There are things about football I just don't know.

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I liked football alot more without free agents. When guys stayed on a team most of their careers. All about the money now. Money ruins everything
Without the profit motive, there would be no pro-football.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I liked football alot more without free agents. When guys stayed on a team most of their careers. All about the money now. Money ruins everything
That's one of the things admire about Brady. He was willing to take less so the team could keep/recruite other players.

Of course being married to a super model who makes more than him doesn't hurt.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That I get, but in week 17 that's allowed?
Yes. You can pick up any unsigned player at any time throughout the season. You just can't make a trade after week 8. So, the Patriots wouldn't have been able to trade for Harrison if he was with the Steelers, but since he was released and not claimed by any team, any team could've signed him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The release part I get, but a team picking up a player in the last week just doesn't seem right.

Not unusual for any sport. When a player gets released, the unions want them to have a chance to be picked up. Only limit would be, during playoffs.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not unusual for any sport. When a player gets released, the unions want them to have a chance to be picked up. Only limit would be, during playoffs.
Yeah, but a week before the playoffs, after both teams in question have made the playoffs, just doesn't seem right to me.

Upvote 0