ChildofGod88

Dec 30, 2005
Ontario, Canada
✟8,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone! I could really use some prayer for the Youth Group at my church. It has really changed over the years, and quite honestly I don't think it's been a good change. We have had numerous youth pastors over the last 3 years and we with that, the youth has stopped coming out because they haven't been able to connect with their leaders and the focus isn't really on God anymore, it's more on playing games and having fun.

I have been asked to come out and be a youth leader, but I have been reluctant because I don't really see the need in being a leader with leading games. I want to be a leader for Jesus, and I can understand why so much of our senior youth has left because all the junior youth does is fool around.

If anyone would be willing to pray that our youth group changes for God's glory that'd be great. Just that God would be the focus, that there would be worship, prayer, discussion and a message and then perhaps a game or two and snack. I just pray that the youth would be totally re-vamped and that all of us involved would have lightened hearts and a passion to lead the kids in it to a strong relationship with Jesus!

Thank you!

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, there's a real challenge in drawing people into ministry with diversions, and then inspiring them to something that really matters.

The mix of play, work, and challenge -- it's all gotta be there. We're working with human beings. And these are just coming out of childhood, so play time is often meaningful too. Kids in teen range need time to blow off steam, to be around friends socially, where their next action isn't critical for their future or their lives -- just to be themselves in an environment that cares about them. They rarely get this in my area. But if ministry stops there, it just drops the kids. They're not grown spiritually. They get the hint that they don't matter.

Upvote 0
A

Ashbee02

Will be praying! The best thing you can do for youth group right now is pray and seek God personally. Don't be afraid to shine for Christ right now, you can be the example! Have you thought about speaking to your pastor or an adult who helps with the youth about they way you feel? If you approach them humbly and prayer-prepared they may be more willing to hear you out and maybe switch things up a little bit.

I've never felt like just playing games was a good idea... fellowship is great and absolutley nessecary... but first and most importantly Christ needs to be presented and number one!

Good luck & God Bless!

Upvote 0