✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think? Here's an excerpt:

"They are theoretical inerrantists. What do I mean? I mean that the spirit of the evangelical, inerrantist age in which we live is increasingly characterized by a satisfaction of verbal affirmations and signatures on documents rather than by lives lived in humble submission and conformity to Scripture."

Full article here: Theoretical Inerrantists

There's a wonderful passage quote from J.I. Packer at the conclusion.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you think? Here's an excerpt:

"They are theoretical inerrantists. What do I mean? I mean that the spirit of the evangelical, inerrantist age in which we live is increasingly characterized by a satisfaction of verbal affirmations and signatures on documents rather than by lives lived in humble submission and conformity to Scripture."

Full article here: Theoretical Inerrantists

There's a wonderful passage quote from J.I. Packer at the conclusion.
Some evangelists did better recommending a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Those who argue the Bible is inerrant do not believe the parts that command stoning people who work on Saturday should be obeyed. If the fundamentalists believe the Bible as inerrant, why don’t they sacrifice bulls, sheep, goats and doves?

I would think there are divine passages in the Bible, rather than argue the entire book should be taken literally.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If the fundamentalists believe the Bible as inerrant, why don’t they sacrifice bulls, sheep, goats and doves?

Because Christ was the ultimate sacrifice. Because it is impossible for the blood of animals to take away sin (Hebrews 10:4).

• Useful
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some evangelists did better recommending a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Those who argue the Bible is inerrant do not believe the parts that command stoning people who work on Saturday should be obeyed. If the fundamentalists believe the Bible as inerrant, why don’t they sacrifice bulls, sheep, goats and doves?

I would think there are divine passages in the Bible, rather than argue the entire book should be taken literally.
That has nothing to do with Biblical inerrancy.

Upvote 0