United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

His WORD IS to this day working in this manner.
:) Gotta watch out for those that have an in-working of deception also. :thumbsup:

Hebrew 4:12 For living the Word of the God, and in-working/en-erghV <1756> and sharper/keener over every blade/knife/macairan <3162> two-mouthed, and penetrating to parting of soul and of spirit, of joints besides and marrows, and judge of feelings and of in-minds/thoughts of heart

2 Thess 2:11 And because of this, is sending to them the God an in-working/en-ergeian <1753> of deception into the to believe them the falsehood.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) Gotta watch out for those that have an in-working of deception also. :thumbsup:

Yeah, Word does reflect that in the heart doesn't it?

2 Thess 2:11 And because of this, is sending to them the God an in-working/en-ergeian <1753> of deception into the to believe them the falsehood.

There are many forms of GOD'S WORDS that still WORK today:

Romans 3:20
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 5:20
Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound.

Romans 7:5
For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Romans 7:8
But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence.

Romans 7:9
For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived

Romans 7:13
Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

It might appear to some that THE WORD has been not only VERY BUSY, but VERY VERY successful in these regards. Exceptionally so...still to this day.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
The "Word" (logos) is Christ. He is the living Word. They are one and the same. You cannot separate Christ and His word. The scriptures are The Words of God. The Bible is the voice of God. The absolute truth.

We are called to live by the Word/Christ. I now live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave His life for me.

Re 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Peace

Christ only means: "Anointed one" as in, Jesus the anointed one; the Christ . . . shortened to Jesus Christ.

I believe Adam was purposed to be the incarnated Word of God. I believe scripture supports that otherwise I wouldn't entertain the thought.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Christ only means: "Anointed one" as in, Jesus the anointed one; the Christ . . . shortened to Jesus Christ.

I believe Adam was purposed to be the incarnated Word of God. I believe scripture supports that otherwise I wouldn't entertain the thought.
That is what I always viewed it. :wave:

Zechariah 14:5 And ye flee ravine of mountains of Me that He shall touch ravine of mountains to 'Atsel and ye flee as which ye fled from faces of the quake in days of `Uzziyah king of Y@huwdah and He comes, YHWH, Elohiym of me all of holy one with Thee.

1 Thessalonians 3:13 Into the stand-fast/sthrixai <4741> (5658) of ye, the hearts blameless in together-holiness before the God and Father of us in the Parousia <3952> of the Lord of us, Jesus Christ, with all of the holy-ones of Him [Zech 14:5/Revelation 19:11.]

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
so you don't believe it is referring at all or alluding to this

Genesis 1

1IN THE beginning God (prepared, formed, fashioned, and) created the heavens and the earth.(

Exactly. He did that before the 6 days of re-doing what Lucifer, in his rebellion, undid. Some folk call it the "gap" theory, i. e., a space of time between Gen. vs 1 and 2 to which I am persuaded to be accurate.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that's a different scripture. do you connect that word specifically to the Word mentioned in John

That 'scripture' shows The Word is LIVING/ACTIVE, not some pointless drivel written on pages long ago that have no effect just as Word Living and dynamic shows in the 'scripture' from John.

and if so, who/what is that word and how does this change your day to day life squint?

The Word does what it does with all of us, as noted in that same scripture.

You might see my post #23 in this thread to see part of the working DYNAMIC of The Word that continues to this day no matter WHAT any of us may actually 'see' working. But WORD WORKS what WORD WORKS and does so as A LIVING DYNAMIC POWER all of His Own. No different than Word was from 'the beginning.'

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
if the word is living and active then scripture is not the word (they are mutually exclusive as the bible is not living and/or active in any way)

that's what I'm getting at. just quoting a scripture and providing no explanation is not sharing your opinion. otherwise someone could quote the whole bible... and since people have debated its meaning for thousands of years no one would have a clue as to what they thought. KWIM?

I was just wanting to know your opinion, not just what verses you associated with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Meshavrischika

Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

It states that the Word was God. God is eternal. No beginning or end.
this is what you wrote...

"in the beginning was the Word, and the word was God" was written by John

you say God has not beginning and I appreciate that but that's a given but in reality the beginning before the beginning of the Earth is immaterial to who and what we are - His creation of us and our existance is what matters in our path, not what has happened before that, other than He was here and created us and everything that matters to us... so, "in the beginning" would naturally refer to Genesis... to our beginning... and to assert otherwise would be strange... do you see what I'm saying?

Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Question: How is this going to remain an interesting [hopefully] productive thread, if silly questions from silly people are going to be allowed to suck the life out it?
I don't know. I really want this to be a serious discussion of what that specific passage is referring to, it's whole meaning and implications on life etc. and not just a bible quote fest with no explanations and a "christianism" quote fest where we say things that sound good but we don't really understand, we've just heard them over and over... I want us to explain these "big ideas" like "in the beginning was the word" and have a real answer... not a churchy cover story

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if the word is living and active then scripture is not the word (they are mutually exclusive as the bible is not living and/or active in any way)

that's what I'm getting at. just quoting a scripture and providing no explanation is not sharing your opinion.

The Word is 'recorded' for our benefit. That does not alter or hinder what The Word does.

otherwise someone could quote the whole bible... and since people have debated its meaning for thousands of years no one would have a clue as to what they thought.

Debate is part of the working and in that comes THE REFELCTION(s) of the hearts. I'm sure you've heard the statement that as we study The Word, we come to understand that The Word is moreso studying us.

The citings in post #23 also show us in part 'what' The Word IS working, so WHAT DO YOU SEE there also becomes part of the discernment/revealing that Word brings, but that working is not altered in any way. Word does what Word does. Word goes out and does not come back void.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

spiritman

Jul 4, 2008
✟11,991.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
this is what you wrote...

"in the beginning was the Word, and the word was God" was written by John

you say God has not beginning and I appreciate that but that's a given but in reality the beginning before the beginning of the Earth is immaterial to who and what we are - His creation of us and our existance is what matters in our path, not what has happened before that, other than He was here and created us and everything that matters to us... so, "in the beginning" would naturally refer to Genesis... to our beginning... and to assert otherwise would be strange... do you see what I'm saying?

So, what did I assert?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Question: How is this going to remain an interesting [hopefully] productive thread, if silly questions from silly people are going to be allowed to suck the life out it?

Ah! congratulations! We have our FIRST REFLECTION in the thread of AN ACCUSATION! Perhaps even a FALSE ONE!

What a WONDER The Word REFLECTS. So fascinating and predictable.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.