Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That depends on what is being considered important. If it is familiarizing the student with the nuances of all religions in order to make him a better evangelizer, then it is important. If it is to insidiously cast doubt on the Bible as inspired via what is erroneously described as higher criticism, then it is detrimental to spreading the Gospel and can only be deemed important to Satan and his deceptive minions.

Too many times the men of the cloth-or those officially educated in theology schools, seem to be at the forefront of what appears to be a concerted campaign at biblical denigration via casting doubt on the Bible's inspiration, historicity, and even upon the existence of some historical personalities such as Moses, David and even Jesus himself.

So it really all depends on the particular school's curricular agenda.

• Agree
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the importance of religious education in theology school?

I tend to think outside the box. For me, the real importance would be to train others in how to develop great intimacy with the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, so as to receive instruction directly from Him on a continual basis, on any matter of importance to us. All the book learning in the world will never replace or even come close to replacing the intimacy that He intended us to have with our God, in turning to Him for all the answers.

The only thing I think I would have really retained much from a Masters in theology (other than the above, if they had taught it to me), would be a mastery of the original languages. Knowing what I do about most higher level Christian eduction, most of the rest of it would have been a wash.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
What is the importance of religious education in theology school?
I guess Seminaries are different from Theology Schools. Theology trains students from a doctrinal point of view and generally equips them to be Professors and Scholars, and also ministers. They also debate with unbelievers and other scholars, generally people with PhD's and can match their depth from a biblical point of view. At least that's been my experience while teaching Physics at Anderson University which also had a seminary.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When a target is vague you aim for the general direction and hope for the best.

The Arrow and the Song

By Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;