The Wesleyan Church - Women in Ministry

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That was the denom my dad was ordained in. He was very much against women doing much of anything but being slaves to their husbands. But I find it interesting (hilarious actually) that his denom was the first to ordain women into the ministry, back in the 1850s.

Here is an interesting collection of articles regarding that, mostly historical, as it relates to that denomination.

https://secure.wesleyan.org/62/women-in-ministry

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That was the denom my dad was ordained in. He was very much against women doing much of anything but being slaves to their husbands. But I find it interesting (hilarious actually) that his denom was the first to ordain women into the ministry, back in the 1850s.
That is pretty ironic.

I was just posting in another thread that two people can view something and see different images....like this:

miss-big.jpg

Some see a young woman.....others see an old haggard woman. It's not too different with the Bible....some see it as good news for THEM (only...and those in their group)....or Good News for ALL.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We just finished reading Romans in our bible study group, and the last chapter is interesting regarding the many, many women Paul choose to specifically greet in the letter.

From the chapter, Romans 16, one could gain the impression women were doing more than 1/2 of the work of the early church.

Upvote 0