Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there even a thing such as devotion to the Young Adult Jesus? We have devotion to the Christ Child and devotion to the Crucifix. We know and read about the last three years of Jesus’ life. If Jesus died at age 33, that means He must have been at some time, 26 years old (my age!).

I will do my best to describe Him to you. It is an awesome thing to meditate on!

Devotion to the Young Adult Jesus

Let us meditate on our own lives as well. In our own lives, do we skip a step? Do we skip from the infant child to the man on the cross? Do we go from teenager to adult in one sweep? Or, do we focus some of our time on the steps that lead us to the cross, and furthermore, the resurrection? Are we okay with living our own “hidden life?” Or do we wish we were living the “public life” at 33?

He is a Worker

Jesus works as a carpenter. Historically speaking, He probably works more with stone than with wood, as wood is scarce in the Holy Land. Still, He probably makes all sorts of things from locks on doors to ploughs.

Even before He begins His public ministry, Jesus is building, carving, creating, and working. Work is hard but work is also good. As God worked and created and carved us, Jesus does so with wood and stone.

Do we work hard? Do we know why we work? Do we accept that our work is not always “out there” and recognized by all?

Continued below.