Lokke

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
✟15,401.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
"Gud är ljus och inget mörker finns i honom. Om vi säger att vi har gemenskap med honom men vandrar i mörkret, ljuger vi och handlar inte efter sanningen. Men om vi vandrar i ljuset, liksom han är i ljuset, då har vi gemenskap med varandra, och blodet från Jesus, hans son, renar oss från all synd." (1 Joh 1:5-7) "Den som håller Guds bud förblir i Gud och Gud i honom." (1 Joh 3:24).

we have discussion in ministerium verksamhet abaout salvation. many people say a person can not loose there salvation and also can not add to it. the other people there say person can loose there salvation and that they must add to it. they agrue that the cross of Jesus is not enough for salvation. salvation then is to be both work for God and man and that together God and man work to have salvation. do you think salvation is by grace of God or salvation is by grace of God and also by your work?

Matt Faith

Jul 25, 2010
Connecticut
✟16,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We Lutherans believe that faith alone is enough for salvation. That Jesus took the punishment that we deserve as sinners when we have faith in him. However, if your faith is sincere you would make changes to your life and you would want to make these changes.

So its not the good works that saves us. We are saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ. All good we do is from the holy spirit, not from ourselves.

Note to long time Lutherans:
*New Lutheran, if anything I said was wrong, Im sorry. Please correct me if neccessary.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We Lutherans believe that faith alone is enough for salvation. That Jesus took the punishment that we deserve as sinners when we have faith in him. However, if your faith is sincere you would make changes to your life and you would want to make these changes.

So its not the good works that saves us. We are saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ. All good we do is from the holy spirit, not from ourselves.

Note to long time Lutherans:
*New Lutheran, if anything I said was wrong, Im sorry. Please correct me if neccessary.

I agree

Upvote 0

Jim47

Heaven Bound
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Michigan
✟46,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If the true Son of God couldn't do it alone who do you think would be able to help? :confused:

WE are born into sin and lean to sin all our lives. We can do nothing good without The Lord, and we can certainly not do anything to earn our salvation. Sancitifaction is another matter but I don't want to confuse you with an explaination now.

Read 2nd Ephesians and then read it about 10 more times. This is alos why Jesus said that who wants to be saved would have to be more righteous then the religous zealots of His day know as Pharisees. In other parts of the gospil Jesus told us that anyone who wanted to see the Father would have to do so by faith in Him.

Ac 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

Upvote 0

doulos_tou_kuriou

Located at the intersection of Forde and Giertz
Apr 26, 2006
MinneSO-TA. That's how they say it here, right?
✟17,424.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Rejecting faith, forgiveness, and salvation is the ONLY thing we can do in regards to faith, forgiveness, and salvation. Therefore neither argument has it right.

One is correct in saying Jesus does everything towards salvation, but is wrong in missing our active our role is in our own damnation. So active, that we can fall into unfaith rather easily.

The other is correct in saying that faith can be lost. Yet it makes the grave mistake of assuming that means we play a role in our salvation.

I know, it borders on paradox, but Lutherans love paradox.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
we have discussion in ministerium verksamhet abaout salvation. many people say a person can not loose there salvation and also can not add to it. the other people there say person can loose there salvation and that they must add to it. they agrue that the cross of Jesus is not enough for salvation. salvation then is to be both work for God and man and that together God and man work to have salvation. do you think salvation is by grace of God or salvation is by grace of God and also by your work?

Wow, both sides believe things not supported by Scripture. But for the people who think that the cross is not good enough for their salvation they should really read and study Ephesians 2:1-10. It really doesn't get any clearer than that, especially verses 8 & 9.

Eph 2:1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins Eph 2:2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience-- Eph 2:3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. Eph 2:4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, Eph 2:5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved-- Eph 2:6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, Eph 2:7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, Eph 2:9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

The people who believe that they have to work together with God are practicing what is known as Synergism. This doctrine is not supported anywhere in Scripture as demonstrated above.

Upvote 0