The Worship of Jesus or The Worship of Money

Russ Campbell

An ounce of faith overcomes a ton of fear!
Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I would like to tell you all about a sermon that I used last night at Bible study called The Worship of Jesus or The Worship of Money, that was influential in bringing two lost souls to the Lord. I am so happy for them that they have been snatched out of Satan's reach, and both were very reluctant before the meeting.

I was given total control of the meeting after a supper, and I immediately started with one full hour of worship, we had no worship leader, there were only 4 of us, I took worship from YouTube, 3 hours worth, here is the URL of the YouTube Video that I found and had everyone sing along with:
. The one person that was saved last night was very distracted, so after the sermon (which she totally ignored) , I started into the explanation of what we had read)....first I let the two that were listening read from the Bible , then I noticed that this other person was still distracted with her phone. So I asked her to open in prayer, and she did, then when I went to explain the context of each verse that I had read, I asked her to read those verses, 3 in a row. The others wondered why I was not asking them to read too, but I wanted he to get involved , and thought it was more important that she participate , and she was willing.

I read one of the verses before all of this , and she asked why I said what I said, so I got her to start off by reading the entire context of that verse, I will tell you which one after I paste the updated sermon to this message.

I then asked her if she had ever invited Jesus into her heart, and she said she was not sure. So I asked her if she was willing to ask Jesus to come into her heart. And she aid, if I were to lead her in prayer to do this, she would. So I started the prayer, starting with the fact that she was a sinner, and she needed Jesus. Then I asked her to tell Jesus that she was very sorry for what she had done to others, and to Jesus, then the hardest part, to herself. We then went into the prayer of asking Jesus into her heart. I waited a few minutes, then asked her if she felt anything different. She asked me in what way? I asked her if she felt at peace with herself. I big shout of YES, cam from her, and I told her that Congratulations, she was in the Lamb's Book of Life. The the other person (the one that had not been paying attention earlier) , asked if I could do the same for her.

With a big smile I said YES, INDEED !!!!!, I then went through the same thing with her and afterwords asked if she felt at peace with herself, she said a BIG YES!

I again congratulated her for having her name in the Book of The Lamb. (Maybe I should have explained what that was , but I wanted her to look it up herself, the both of them).

Here is my sermon for that night, but before I post it I want to mention that it was not I that was saving the both of them, and I told them both that it was Jesus, and that He was always waiting for someone to open the door.

Here is the sermon at last:

The Worship of Money or The Worship of Jesus

I would like to title this sermon The Worship of Money or The Worship of God. I would like to ask you the reader, do you worship Jesus or do you worship Money?

Lets face it , the real problem is with this fallen world, the name of Jesus being used to sell something in this world does not sell at all to Non Christians, 90 percent of this world.

The only thing that sells successfully with the name of Jesus on it is the Holy Bible, the one and only thing with the power to sell with Jesus name on it. Everything else has Satan’s name all written over it. (Not including Christian publications).

Many of you say that the mark of the beasts is no yet here , but I say that it is already here : How many of you Christians have trouble selling something with the name of Jesus on it?

Why do you think Jesus said “Shout it from the Housetops ?” He knew that this is precisely what we would be facing in this fallen world, until He he comes again like in Revelations 21 , the second coming.

The Bible is full of reference of things that do not glorify Jesus , I invite you all as Christians of Non Christians to look it up for yourself in the Bible. It does no matter if you are Protestant or Catholic .... read the Bible for yourself to see what I am talking about.

How can you as a Christian justify ANYTHING that does not glorify Jesus. I am not talking about the necessities of life, but the things that do not glorify Jesus. How many of you Christians have justified something in your home that does not glorify Jesus? I am talking about anything that has a worldly value here , money talks in this world, and Jesus said ‘You cannot have Me and Money in this world.

I am talking about unnecessary things, that have been introduced by demonic forces, such as pictures of dragons etc, and items that glorify Satan instead of Jesus, 90 percent of the products in this fallen world are in this category.

Yes money is necessary in this world to live , but many things of Satan have infiltrated this world, and give the things that Glorify Jesus competition for you hard earned money. And the things that Glorify Jesus are getting harder and harder to sell, its a proven fact. Laws are being made to do just that, ask any Christian Musician , or Christian Publisher.

I am not going to give any more examples of things that glorify Satan, because I do not want to glorify him in any way. Instead think about the things that you own, while you are reading the scriptures that I have provided, and let the Words of the Bible inspire you.

10 For the love of money is a root of all evils; it is through this craving that some have been led astray and have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves through with many acute [mental] pangs.

11But as for you, O man of God, flee from all these things; aim at and pursue righteousness (right standing with God and true goodness), godliness (which is the loving fear of God and being Christlike), faith, love, steadfastness (patience), and gentleness of heart.

12Fight the good fight of the faith; lay hold of the eternal life to which you were summoned and [for which] you confessed the good confession [of faith] before many witnesses.

13In the presence of God, Who preserves alive all living things, and of Christ Jesus, Who in His testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I [solemnly] charge you

14To keep all His precepts unsullied and flawless, irreproachable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Anointed One),

15Which [appearing] will be shown forth in His own proper time by the blessed, only Sovereign (Ruler), the King of kings and the Lord of lords,

16Who alone has immortality [in the sense of exemption from every kind of death] and lives in unapproachable light, Whom no man has ever seen or can see. Unto Him be honor and everlasting power and dominion. Amen (so be it).

17As for the rich in this world, charge them not to be proud andarrogant and contemptuous of others, nor to set their hopes on uncertain riches, but on God, Who richly andceaselessly provides us with everything for [our] enjoyment.

18[Charge them] to do good, to be rich in good works, to be liberal and generous of heart, ready to share [with others],

19In this way laying up for themselves [the riches that endure forever as] a good foundation for the future, so that they may grasp that which is life indeed.

Pro_17:16 Why is there money in the hand of a fool to buy wisdom, When he has no common sense or even a heart for it?

Ecc_5:10 He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves abundance with its gain. This too is vanity (emptiness).

Ecc_7:12 For wisdom is a protection even as money is a protection, But the [excellent] advantage of knowledge is that wisdom shields and preserves the lives of its possessors.

Ecc_10:19 The officials make a feast for enjoyment [instead of repairing what is broken], and serve wine to make life merry, and money is the answer to everything.

Isa_43:24 "You have not bought Me sweet cane with money, Nor have you filled Me with the fat of your sacrifices; But you have burdened Me with your sins, You have wearied Me with your wickedness.

Isa_52:3 For the LORD says this, "You were sold for nothing and you will be redeemed, but not with money."

Isa_55:1 "Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy grain and eat. Come, buy wine and milk Without money and without cost [simply accept it as a gift from God]. [Rev_21:6-7; Rev_22:17]

Isa_55:2 "Why do you spend money for that which is not bread, And your earnings for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And let your soul delight in N1abundance. [Jer_31:12-14]

Mat_6:24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon [money, possessions, fame, status, or whatever is valued more than the Lord].

Mat_19:21 Jesus answered him, "If you wish to be perfect [that is, have the spiritual maturity that accompanies godly character with no moral or ethical deficiencies], go and sell what you have and give [the money] to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me [becoming My disciple, believing and trusting in Me and walking the same path of life that I walk]."

Mat_21:12 And Jesus entered the temple [grounds] and drove out [with force] all who were buying and selling [birds and animals for sacrifice] in the temple area, and He turned over the tables of the moneychangers [who made a profit exchanging foreign money for temple coinage] and the chairs of those who were selling doves [for sacrifice]. [Mar_11:15-18; Luk_19:45-47; Joh_2:14-16]

Mat_25:18 But the one who had received the one went and dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money.

Mat_25:27 Then you ought to have put my money with the bankers, and at my return I would have received my money back with interest.

Mat_26:8 But when the N1disciples saw it they were indignant and angry, saying, "Why all this waste [of money]?

Mat_26:9 For this perfume might have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor."

Luk_6:34 If you lend [money] to those from whom you expect to receive [it back], what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners expecting to receive back the same amount.

Have you as a Christian bought something that glorifies Satan instead of Jesus, simply because it is popular in this world? If so: What can you do about it? I encourage you to read the Bible more as a Christian because that is the only way that you can tell for sure. Also listen to the small voice of Jesus, the only voice: The Bible. It will enlighten you, the more you read it, the more your mind will become clear. Do not trust your mind with anything, this is just too important to leave to your own mind.

In conclusion, who are YOU going to follow: Jesus or Money?
My real conclusion for today: It was absolutely fantastic, the whole thing last night, TWO SOULS WERE LOST BUT NOW FOUND! You know how happy that makes me feel? I am ecstatic , even today after hearing this worship service and I had never even heard of these artists, they deserve to have it playing here, I hope I have broken no rules, it comes from the original source. I think that Jesus led me to that sermon , and that piece of music on YouTube. I even muted the commercials. Russ Campbell

Russ Campbell

Last edited:

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have a few computers, and I have given them away to fellow Christians that really needed them, yes money is nice , but its what you do with it. And I don't have much of it, whatever I have I am glad to give away to a worthy cause , I have a big surprise for all of you on Monday, but I am keeping it a secret until then I do not want to spoil the surprise at all, or promise anything openly.

As for being happy about two souls saved, don't the angels rejoice in heaven over 1 lost soul being redeemed? That is the only reason I am happy, I did not do it , Jesus did. And I wanted to put that video up because it was so peaceful and beautiful. I will leave it at that ok? Brother may the Lord be With You and Smile Upon Your Face.

Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I ask you this friend, did you read my sermon? And yes if you are poor, how would you like a free laptop? A nice Samsung Chromebook with a power supply and mouse , mailed right to your door. I would be willing to do that and I don't even know you , it was made in 2013, if you want it please PM me , I am serious. I have already given 3 of them away, and I don't care about money. Period.

Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If anyone else would like one I have 9 of them, they are totally free , and I will pay shipping expenses to get them to your door, and I do not have much money, that is God's Honest Truth. I am getting rid of computer equipment on Monday, and giving away money for it that I really wish I could keep, BUT the Lord has told me to give it all away to the poor, and I am listening , we will wait until Monday, then judge whether or not I am sincere. But until then please accept a a gift from the heart. I have decided to do that here instead of on Facebook. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Up until a week ago I used to be like the person you commented about, but now I just don't care about material possessions, sure I will keep one computer to communicate with. And that is it, the rest I am giving away,AND I have access to over 100 of them, not yet paid for BUT I simply to not care, if The Lord wants me to give them away then I will. As for the most money making business around, YouTube , I am sorry that I even posted that video, but the music is so nice I had to let you hear it, that does not mean that I will ever post something from YouTube again, I agree with you, BUT that video was instrumental in leading 2 poor souls to salvation and again I will say that it was only instrumental, as it was definitely Jesus.

Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Topher694: Because you were nice , I will give you one of these computers, even if you have money. I am sure that you may know someone that desperately needs one , and I want to send it to you. Please accept this as a gift from the heart, that is the way I mean it. Russ Campbell

Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
To all who I have promised laptops to, please wait until after Monday morning to respond to what I have said. I would prefer to deal with it all after Monday morning.

Upvote 0