Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As a firefighter, we were standing on the sidewalk planning our next building inspection when a woman walked by and patted me on the rear. We looked at her, looked at each other, gave a chuckle and took a compliment, and that was the end of it.

A reporter stands on the very edge of a running course. Jokesters make faces and fake grabs in the background. A runner passes by and pats the reporters rear.

She is scarred for life. It's an international incident, and the runners life is ruined as well, no matter what the circumstances and motive.

What would Jesus have done?

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As a firefighter, we were standing on the sidewalk planning our next building inspection when a woman walked by and patted me on the rear. We looked at her, looked at each other, gave a chuckle and took a compliment, and that was the end of it.

A reporter stands on the very edge of a running course. Jokesters make faces and fake grabs in the background. A runner passes by and pats the reporters rear.

She is scarred for life. It's an international incident, and the runners life is ruined as well, no matter what the circumstances and motive.

Touching any part of a woman's body that is generally acknowledged to be sexually attractive without permission is sexual assault (unless the woman is your wife).

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟333,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

As a woman, I prefer men or women not to grab my behind, boobs or my genital areas. Or even touch me . Also I don't grab men or females body parts. Or shake their hands with out permission. Really I prefer no touching at all. I prefer a simple hello, or nothing. So, I would never pat some strange man or woman on the behind. So no ,I don't get this behavior at all.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,988.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is further up the chain.

1. Equality doesn't exist.
2. Women are not men.
3. No inappropriate touching.
4. Stop being so easily offended.

Nobody is equal to anybody else. You are not equal to your siblings. You are not equal to yourself over the years or even on different days.

The problem of equality started at the Tower of Babel:
Bricks or Stones? - YouTube

"Rabbi Daniel Lapin draws a parallel between Tower of Babel and today."

Rabbi Lapin discusses how God made people like stones (all different) but man transforms them into bricks (all equal.) Nimrod tried this. God stepped in to save the people.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟495,477.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Propably not patted anyones rear.

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

What the woman did to you was inappropriate. She’s lucky you took it the way you did. If she had done it to me I would have called law enforcement to force her to have both her head and her eyes examined.:)

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,168,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It's a tricky subject. An uncomfortable possibility is that men and women on average evolved to take being sexually assaulted differently psychologically. For many men being groped is not a big deal, while for women it can be. Makes sense when you figure men are able to pass on their genes much more easily, yet women burdened with pregnancy's would understandably evolve a psychology to be more protective about her prospects.

Of course these would just be averages, I've known women who claim being groped isn't a big deal for them and men who are very sensitive when they are groped by women.

Turn the other.. oh boy.. lol.

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟250,264.00
Faith
Atheist
It's a tricky subject. An uncomfortable possibility is that men and women on average evolved to take being sexually assaulted differently psychologically. For many men being groped is not a big deal, while for women it can be. Makes sense when you figure men are able to pass on their genes much more easily, yet women burdened with pregnancy's would understandably evolve a psychology to be more protective about her prospects.
Just wait until the one who does the groping on the man happens to be a man also. People having been beaten or even killed for this... even for a word, for "making a pass" or even an assumed flirtation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Touching any part of a woman's body that is generally acknowledged to be sexually attractive without permission is sexual assault (unless the woman is your wife).
So then the woman who slapped my butt sexually assaulted me.

I thought it meant I had a nice butt.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem is further up the chain.

1. Equality doesn't exist.
2. Women are not men.
3. No inappropriate touching.
4. Stop being so easily offended.

Nobody is equal to anybody else.

1 thru 4 hit it on the head. Good job.

And according to Jesus, we are not equal. Everyone is above me.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What the woman did to you was inappropriate. She’s lucky you took it the way you did. If she had done it to me I would have called law enforcement to force her to have both her head and her eyes examined.:)
But 30 years ago that's how we lived. We weren't offended at every little slight. It was healthier just to let it go (unless it was egregious or repetitive behavior). Still is

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just wait until the one who does the groping on the man happens to be a man also. People having been beaten or even killed for this... even for a word, for "making a pass" or even an assumed flirtation.
And let's define groping. A pat or a slap is a quick thing. Groping occurs when you get a grip on something

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟495,477.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Again, the question is about being a recipient.
I think he would have said something about treating other people how you want to be treated, which doesn't mean "I like getting public spankings, so I will dish those out", but to treat other people with the respect they desire and you yourself should expect.

And yes, there was a time where women didn't complain about being slapped on their behinds. There was also a time where black people didn't complain about having to ride on the back of the bus and negros didn't complain about having to pick cotton without fair compensation or a choice in the matter.

Those days are over, and good riddance. No amount of pining for the days of oppressions past will get them back for you, so deal with it.

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟102,409.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I don't think Jesus is down with women just accepting getting their bum slapped by a married youth minister when she didn't like it or ask for it while she was working. This has never been okay; women just stayed silent about things like this because she probably would have gotten fired for being a problem or labeled a harlot ( or a prude) if she complained. Times have changed for the better in this respect. If you love getting touched below the waist by strangers then don't say anything. If you find it disrespectful and crass and unwanted , you can say something . It is important for men and women to know that touching others inappropriately is not okay. She was there for work, was dressed in workout gear; just because she was at the side of a race and passers-byers were waving on camera does not mean she should just expect to have her rear end slapped as part of the job.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So then the woman who slapped my butt sexually assaulted me.

I thought it meant I had a nice butt.

You're a man. Those rules don't apply. When a woman slaps a man's butt she's being playful, imo. I don't mind that at all. :D

Upvote 0