West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
QUOTE= ]It's hard to say, normally I lose my cool. So it's not them, it's me, I don't have the patience for it usually. And my words can, well how do you say, ....my words can egg them on I guess. If I truly had a love for others that disagreed with me, it would change the dynamic of the whole conversation. So I have been focussing on being more like Christ. And reducing my comments overall. I assumed the fights would start right away, so I unsubscribed. But then I noticed that people were calm and collective and respectful, and that type of debate I think is healthy. So I reposted some more posts. It just depends on how it goes. If it gets too heated I can't be here, because I had a one month ban already. Like I said, I can get argumentative. And that is not how it should be. We should honestly care about other people. Christ gives us love, and forgiveness for all of our sins, yet we cannot forgive one another for their rude behaviour. It's just not the way Christ is. We should forgive as we have been forgiven. That is how Christianity is supposed to operate.[/QUOTE

And what are the explicit first directions in Scripture for who we are obeying? (God or man)?
>for instance, Whose evidence, and Whose Directions/Instructions/ are Ekklesia accepting and trusting ? (concerning always the Bible, and for everything else ?)

Since God Himself Provides Eternal Evidence , and all through Creation/ the universe, and the world, and people,
of Himself and His Word, should anything be allowed or able to persuade us to abandon the Bible? or Him? to reject Christ Jesus ?
I do believe God's existence is self explanatory, but this thread is on the Bible not theism. So for that it takes a bit more evidence.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I do believe God's existence is self explanatory, but this thread is on the Bible not theism. So for that it takes a bit more evidence.
?? I don't think that was the question, nor the answer, but from that, let me ask,

If (you knew her), and if Corrie ten Boom met you years ago, and handed you her own book , signed by her, inside the cover, "The Hiding Place",

would you require , need, or even look for ANY proof that she was Corrie ten Boom,
or that that was HER book ?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
?? I don't think that was the question, nor the answer, but from that, let me ask,

If (you knew her), and if Corrie ten Boom met you years ago, and handed you her own book , signed by her, inside the cover, "The Hiding Place",

would you require , need, or even look for ANY proof that she was Corrie ten Boom,
or that that was HER book ?

I am not exactly sure what you are getting at. If you question the moral case for apologetics, I would google search "the scriptural case for apogetics." I believe in the Bible and the inspiration of the scriptures, but I typically don't think that apologetics are really successful. Apologetics do not necessarily convert a skeptic, I think what apologetics does is convert the doubtful person who is on the fence. I don't think there is any saving aspect of apologetics. But they are usefull. The other day I was extremely thankful of norman geislers works on biblical difficulties. That takes alot of leg work, and many many hours of study. I don't think I would be able to do that, so as a believer I am thankful for other's labors into the field. But anyway, I typically don't debate other christians on issues in general, so this will be my last post to you. I think debating other christians sets a precedence that we are fighty and disunified. And I for one, don't desire to divide over secondary issues not relating to salvation. If you wish to continue this topic, just message me and I would love to discuss it with you there.

Upvote 0