Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I don't have kids. But I imagine that having kids, you get a step closer to understanding the nature of God's unconditional love.
"The way I love my daughter or son, must be how God loves me." That insight surely adds wisdom to your faith journey. Maturity.
I can only get a glimpse of parenthood through owning a dog.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont see too many Christians relating to this... I have children and have had Dogs..... I cant think of one thing that they can do that would make me fill that it would be justice to watch them burn forever or not get a second chance.

But all that aside.....God loves us much more than we even think we love our children and pets.... Giving up your own life so that someone else can live????? No greater love than that. Im living now only because He died......Therefore I owe Him my Life.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have raised 5 kids.
Raising children is probably the #1 best lesson we can have about the Character of the Creator.
You know full well you would never torture your own child no matter what they have done. The goal is always rehabilitation. Success.
You get to see that they are born to rebel. So are we. Harshly punishing rebellion has either two results: 1. they conform out of fear.
2. they hide their transgressions better.
How funny is that? That is just what we do to God!

What we want as parents is for our kids to have a change of heart and act according to the heart of the parent. That is all that our God wants from us. He is not terribly impressed that we follow a list of rules because of fear. He wants us to truly LOVE His character so much that we act that way because we love Him. Its so simple.

Great question.

• Winner
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I have raised 5 kids.
Raising children is probably the #1 best lesson we can have about the Character of the Creator.
You know full well you would never torture your own child no matter what they have done. The goal is always rehabilitation. Success.
You get to see that they are born to rebel. So are we. Harshly punishing rebellion has either two results: 1. they conform out of fear.
2. they hide their transgressions better.
How funny is that? That is just what we do to God!

What we want as parents is for our kids to have a change of heart and act according to the heart of the parent. That is all that our God wants from us. He is not terribly impressed that we follow a list of rules because of fear. He wants us to truly LOVE His character so much that we act that way because we love Him. Its so simple.

Great question.
Thanks for those insights. It is so true about the rebelling part and the skill and love required as a parent in dealing with it.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS

Ephesians 5 (NASB)...Marriage Like Christ and the Church
22 Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.
24 But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,
26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.
28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself;
29 for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church,
30 because we are members of His body.
31 For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.
32 This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church.
33 Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and
the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.

Ephesians 6 (NASB) ...Family Relationships
6 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
2 Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise),
3 so that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth.
4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger,
but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Colossians 3:20-21 ..Children, be obedient to your parents in all things, for this is well-pleasing to the Lord. Fathers, do not exasperate your children, so that they will not lose heart.

3 John 1:4 ...I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth.

1 Corinthians 7:3-4
The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband.
The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise
also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.

Psalm 127:3-4 ...Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth.

Matthew 7:11 ...If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!

Matthew 18:3 and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, (simple FAITH!) you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:14 ..But Jesus said, “Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me;
for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

John 1:12 ...But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become "children of God", even to those who believe in His name,

Romans 8:16 ...The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are "children of God" (believers!)

Upvote 0