JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says that it is the Blood of Jesus that cleanses us from our sin. Does anyone have a testimony of when the Blood of Jesus has done a cleansing work in their life?

I understand that the life is in the Blood, so eternal life is in the divine blood of Jesus. But how is it that our sins are cleansed in the Blood? Thanks, JohnR7

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Okay, here goes.

Back in the days of Abraham, there were things called covenants, contracts so strong and serious that to fail or break the covenant was punishable by death. It was way above and beyond a normal contract, even a marriage contract, in its seriousness. The parties entering into the covenant would perform a ritual to show everyone that they were entering into a convenant relationship, and that they were willing to die rather than fail or break the contract. They would take a live lamb or heifer and cut in in half, and let the blood run out and then walk with their bare feet in the blood and say, "This you will do to me if I fail to meet the terms of this covenant." It gave each person the power of life and death over the other.

Abraham was visited by God one day, while he was lamenting his lack of an heir. God promised him great things, the entire promised land and all in it, and Abraham knew that he would not live long enough to fully enjoy it. So he complained to God that it didn't matter what God promised, since he couldn't pass the promise down to an heir that would be able to take advantage of it. God told him that not only would he have an heir, his offspring would be as numerous as the stars in the sky. God made it a covenant, beyond a promise, to show how serious He was about carrying it out. He told Abraham to take a goat, a lamb, a heifer, a dove and a turtle dove and split them in half and let the blood run out. Then at nightfall, God appeared in his most mysterious, purest form, and walked through the blood, indicating that Abraham could kill Him if He failed to do what He said. Abraham had previously done the same, indicating that if he or his offspring should ever lose faith in the promise, God could walk through their blood.

So years went by, and not one of Abraham's offspring kept perfect faith in God. We have all sinned against Him. God had every right to kill us and walk through our blood. But instead, He came to earth and lived as a human, having perfect faith in the Father, and allowed men to kill Him as the punishment that we deserved from Him. It seems insane, but God allowed us to kill Him because we broke the covenant!

And that's how the Blood of the Lamb takes away our sins!

Upvote 0

rwc109

Feb 18, 2002
meditation moving mighty mountains - more moonston
✟1,275.00
Faith
Marital Status
Engaged
The life is in the blood.
The sacrifice of the lamb without blemish
symbolises the perfect life {without blemish]
of our saviour
UNTO DEATH [that is where the blood bit comes in, death is life in the body sacrificed - as our saviour had perfect RIGHT to be TRANSLATED and not see DEATH, but CHOSE death in OBEDIENCE to God ,our Father, so that man could be forgiven BY HIS SACRIFICE OF LIFE once-for all.]
Thus the CREATOR takes RESPONSIBILITY for the sin of his creation UPON HIMSELF and forgives us IF WE FORGIVE [hence my other posting on can we manage to LOVE EVERYONE and forgive even the MOST EVIL ACTS.....WE need to! ...for ourselves! ]
Thus the old covenant was FULFILLED for the first and last time in Jesus' death
and Israel stand as the GREAT EXAMPLE of God showing us how man cannot overcome and be redeemed without HELP from God through the spirit of truth....
So STOP TRYING and ASK God for the truth, ask Him to judge you personally after the greatest prayer of your life with every yearning for love and truth you are....... then be very ready to say sorry as you fall ,sickened by the truth about yourself,to the ground - THUS we are INTRODUCED to the spirit of truth and receive the awesome 'fear' of God that all the prophets and apostles had, true humility, the beginning of wisdom.
[Psalms 111:10 ;Proverbs 1:7, & 9:10 ;Revelation 14:7 ;2 Cor 7:1 ;Jonah 1:9 ; Hosea 3:5 ; Jer 5:24 ; etc.

The BLOOD of our saviour was SACRIFICED at his death to bring in the PROMISE of the spirit of truth TO ALL MEN [who are sinners all].....take Him up on the PROMISE...pray, yearn,ASK God!
{not men!!!]

Upvote 0

RayNay714

Worshiper and Seeker
Feb 19, 2002
Kentucky
Visit site
✟807.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I was younger I was very interested in telling others how to live their lives. I was a very good kid, so I thought I had the right totell everyone how they should live. One day I was at church and I said something to my best friend, and he mentioned something about my need to tell others how to live, and it was like God just washed his blood over me, and from then on I never felt the need to judge. I might have opinions, but I don't judge anyone. I have learned to love and accept.

Upvote 0

rwc109

Feb 18, 2002
meditation moving mighty mountains - more moonston
✟1,275.00
Faith
Marital Status
Engaged
Isa 64:4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.
Isa 64:5 Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.
Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isa 64:7 And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.
Isa 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
Isa 64:9 Be not wroth very sore, O LORD, neither remember iniquity for ever: behold, see, we beseech thee, we are all thy people.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
His scarifice was the completion of the old covenant, and the beginning of the new covenant. In other words, By dying on the cross, Jesus released us from the old covenant and committed himself and us who believe to the new covenant. He even said so at the last supper. He wanted us to remember the new covenant everytime we practice communion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.