Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This Forum is a place for respectful discussion and debate of political issues, by Roman Catholics, in the context of the Roman Catholic Faith.

Screen-Shot-2021-08-22-at-3.05.38-PM-e1629662820956.png

'Hi, I'm Shirley Shawn, the Non-Binary Unicorn, and I'm here to colonize your child's mind' (The Wiggles screenshot)

My kids were all little in the 2000s, and grew up in part on The Wiggles, the Australian musical group for kids. They were huge back in the day, though I lost track of them when my kids outgrew them. Well, The Wiggles are now woke. Take a look at this recent sketch, which I’ve cued to the right spot:

In the clip, the character Captain Feathersword addresses the Shirley Shawn unicorn character using “they/them” pronouns. On Twitter, someone asked about it — and one of the Wiggles responded:

Continued below.
The Wiggles Of Weimar | The American Conservative

Sebastian154

Aug 24, 2021
Florida
✟7,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
For behold, the days are coming when they will say, ‘Blessed are the barren and the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!’ Luke 23:29

We don't live in a child-honoring society. Instead of letting children be children, many parents now are using children as pawns to advance their own worldview and it's usually an anti-Christian one.

People might get mad at me about it, but there's no such thing as "non-binary" because there are only two sets of reproductive organs: male and female. Sure, intersex people exist, but they are relatively uncommon compared to the vast majority of people and usually they want to identify as one of the two existing genders.

We're going to wind up with a generation of very confused, messed up children if we don't get back to traditional family values and stop making everything about sex. There is no reason that children should be learning about this kind of stuff, especially from children's television programs as it's clear that this is just an attempt to indoctrinate the youngest amongst us into the far-leftist worldview where there are no absolutes and thus, nothing has any meaning other than what you assign it.

My heart breaks for the children of today. I cannot imagine how hard it's got to be to be a child in today's world of overprotective parents and constant political indoctrination in every cartoon and television show. I feel doubly bad for Christian children because they are likely going to be ostracized by their peers for not going with what secular society says.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We're going to wind up with a generation of very confused, messed up children if we don't get back to traditional family values and stop making everything about sex. There is no reason that children should be learning about this kind of stuff, especially from children's television programs…

Truth. There’s no reason for children to be learning about adult gender and sexuality issues. At all.

Upvote 0

Sebastian154

Aug 24, 2021
Florida
✟7,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
There’s no reason for children to be learning about adult gender and sexuality issues. At all.

Children don't even know what gender is, and it really ought to stay that way until they hit puberty but the idea that you can somehow change your gender is unscientific and ludicrous to anyone with a shred of a rational mind.

No matter what surgeries a man has, or what hormones he takes, he will never be able to change "XY" into "XX", so therefore it is impossible to change your gender and it is a form of mass psychosis that we're forcing people to play along with for the sake of the feelings of a very vocal and loud minority.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0