• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

Theological Diversity/Freedom in Disciples of Christ

Good King Edward VI

Waiting for the street fighting to begin.
Jan 13, 2009
The Plantation
Visit site
✟7,660.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello all my new best friends forever,

Quick question. I am wondering how much theological freedom is allowed, in terms of ministers/ministerial leaders in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). For instance, and specifically, would someone who believes that the ordination of women is anti-Scriptural have any chance of making it through the ordination process? Or a person who was adamantly pro-life (I am assuming - and please forgive and correct me if I am wrong - that the D.o.C. is like most other mainline Protestant denominations in that it at least condones abortion [rather than actively promoting it, as, say, the Episcopal "Church" does through its Executive Council's membership in the "Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice"]).

Thanks in advance for any input.

Yours,
Jeff