials I disagree.
Do you have thoughts on that subject that may help the original poster?

Telling the OP that 'her trials mean she is outside the will of God', does not help her.

The fact that 11 of the 12 disciples were executed in various painful ways quickly points out the error of your WoF beliefs. Unless you think all 11 disciples were outside of the will of God when they were killed?

God allows trials in our lives, good comes from them, and God is with us in the midst of our trials.

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

When did the devil ask permission from God to tempt Peter?

Even worse - for you WoF guys - Peter made this positive confession:

Peter said to him, "Even though they all fall away, I will not."
Mark 14:29 ESV

Unfortunately Peter's positive confession made directly to Jesus Christ, did not work.

Then Jesus makes a 'negative confession':

And Jesus said to him, "Truly, I tell you, this very night, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny me three times."
Mark 14:30 ESV

So if you believe in 'speaking things into existence', God spoke Peter's denial into existence.

hmmm...

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Andrea,

I only posted helpful scriptural advice to the OP, with a pure heart. I am not debating; I have been attacked and falsely accused by Faulty.

I do not post often in these forums, but read the OP and only wanted to help.

I won't post again, but please do not accuse me of arguing when I did nothing except be provoked.

You haven't been attacked or falsely accused of anything. I'm actually trying to have a discussion and help you. If that's an attack to you, I assure you that wasn't the intent. I just kind of figured that if you were unknowingly taught a 1,600 year old heresy, then you'd want someone to make you aware of it. But since you feel that is an attack, our conversation is now concluded.

Apologies to the OP.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Telling the OP that 'her trials mean she is outside the will of God', does not help her.

The fact that 11 of the 12 disciples were executed in various painful ways quickly points out the error of your WoF beliefs. Unless you think all 11 disciples were outside of the will of God when they were killed?

God allows trials in our lives, good comes from them, and God is with us in the midst of our trials.

peace,
Simon

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums