Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
None of that is "news". It's guesses. Opinions.

I am nobody's servant, and I am not lazy.

As for the personal insults, trying to redirect
the observation about false prophets doesnt
even fool me. But perhaps it will work on your
"Almighty".

And if you care to discuss whether its China or the
USA that is " evil" bring it on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟88,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Note: The kingdom of heaven is here on Earth.

Rich people really means the people who live in rich lands - the West. The West is currently scheduled to be obliterated. America first, and then Europe. The Axis of Evil (Russia, China, Iran and NK) will take care of this. Russia and China are already threatening war against America.

The rich won't enter the kingdom of heaven because they will be wiped out first.

At the sound of terror (Isaiah 24:18), you will have an opportunity to flee to a safe country far away. You won't, and you'll be killed. This is the parable of the talents (Matthew 25) where the lazy servant (too lazy to get out of the way) is killed by a harvest (big war).

The sound of terror is the excuse for a big war. Today, it would be a small nuclear attack which serves as an excuse for a big nuclear attack as retaliation.

Israel's current war with its neighbors will likely escalate to the point where Israel will use nuclear weapons. This is the excuse. Retaliation will come against America within a year.

Honestly, why are theists so prone to believing in such fairy tales and fantasies? I admit that theists aren't alone in this, as atheists can believe in wild conspiracy theories and doomsday scenarios as well, but at least they don't extend these fantasies to their entire worldview by believing in wild stories about God, damnation, and their eternal souls.

In an odd way it does help explain the belief in God... you take humanity's tendency to believe that the sky is falling, from that you create a fall guy to blame for this impending judgment, and a virtuous hero to save the faithful... you institutionalize it, and voila, you have religion, complete with a divine text to prove that your fears were justified.

It's a brilliant system, because it allows everyone to interpret that text as they see fit. It's practically a one size fits all handbook to their own personal ideology. It's got a good guy... that's me and those who agree with me. It's got a bad guy... that's everyone who doesn't. And it's got a supreme arbiter to guarantee that those bad guys will eventually get their due, and I'll get my well deserved reward.

But how do you get people to realize that the sky isn't falling? That there aren't 'good' people and 'bad' people... there's just people. Collectively... together... us. There's no God coming to save us, that's just a fantasy that humans created to help them deal with the cruelty and injustice of life. But if it does indeed help you deal with that injustice, then fine. But don't even begin to imagine that you're better than anyone else... you're not.

You're not a judge, you're not a prophet, you're not a seer, and you're not a saint. You're no better than me or anyone else. Priests, poets, and prostitutes... we're all just people. Welcome to humanity, we ain't always pretty.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,533.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I asked you in the context of YOUR post. It’s not about me it’s about God taking care of a person. That’s the context I meant.

"............take care of everything".

Would have thought it obvious and not need further explanation.

.I was brought up to always say it as it is, can be a surprise how well it turns out.

To put it another way and say,
",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and Truth will take care of everything..

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Honestly, why are theists so prone to believing in such fairy tales and fantasies? I admit that theists aren't alone in this, as atheists can believe in wild conspiracy theories and doomsday scenarios as well, but at least they don't extend these fantasies to their entire worldview by believing in wild stories about God, damnation, and their eternal souls.

In an odd way it does help explain the belief in God... you take humanity's tendency to believe that the sky is falling, from that you create a fall guy to blame for this impending judgment, and a virtuous hero to save the faithful... you institutionalize it, and voila, you have religion, complete with a divine text to prove that your fears were justified.

It's a brilliant system, because it allows everyone to interpret that text as they see fit. It's practically a one size fits all handbook to their own personal ideology. It's got a good guy... that's me and those who agree with me. It's got a bad guy... that's everyone who doesn't. And it's got a supreme arbiter to guarantee that those bad guys will eventually get their due, and I'll get my well deserved reward.

But how do you get people to realize that the sky isn't falling? That there aren't 'good' people and 'bad' people... there's just people. Collectively... together... us. There's no God coming to save us, that's just a fantasy that humans created to help them deal with the cruelty and injustice of life. But if it does indeed help you deal with that injustice, then fine. But don't even begin to imagine that you're better than anyone else... you're not.

You're not a judge, you're not a prophet, you're not a seer, and you're not a saint. You're no better than me or anyone else. Priests, poets, and prostitutes... we're all just people. Welcome to humanity, we ain't always pretty.
Well said.

Remarkable too is the way that people
fool themselves into believing they are infallible
no chance whatever that their sacred beliefs and
interpretations could be mistaken.

No chance that they dont know more than every
scientist on earth ( no researcher knows that ToE / deep time are false, nor a fact indicating they are ).

Rrmarkable that every single yec knows so much
They dont even need to study!

But not really so remarkable, for lo, as our noted
Nobel physicist Dr. Richard Feynman stated, " the easiest person to fool is yourself."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Note: The kingdom of heaven is here on Earth.

Rich people really means the people who live in rich lands - the West. The West is currently scheduled to be obliterated. America first, and then Europe. The Axis of Evil (Russia, China, Iran and NK) will take care of this. Russia and China are already threatening war against America.

The rich won't enter the kingdom of heaven because they will be wiped out first.

At the sound of terror (Isaiah 24:18), you will have an opportunity to flee to a safe country far away. You won't, and you'll be killed. This is the parable of the talents (Matthew 25) where the lazy servant (too lazy to get out of the way) is killed by a harvest (big war).

The sound of terror is the excuse for a big war. Today, it would be a small nuclear attack which serves as an excuse for a big nuclear attack as retaliation.

Israel's current war with its neighbors will likely escalate to the point where Israel will use nuclear weapons. This is the excuse. Retaliation will come against America within a year.

Well it's a good thing they don't kill false prophets anymore

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟88,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It is odd behaviour for someone who believes
what the bible says about false prophets.

Ah, you can't really blame him, it's like standing in the middle of Gaza and screaming for the killing to stop, but nobody listens. At some point you just give up and curse the whole lot of them. That's where Matt's at... screaming at anybody he can... because the cruelty won't stop and nobody'll listen, no matter what God he invokes, but he needs to learn that that doesn't work either, it just turns you into them... a vindictive, judgmental, sorry example of a Christian. And he's just one of many, they aren't new, or special, or saved, they're just bitter. Maybe with time he'll learn forgiveness and patience and maybe he won't, either way he's just people being people.

So you and I'll muddle along and roll our eyes at the nonsensical things he says, realizing that the end isn't nigh, the sky isn't falling, and this too shall pass. But for now, I'm gonna have a cookie.

Upvote 0